Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon - parodic fantasy turn-based blobber

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
@Black Cat
That post could easily have been reduced to:
Assholes are winners, deal with it.

You just don't quite seem able to grasp the concept of virtue. Now why is that?

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Jack said:
@Black Cat
That post could easily have been reduced to:
Assholes are winners, deal with it.

You just don't quite seem able to grasp the concept of virtue. Now why is that?

She's getting there. She already touched on the fact that spiders can't fraternize with flies. Only with spiders.

She also touched on the fact that spiders attack each other.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Awor Szurkrarz said:
You're missing the point here. The problem with the "honest pirate" cult is that they actually have rules against buying stuff that can be gotten for free. Their "honesty" doesn't have any practical value when they don't buy anything from what they have copies, while a person that "makes excuses" bought as much or more than a person that doesn't pirate would.
I disagree. You see, I have quite a bit of abandonware (which is very legally dubious). I have no intention of paying for them, even when they're available from a site like GOG because I simply don't feel like it. However, I do buy games I feel are worth playing/buying and ignore a lot that I feel aren't. Can't paint everyone with the same brush.

Wunderpurps

Educated
Black Cat said:
@ Wunderpups

I have some perspective, little guy. It is you who doesn't, and I can explain why instead of trying to look cool and then go away without arguments.

If the entire world is so, sure, I'm compromising my own position. But I never said the entire world should be so, and it will never be so. That's the entire point, as you would know if you did read what I wrote: To have many obeying morals and rules while not doing so yourself. Therefore you benefit from them without needing to give anything in exchange.

That I choose to live in such way does not means I believe everyone should do so. The spiders need flies, indeed. Otherwise they attack each other. But that's the fun part: You can talk of this shit openly and most will never come to their senses given they have already made their minds about it and it is much easier to believe they are doing good than to accept they are just being manipulated by the bigger and meaner spiders.

The most, also, react by strenghtening their own convictions in the need of law and goodness. Because, they say, if there's so many people trying to exploit them, evil spiders and parasites, what they need is moar laws and stronger morals. Which means they are really missing the point.

And that's fine with me. The fact they react in such way, however, is the only justification you need. If that wasn't the way of the world, the way of nature, and the way of God they would actually react instead of go Bzzzz and Bzzzz (and Bzzzz). So, indeed, by discussing those thingies openly and seeing the reaction I just justify my own belief on my own ideology, given there's no sin in taking advantage of those who set themselves to be exploited.

"The slaves shall serve" is part of The Law, in the end.

You spend all this time justifyinf yourself instead of just fucking paying up. So that says a lot about you, mainly that you are a loser. If 20 bucks is worth the same effort you put into the bullshitting and rationalizing you do in this thread then you are a failure to put it plainly.

Now you talk about rights and other people not having rights. But where the fuck do you get a right to play the game? You don't have to play it, and according to you and villain you don't even like the games you play.

I agree most if not all the games coming out lately are shit, but I don't have any temptation to play them either so it makes my decision making pretty simple. Just like when I lost my drama points playing the demo then said "fuck this game!" and rage quit because I couldn't save scum.

The funny part is you act almost like you are a badass for pirating a game. Yeah a real badass, just like that idiot "friend" everyone has who always puts in slightly less than his share when the check comes. Compared to the time you spend on the hobby the money is nothing or should be unless you live in china. But then when the check is short or the tip bad everyone gets shittier service the next time around, and then you brag how badass you are because you didn't pay for the next even more shit game which you helped to not come out. And maybe the bouncer won't let you in next time.

That is, we now have DRM because of you, and we get laws passed to make it easier for the gubmint to fuck with everyone (and thanks to you will get abused to be used for much more than stopping piracy). You seem to think piracy is unstoppable but I'll come out now and say it will be stopped at least in civilized countries. All your shit is already tracked, and it won't be long before it becomes usable in court cases, and any web site can be taken down instantly. It's not a matter of technology it just takes time to bribe enough senators to make it happen. But it's just a matter of time, and when I see dipshits like you talking then I stop feeling sorry for people facing massive lawsuits by RIAA. Game software has been kind enough to refrain from that shit so far but the glorious future holds criminal actions and huge lawsuits and instant closing of sites advocating piracy.

Wunderpurps

Educated
mondblut said:
It's not at all dumb to read, but yeah, kinda dumb to write. The first rule of Fight Club and all that. Ignore Black Cat. We don't want you to stop seeking a cure for cancer. Please continue. :smug:

What I am trying to do is much more important than curing cancer, we'll see if I succeed some day.

Charles-cgr said:
Black Cat said:
Edit: And then there's the people who find bad girls sexy and kinky and stuffies and thingies and actually like you because you are a bitch. At least for a while, then they start getting moralfag attacks and break up with you. Now I'm depressed. :(

You're closer to seeing the flaws of your system than I first imagined. Best of luck with those growing pains.

Indeed. My first thought as well. It is quite amusing watching the circle slowly being drawn. However, I am willing to bet she will draw back from the obvious conclusion before reaching it. At least for now.

How did she put it?

"The most, also, react by strenghtening their own convictions in the need of law and goodness."

Change a few words in there and it fits perfectly.

Cassidy

Arcane
It was lulz to see Black Cat spewing what I presume to be the typical Satanist/LHP rhetoric. About Frayed Knights, I will buy it eventually, but I have other games to try and other priorities to run beyond gaming.

As for me, I am not a spider, I am a big black and red bear looking at millions of other bears thinking they are sheeple rather than bears while the pigs suck them dry in the Animal Farm. If there is hope, it lies in the proles bears:

Un oso is a bear
And bears a big and hairy
At night you best beware
'Cause they are oh so scary!

Reading all the BC arguments induced me to repeat this great masterwork of poetry because of how it is...

:M

mondblut

Arcane
Black Cat said:
However, that's true IRL. But why in a forum full of people you will never meet or, even better, you may actually meet without them, or you, ever being able to tell is you, or them?

You never know :lol: Those *chan folks had numerously proven how illusionary and fleeting our internet anonimity is. Most of us leave a shitload of traces online. Here, at least one other poster had recognized me from the old fidonet days, for once, merely from the posting style and gaming background (used to be kind of a minor celebrity back in the day). I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Besides, boasting of one's macchiavellian prowess can become a bad habit, pride is a bitch and all that. Nah, the most efficient sociopath has to ever maintain a facade of a nicest person on earth, internets included.

Edit: And then there's the people who find bad girls sexy and kinky and stuffies and thingies and actually like you because you are a bitch. At least for a while, then they start getting moralfag attacks and break up with you. Now I'm depressed. :(

Even slaves have to be fed in order to be productive, hey ;)

Cassidy

Arcane
the most efficient sociopath has to ever maintain a facade of a nicest person on earth, internets included.

What does make you different from all the self-centered sociopaths that make decisions in Zenimax, EA, Activision and alike that fucked up the gaming industry then?

Wunderpurps

Educated
Blackadder said:
Charles-cgr said:
Black Cat said:

You're closer to seeing the flaws of your system than I first imagined. Best of luck with those growing pains.

Indeed. My first thought as well. It is quite amusing watching the circle slowly being drawn. However, I am willing to bet she will draw back from the obvious conclusion before reaching it. At least for now.

How did she put it?

"The most, also, react by strenghtening their own convictions in the need of law and goodness."

Change a few words in there and it fits perfectly.

Black Cat is strictly fuck and chuck material at best, no matter how attractive she may be.

mondblut

Arcane
Cassidy said:
the most efficient sociopath has to ever maintain a facade of a nicest person on earth, internets included.

What does make you different from all the self-centered sociopaths that make decisions in Zenimax, EA, Activision and alike that fucked up the gaming industry then?

I am not in charge, that's what :lol:

Were I to become a CEO in that industry, I'd eventually make sure my employees are primarily motivated by doses of an antidote to deadly nanovirus introduced into bloodstream of their loved ones, and kids sell half their organs and prostitute the rest by the time they turn seven in order to allow themselves another digital fix.

Also, they aren't particularly good at maintaining facades either. Late mr. Jobs was doing far better job. To leech a generation dry yet be considered a modern saint by millions - that's true class. :salute:

Ed123 said:
Hmm, even with all the usual faggots trying to curry favour with her, this thread actually made me respect Black Cat more. :decline:

Stop pretending you don't like it, Ed. You also want her to do stuffies with your thingie so you can mysticize her wicca until she goes NYA.

rare footage of villain of the story actually being friendly towards someone

Boot.jpg

the above said:
HI I AM LOOKING FOR CHEAT CODES FOR THIS GAME ARE THERE ANY?

yeah if you d/l the game u can cheat the developer out of his $$$, lol

the code is:

3 double-ues dot piratebay dot com

Sordid Jester

Educated
I remember all of the complaining about how little attention this thread got and then saw it bumped up to eleven pages and thought "Oh hey, maybe there's some pretty good info in there now" and then I read it all and now I forgot why I even entered this thread in the first place.

I'm going back to bed, g'night.

corvus

Arcane
The Codex sure takes itself seriously sometimes.

I think I'll try out this Frayed Knights though. That's what this thread was about right?

desocupado

Magister
I'm here wondering, what are the masterful manipulations Black Cat has enacted in real life.

Because I read much of those walls of text, and it all sounded (readed) like a teenager with an inflated ego, maybe with a sprinkle of sociopath?

Found it kinda silly, to be honest.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Mondblut

You are pretty much right. Is there a feat that gives +3 will saves against Gloating? :(

@ Desocupado

I'm here wondering, are you all really moral and coherent beings in real life?

Because I read much of those walls of text, and it all sounded (readed) like a bunch of retards talking about morality and stuffies while being just the same as everyone else, taking advantage of who they can, working for business who don't care about anything but benefits and screw everyone they can, and living in countries that do well because they exploit the weaknesses of other countries or do bad because they don't know how to play that game.

Found it kinda silly, to be honest.

Other than that, I never said I was a master manipulator. I just said I was playing the same game everyone else is playing and was honest about it. How well do I do it? How badly do I do it? I can't judge that myself, and it isn't really important: If you are going to decide how right or wrong a philosophy is based only on how much it benefits you then, well, I'm right in the end. Which is the entire point, actually. :P

@ Wunderpups

You fail at reading comprehension, honey. I already answered much of the things you tried to argument:

You spend all this time justifyinf yourself instead of just fucking paying up. So that says a lot about you, mainly that you are a loser. If 20 bucks is worth the same effort you put into the bullshitting and rationalizing you do in this thread then you are a failure to put it plainly.

Awesome reading comprehension here. It's not about lack of money. Two monts ago I spent a small fortune on the most uncomfortable pair of boots I ever saw, because they are pretty as hell and really classy. It's about principles. Or the lack of principles.

And I don't justify myself, as the philosophy I follow allows to do whatever the fuck you can get away with as long as you are honest to yourself about it. I'm just calling you all on your hypocrisy, explaining how ideology doesn't equal goodness and righteusness, and maybe gloating a little bit because I'm not perfect at all and can have some vices.

Now you talk about rights and other people not having rights. But where the fuck do you get a right to play the game?

Awesome reading comprehension. I do not have a right. Neither do they. I can get away with what I want. They can't. Suck it up.

The funny part is you act almost like you are a badass for pirating a game.

I'm not acting badass. I'm not a badass. I'm just a bon vivant with a touch of Merveilleuse. I do have some pretty badass friends, though. My ex, the cool one, is pretty badass, and his pals are too. That's, in no a small part, why I can be a bitch.

That is, we now have DRM because of you, and we get laws passed to make it easier for the gubmint to fuck with everyone (and thanks to you will get abused to be used for much more than stopping piracy).

Yet I don't have to put with DRM in the least. :smug:

Sucks to be you.

You seem to think piracy is unstoppable but I'll come out now and say it will be stopped at least in civilized countries.

It's fine, I have other hobbies.

Also,

u-mad.gif

Why do I never meet people so emotional and full of convictions IRL? Jeez.

Monocause

Arcane
Trash said:
Black Cat is really going out of her way to tell us all that she is not a very nice person. Don't sweat it sweety, those teenage years are hard on all of us.

That's precisely why it's so adorable, coupled with the most recent post especially and the whole morality OT. Girls following such a development path usually turn out to be quite cool later on, unless they forget to get off that bus at some point.

made

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
the above said:
HI I AM LOOKING FOR CHEAT CODES FOR THIS GAME ARE THERE ANY?

yeah if you d/l the game u can cheat the developer out of his $$$, lol
I lold. Hard. Taking CK off ignore has definitely paid off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom