Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info FreeDriod weekly update

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Freedroid

<A href="http://freedroid.sourceforge.net/">FreeDroid</a> has been updated, though I'd kind of forgotten about it for a few weeks, but it's updated. Oh, and there are now <a href="http://freedroid.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php">screenshots</a> of the isometric viewpoint. Here's the changes, though:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>Color filtered enemy surfaces now working again (except for 302).</li><li>Improved enemy status bar: energy will be displayed on hostile bots.</li><li>Two new shield types added to Tux sword motion animation.</li><li>
<br>
Remaining bots in clear level missions will be announced.</li><li>'Game Paused' text added.</li><li>Tux movement improved: clicking bots will make tux move.</li><li>Mouse bot detection improved</li><li>Level editor: Items and obstacles will now move correctly on level resize operation.</li><li>'Closure pieces' for the cave walls added applied in the map.</li><li>'Butch', the arena master will now correctly respond to previous arena victories and results.</li><li>Warehouse mission is now complete, including reward, completion detection, asking again and all that properly handled.</li><li>Items dropped to the floor will now 'jump' once.</li><li>Enemies can now be attacked by just left-clicking them.</li><li>Checks can now be looted by just left-clicking them, and there'll be a notification in the status bar.</li><li>302 now does some damage (regardless of tux position though...)</li></ul>
<br>
<br>
I really could do without <i>Tux</i>. Give me a big, bad robot!

johannesprix

Novice
the nature of the project

Hi guys!

It's great that you've brought out all the news about FreedroidRPG. That's a great honor to us, because this is just a student project, which is open and free and developed entirely by volunteers in their leisure time, so being mentioned right next to the big commercial guys is a great honor. All the development is taking place under Linux, which is the primary target, but we've got some windows port under development as well, but it's not yet on the public download server cause the guy doing the cross-compiling is currently moving from England to Germany. Recently we've done the full OpenGL support, so that even 700Mhz machines give over 120 fps with GeForce4, well almost 100 still with GeForece2, so the speed is acceptable now, so it's almost 'playable'.

As for the big bad robot, that's a good idea. If you can come up with a suitable 3d-model in Blender, we're sure to include it and make a full animation with it.

This forum and news site is great.

See ya, Johannes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom