Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Frogwares' The Sinking City - that other Cthulhu game

GandGolf

Augur
They also inserted some retarded KKK stuff.
Do the klansmen actually go after anybody other than the fish people? Somebody said there is a quest where the klan are killing people and in the Steam screenshots there's a pic of them burning some people near a cross.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Got the current gen complete edition on the cheap. Stoked to play a non-shit version of this. The ps4 load times killed alot of my enjoyment and made the game feel like a chore.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This game should have been a fucking classic. I think they got everything right in terms of setting and the main story. All so good in spite of the obvious low budget. I love that the game refuses to give you quest markers and shiet. I mean it still kind of does but it's all done through reading text. Story progression is left entirely up to the player's literacy. Frabulous atmosphere and storytelling. My biggest beef with the game is the obvious filler. Like 90% of the side cases are just meant to pad out the game length and they bog everything down and ruin the fun. Such a shame.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
t-t-t-TRIPLE POST

New DLC announced

We will also release a new DLC, Merciful Madness, but please keep in mind that it will only work with the new version
of the game. If you don't want to replay the game from scratch to access the DLC, you will be able to download the prepared saves that will take you straight to the start of the Merciful Madness quests.

Finally almost time for that second playthrough.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Turns out the new version will be free for existing owners.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/750130/view/3860212413479308208

The Sinking City | New version F.A.Q.
We have answered some of your frequently asked questions about the new version of the game that is coming soon
Hey everyone,

As we've mentioned before, we will soon release a new version of The Sinking City - free for existing owners - that comes with all the latest bug fixes and optimizations as well as a few things to keep in mind:

Due to a number of technical reasons, your old saves won't be compatible with the new version.

Please read the F.A.Q. to learn more about what's coming and how it may affect you.

Q. What's included inside the new version of The Sinking City?
A. The new version includes the bugfixes and optimizations previously released for the game on other platforms. Essentially, it's a patch. The reason we are calling it a new version is to emphasize the fact that it will exist alongside the current version for some time.

Q. When is this new version coming?
A. We don't have the exact date, but aiming for mid January.

Q. Is this new version going to be free for everyone?
A. Yes.

Q. Will my saves work with the new version?
A. No.

Q. But what if I don't want to lose all my progress and start a new game when the new version is released?
A. We're keeping the current version until February 28th, 2024. When you launch the game from Steam, you will see this window.

From there, you can choose the version you want to play.

Q. But I want to play the new version without having to start from scratch.
A. We will prepare saves for you to download and continue your playthrough in the new version. However, since these are our saves, we won’t be able to match your previous progress 100%, so please expect some of your previous choices, inventory items and skills to be different.

Q. Are there any visual enhancements or gameplay updates in this new version?
A. No. That’s not to say we are not considering it in the future.

Q. Will the new version affect the game's system requirements?
A. No.

Q. Do you also plan to release the DLC that is available on other platforms?
A. Yes we are planning to release all 3 DLC (Merciful Madness, Chicago Organ Grinder and XP Boost).

Q. Will the owners of the Necronomicon edition get the DLC for free?
A. Yes. There are certain store limitations but we believe we have found a way to grant the DLC to the owners of the Necronomicon edition. More on this later.

Q. Are you planning to sell this DLC (Chicago, MM and XP) separately?
A. Yes.

Q. Is this DLC going to work with the existing version of the game?
A. No.

Q. If I bought the DLC that is available now (Worshippers of the Necronomicon, Investigator Pack), will it work with the new version of the game?
A. Yes.

Q. I previously bought the game as a standalone build on Gamesplanet, will I be granted a Steam key as well for free?
A. We are looking into it - more on this later.

Q. Are you adding new store functionality with the new release?
A. Yeah, we are planning to add Trading cards and cloud saves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom