Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Game cancellations that made you personally butthurt

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Curious about Baldur's Gate: The Black Hound. Actually sad about this one.
Somewhat curious about Fallout van Buren.
Maybe curious about early version of Dragon Age... maybe? Eh... Not really.

And the original Franko 2.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Starfield 1997 10th Planet by Bethesda Softworks:

10th-planed-bethesda-mmegu.jpg
10th-planed-bethesda-26ine.jpg
10th-planed-bethesda-oaegh.jpg

10th-planed-bethesda-jqepk.jpg
10th-planed-bethesda-upeee.jpg
10th-planed-bethesda-aje8s.jpg

10th-planed-bethesda-cce43.jpg
10th-planed-bethesda-12eof.jpg

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Deus Ex 3: Insurrection
Deus Ex 2 was shit. What did you expect from 3?
Maybe I'm naive, but I think Ion Storm legitimately thought they were improving upon Deus Ex by streamlining some of the systems. It's crazy that they apparently understood their own game so poorly, but there you have it. I think if they paid attention to fan feedback from Invisible War ("Hey dumbass, inventory tetris actually served a purpose. Same with skills and lockpicks!") they could've course corrected. Nothing can fix console memory limitations though.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
179442-biosys-windows-front-cover.jpg
177428-biosys-windows-back-cover.jpg

Biosys isn't a well known game I think. Used the real world Biosphere 2 project as a seed idea. I liked it and spent a good deal of time just messing around with the environmental simulation of the biomes in this game as a kid, and before the ending credits they teased a sequel set on Mars. I was on the lookout for it for years before giving up.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ninja Destroyer Yeah. They Hunger was the best single-player Half-Life mod ever imo. I remember now it was supposed to get a sequel, wasn't it? Ah well, still good memories.

There are two alpha versions available to watch. Thanks to TH I've started playing all other mods released for Half Life.

Deus Ex 3: Insurrection
Deus Ex 2 was shit. What did you expect from 3?

Something closer to Thief: Deadly Shadows when it comes to the quality of the experience.

TC Jr

Scholar
I'd loved to have seen more from the K&L franchise but that's beyond dead.

The online - "Fragile Alliance" mode was a lot of fun too

roshan

Arcane

How come these images don't load for me? Are they uploaded on RPG Codex? Or linked to an external site?
You're on the internet since 2004 or even before that, and you can't right click to check a link? Are you for real?

I don't see any images or links. It loads a list of filenames instead, but the text can't be selected. When I right click it's like right clicking on blank space, just the usual browser right click menu options.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Hired Guns (2000)

God no.
Don't know how many time I've played HG on the Amiga, but the 2000 remake?
Turning a 4 view blobber into a 4 view real time game in unreal engine (just for the UT hype) was always a shit idea, thank god it was canned.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Hired Guns (2000)

God no.
Don't know how many time I've played HG on the Amiga, but the 2000 remake?
Turning a 4 view blobber into a 4 view real time game in unreal engine (just for the UT hype) was always a shit idea, thank god it was canned.
The original Hired Guns was real-time as well.

I wasn't sure the idea would translate well, but I played the game's development build, and it felt close to what Project Eden ended up being, even if it was a bit more combat-oriented.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Star Wars Battlefront 3

Star Wars: Rebel Galaxy

The GTA like game Ratbag was working on that no one knows about (I only know because friend of a friend of a friend etc) that would have predated GTA3 and been the first of its kind till Midway came along and fucked everything up. No screenshots because it never made it out of prototyping.

Omikron: The Nomad Soul 2: Exodus
Janpurhaut.webp

I would have preferred this over what Quantic Dream did instead. I don't mind the first game despite it has some really brain dead design (FPS sections for example).

Jazz Jackrabbit 3 - it probably would have sucked but I hate that Jazz has been dead for so long

Unreal Tournament 4 -
never forget what fortnite took from us

Necessary Evil - "
my near-future science fiction Deus Ex-with-the-serial-numbers-filed-off game" - Warren Spector - to be fair after seeing System Shock 3's state at the moment I'm not entirely sure I'd want it now lol but at the time I was a bit pissed it got cancelled.

Anachronox 2 - shame it never got made

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Previously mentioned:

# Crusader: No Mercy
# Fallout 3/Van Buren

Mine:

# Anachronox Prime. - The add-on/sequel that wrapped up the story.
# Space Quest 7 - On second thought, we are probably better off without it, it looked silly and Sierra was in a bad place at the time.
# Forge - The sequel to Loom, which was intended to be a trilogy.
# Worlds of Ultima 3: Arthurian Legends. - Was supposed to use the Ultima 7-engine.

I'm probably forgetting some more titles.

lightbane

Arcane
  1. Barkley 2. I want my 20€ and dreams back!
  2. Steambot Chronicles 2. A sandbox game meant for the PS3 with steampunk mecha, shame it got canned, the OG game for the PS2 was a pseudo-RPG with lots of promise, if wonky execution.
  3. Quake 5. I'm not sure if it ever was a thing, but I wanted to know what could have been done to continue the Strogg story, if anything at all. Is quake Heroes a thing nowadays?
  4. Any proper UNreal game, I would settle for an Unreal 4.
  5. Sin 2's remaining episodes, although I didn't play much of the second game.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
For the sake of fairness and accuracy, I'll remove from my original post:
- Games that technically weren't cancelled, as they never were greenlit in the first place.
- Games I was not aware of at the time of the cancellation.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Don't know if this thread was actually inspired by it, but Tim Cain recently made a video on Journey to the Center of Arcanum:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom