Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameBanshee Reviews Avadon 2: The Corruption

V_K

Arcane
Avadon is still much closer related to Geneforge than to Dragon Age. I'm speaking of all game mechanics and elements not only story.
No, it's not. Geneforge (the first one at least) had great exploration, some real freedom and a very nice trap disarming mechanics, not to mention a really original setting and story - all the things Avadon lacks. And in the way its narrative and levels are structured (some binary choices, lots of cutscenes, no open world) it is certainly a poor man's Dragon Age. Only worse - because DA had some nice level design in some parts (e.g. Fade) and Avadon is boring filler all the way.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Avadon is still much closer related to Geneforge than to Dragon Age. I'm speaking of all game mechanics and elements not only story.

Avadon is not related to geneforge in any way. Apart from some reused assets and code, lol. It's nothing but wishful thinking.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
HiddenX is a dumbfuck of J_C caliber. I don't know how anybody can take him seriously.

He posts on the 'Watch, nuff said

These "intelligent" Codex posts are te exact reason I post more on the Watch...

Avadon is not related to geneforge in any way. Apart from some reused assets and code, lol. It's nothing but wishful thinking.

Character building, Equipment managment, combat, potions are pretty equal I would say.

No, it's not. Geneforge (the first one at least) had great exploration, some real freedom and a very nice trap disarming mechanics, not to mention a really original setting and story - all the things Avadon lacks. And in the way its narrative and levels are structured (some binary choices, lots of cutscenes, no open world) it is certainly a poor man's Dragon Age. Only worse - because DA had some nice level design in some parts (e.g. Fade) and Avadon is boring filler all the way.

Exploration in Avadon 2 is fun, I have seen settings far worse - it's a matter of taste. Jeff wants to tell a dense story, so he has to cut the open world a bit.
I like the combat in Avadon -> play on the Hard level ! -> it will be challenging and interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom