Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gamer's Hell loves (to spoil) KotOR

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Volourn said:
Elwro, talking about not withdrawling, monsters in TOEE never run ever (then again, that goes for almost any game :roll: ).
Yeah, but I could point to Geneforge. Some of those hit'n'run ghosts were PITAs. And the monsters fled when damaged seriously.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Yeah, but I think he was saying that they never withdraw tactically. The monsters fleeing in Geneforge is simple scripting that alot of games do. Look at the Fallen in Diablo 2 for a good example. They don't flee when seriously wounded though. Only when one of their comrades dies on screen with them.

I really can't think of too many games period, not just RPGs, where the enemy AI actually did withdraw tactically. I've seen it in Throne Of Darkness, but it's really hard to appreciate that depth of AI in a game so frantic as that one. Maybe if they had made the game less Diabloesque and more RPG, then it would have stuck out more.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, if Tomi was given just the ability fo flee it would make him much smarter. No need to implement sophisticated tactical manouvers - simple "Run if close to death" would suffice. I wonder why BIO didn't think about fixing it in any of the patches. Am I the only one bothered by this issue?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom