Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you've genuinly enjoyed recently?

rohand

Cipher
Recently played: Daggerfall, Doom II, AMC TC (eduke32), Torment
Recently released: Dragonfall, Arkham Origins, Banner Saga. Tesla Effect

There are some others but now I realize I install a lot of stuff at the same time on my poor laptop

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I had some fun with FIFA 15 last month. Played some online games and advanced a couple of divisions. Also played it in co-op here and there.

I was going to write about games I have played on Steam, but I have 0,5 hours played in the past two weeks.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
The Witcher 3. I'd go as far as to say it is on par with Gothic 2: Night of the Raven as my favorite medieval-ish RPG. It's that good.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Monkey Island.
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective.
Exanima.

I immensely enjoyed playing the last remake of Avernum. I hadn't played this game since its early Exile days and, surprisingly, this game really grabbed me. Decent writing, good dungeons, some nice hard fights but where the game really excels is exploration. Vogel may be milking the same stuff for years, but what he does he does good.

Oh, cool, I thought the Avernum remakes were a dud. Glad I bought them. I'm shit with emulation so playing the Exile games would've proved to be quite a task for me.

Overboard

Arcane
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy for me. Put it off for a while, since I get bored of FPS very quickly, but it's less pewpewpew and more BOOMBOOMBOOM, with added mindfuckery.

Cassidy

Arcane
I enjoyed Dead State even in its broken release version. With the patches since then, I am confident to tell anyone in doubt between picking either it and MOBArs of Sawyerity the following: don't believe in the paid shills slowly selling out this site and running the Codex News and the Codex Steam Curator List, Dead State is better than the overrated and unfun mediocrity of PoE.

bloodlover

Arcane
HOMM3 but Hot Seat with a buddy. Playing all night an XL 8players map is still fun as hell even after countless maps and nights spent the same way.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm having a good time with Card Dungeon.

Glad you mentioned that, I had been meaning to pick that up (and it's 10% off right now).

Bought it, and lasted 19 minutes. I couldn't find any weapon cards (both of mine were destroyed). All I could find were healing cards. :RAGE:

Interesting game, I like it.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ah! Protip, as weird as it sounds, you should NOT pick up loot the moment it drops, especially if you have a full set of cards in good condition. Leave them in place, run to grab 'em if the need arises.

Also use the hotkeys that they implemented, makes stuff move generally faster.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I bought Cities Skylines recently. Great game, nothing else to add if you're even remotely interested in city builders.
A recent patch allowed for the construction of tunnels: an ocean of possibility blew my mind, mistakes were made and ideas were tested with varying degrees of success.
I regret nothing!

Also Dominions 4. Having a blast! The only game I know capable of being totally unpredictable even for veterans, with a massive number of intricate spells and interesting units to field. Just great!

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Technobabylon

Witcher 3 (but I've the playthrough on hold till they patch the patch that was supposed to patch the xp bug)

King's Bounty: Darkside

paintinggrey

Scholar
Putting all of the game's problems aside, surprisingly I enjoyed Dead State. Clocked around 100 hours on it and its pretty fun looting shit.

nomask7

Arcane
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls II
ADOM (ASCII-version FTW!)
Arx Fatalis (Arx Libertatis)

Thank God for the Souls series...

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Tried out the Road Redemption early access this weekend. It's still pretty rough and it doesn't have all the features I would from a Road Rash successor, but damn if they didn't nail the feel of RR's gameplay and even improve on it in some ways.

If you don't have a back copy I'd recommend waiting for the full release though.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Agar.io at work.
Witcher 3, Heroes of the Storm, Telepath Tactics, Outlaws and Killing Floor 2 at home.

Edito:
Twitcher 3: AAA+ RPG done right, had fun for 110 hours.
HotS: Can't handle Dota2 s long game times any more? NP Blizzard is always there to streamline.
Telepath Tactics: Brutal little game. Brutal becasuse of mostly bugs though :/
Outlaws: MARSHALL!!!!!1!!!
Killing Floor 2: Mindless Fun, 50-60 player maps was fun while they lasted :D

Catfish

Learned
I've had a blast with Evil Genius recently. Also, I found the perfect way to go about it:

1) Do not rush to the ending - take your time.
2) Do not, under any circumstances, go to wikis for help. Rather, go into it completely blind and fail miserably a couple of times before getting good at it.
3) Resist the urge to strive for 100% efficiency. Solving crises caused by agents getting through your defenses and raging at the stupidity of your minions pissed me off at first, but then I realized that I felt like a criminal mastermind surrounded by incompetent idiots. Priceless :)
4) and most importantly - since the game involves a lot of waiting - grab a laptop or tablet and fire up your favorite bond movie to play in the background. I ended up binge-watching almost all of them over the course of the playthrough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom