Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameShark sees nothing wrong with LoA

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna

<a href=http://www.gameshark.com>GameShark</a> <a href=http://www.gameshark.com/pcgaming/articles/448286p1.html>reviewed</a> <a href=http://www.microsoft.com/games/dungeonsiegeloa/default.asp>Legends of Aranna</a> giving it <b>8 out of 10</b>. It’s interesting to note that while they have ratings for graphics, sound, and fresh factor, the most important thing, gameplay, is not on the list. That certainly explains the high rating.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>LoA is a good buy for hardcore Dungeon Siege fans because <u>it adds a lot of little gameplay tweaks that make the game easier to play</u>. A few examples of this include improved control groups, localized attacks (targets the closest monster or treasure containers), multiplayer save function, overhead map, off-screen attack warnings (warns you if someone off screen is being attacked), group awareness (characters not ordered to "hold ground" will now rush to the aid of other characters under attack), transformation spells (shapeshifting), unsummon and untransform function, orb spells (creates special magics that circle your character), Glyph magic (a variety of magical traps that you can set on the ground for unsuspecting enemies) a redistribute potions button (which shares potions across the group evenly), imbued items and treasure sets, backpacks (to increase the amount of loot you can carry), and a special "sell all" button. Of course, there's the new areas to explore, new monsters and a new nine-foot half-giant character that can join your party to close the deal. </blockquote>
<br>
Yeah, that’s exactly what needed to be fixed: the original gameplay was way too complicated
<br>
<br>
<A HREF="http://www.gengamers.com">GenGamers</A>

Vault Dweller

Developer
and I don't want them to be original either. Who has time these days to figure out something new and the mysterious ways it works? I want something that other games have already done like imbued items, treasure sets, and Glyph magic. As long as they are called differently to show you the creativity of the development team, I have absolutely no problems with that.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exactly! And what's up with those long titles anyway? Legends of Aranna? Damn, i'll be asleep by the time i reach half of it!! Why not just call it "Sleepy+" or somesuch?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Why differentiate one game from another? What's wrong with "a game"? What are you playing? A game. Does it have item sets? You betcha. Does it have loot? Tons. I got this cool new game that plays exactly like the one I played before only it has green potions instead of blue ones. Wicked! How do they come up with this stuff?

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Any game I spend more than $10 on better have LOTS of crates to smash, or I might get pretty pissed. You can never get enough crate smashing in your life. ;)

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
^Better yet, a way to target nearby crates! Wonderful! I don't care about directing my characters over to crates, let them do it themselves!

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Role-Player said:
^Better yet, a way to target nearby crates! Wonderful! I don't care about directing my characters over to crates, let them do it themselves!

My cat agrees. That way she could play the game as well and get some enjoyment out of it. :)

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Are you sure you want to bother your cat for that? I mean, it might be too much for it... isn't there something that can look at it for the poor cat? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom