Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

General RPG discounts/sales thread

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Orobis The EE comes with the original version on GOG for scrubs like me who don't own them.
No deal. Original boxset only or bust.

baldurs%20gate%20tales%20of%20the%20sword%20coast%20big%20box%20pc.JPG

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
The difference for me is paying $25-$50 for the box set, or $8 for the GOG version. While I would like a disc, it's not worth it.

Atchodas

Augur
So i was interested what crpgs you think are worth buying on summer sale ? What have you bought? What are you planing to buy ? Which ones are not worth it ?
I picked up Age of Decadence for 50% off and Balrum for 8.99€
Anyway this sale seems realy weak , also as someone who uses steam very rarely i found it annoying and actually hard to explore the sale deals , and i cant even select CRPG as genre anywhere which makes it even worse .

What is your experience ?

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Didn't buy any but everyone should get underrail and AoD for 30% and 50% off, respectively.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I hate these summer sales. They make me feel like I have to buy something but everything interesting either already in my collection or doesn't have big enough discount. I guess I would find something if looked long enough but wading through hundreds of pages is disheartening.

Atchodas

Augur
Yeh , im sure there are more games i would like to buy but going trough 8k offers when most of them are 50cent crap is just hell

Luka-boy

Arcane
I'm considering buying Lords of Xulima, but I'm currently playing Shadowrun Hong Kong and have Wasteland 2 and a couple of Legends of Eisenwald scenarios in my backlog, so I don't know if I'll even play it before Christmas.

What a time to be alive.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I wanted to buy Bedlam, but then I thought that I don't have time to play it anyway. Same goes for other games.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought The Dwarf Run. Haven't played it yet but it looks promising and it was 3,14€.

Browarr

Novice
Considering getting UnderRail, but I'll get it on GOG (even if it's not on sale, 15 euros won't kill me).

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyway this sale seems realy weak , also as someone who uses steam very rarely i found it annoying and actually hard to explore the sale deals , and i cant even select CRPG as genre anywhere which makes it even worse .

What is your experience ?

My experience is that this summer GOG sale was so much better it's not even funny. I picked JA2, Neo Scavenger, Serpent in the Staglands, and SSI forgotten realms collection from GOG sale and got Gabriel Knight 1 and spelunky as bonus. All this with less than 20 EUR.

Now instead on Steam sale, there is very few items that either I am interested in or do not already have.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Thinking about buying battle brothers. But fuck me i have way too many games already.

You should definitely do it. Battle brothers is gonna be a hell of a game and it's already pretty good in its current state.

Yeah man i know, but as i said there are just too many games in my backlog. Also Battle Brothers sounds so intriguing game mechanics and codex reception wise that i really dont mind supporting the devs a bit more by paying full price when my body is ready.

And if i wait a bit more, i will have the definite and most polished game experience going in as virgin.

mitochondritom

Educated
I bought Serpent in the Staglands for £9 which seems like a good deal until Brexit and the tumbling value of sterling :lol:. There are so many great looking RPGs in my backlog though I just can't sort out an order to play them all in, its crazy how many good games are getting released at the moment.

Soulcucker

Savant
UnderRail
Dwarf Run

Opinions on Planet Alcatraz 1 & 2 and Hard to Be a God?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom