Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Getting Ready for LP:Blood Bowl

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Ok miscreants, I'm gonna try my hand at this Let's Play thing with Blood Bowl.

I will make the team tonight when I get home from work, but for now, here are the questions you can vote on:

I don't feel like playing real time for this, so here are the choices: Blitz Turn Based versus Traditional Turn Based.

As nears as I can tell, the difference between those two is Aging and Equipment in Blitz versus no aging, no equipment in Traditional.

As far as teams go, I'm really leaning towards Humans, but I could be convinced to do another.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Captain Rufus said:
Traditional.

And play Dwarves. Fat, drunk, and angry.

Remember, the traditional turn based as opposed to the blitz turn based has no equipment for the player and they don't age. You also don't get the sponsors or the sort of traveling arena to different arenas.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Sounds like blitz offers the most gameplay options so go for that, I want to see the kind of stuff the game has to offer.

But yeah, definitely go with the dwarves. :)

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Blitz. Looks like it will be more fun and more will provide more gameplay variety without crippling the core of the game. Also, if I recall correctly, you said in another thread that ageing = more deaths on the field. :twisted:

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Blood_Bowl_Ork_01_by_Blaquesmith.jpg

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Well I've decided to make a human team first. The humans can do everything fairly. They have no real strengths and no real weaknesses. Also, I can identify with humans... mostly.

Because I am unimaginative cuss, the team name will be The Codexians. Our motto is "OH GOD ITS HEVAEN!"

I'm taking screenshots right now as I make the team. I suppose I should just start a real thread without all this buildup garbage.

I need names for team members and positions.

I'm gonna be the team captain (Thrower)
kingcomrade is the ogre.
vault dweller is a blitzer
darth roxor is a blitzer
fat dragon is a catcher
rabidredneck is a catcher

now I need linemen.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
kingcomrade said:
I would tell you, but you didn't pick orks

Look, fine I will pick what ever team you guys want... I just have only played humans so far and I don't really know a lot about the other teams.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Go with blitz, imo. I want to see the phat lewt and char death.

I would also like to volunteer for the line. Preferably with dirty player trait.

Also, red goes fastah. (That was an ork vote)

I cannot talk more than one line at a time due to current fatigue conditions

i think most people use photobucket for LP threads because you can upload whole folders and such, if im not mistaken.

* Upload options: from file, from URL, by email or mobile
* Max. file size: free accounts users limited to 1MB file size and max. resoltion of 1024 x 768
* unrestricted multiple image upload
* mass image resizing upon upload
* 10 GB monthly bandwidth limit and 1GB storage limit
* group images into albums, share albums and create slideshows

Sigh. Everyone wants to waagh and whatnot.

Gimme a lineman named Hooked Pete.

He is my 40K Ork Warboss. He rides a Cyboar and thinks he is a pirate. He even dresses the part.

Redlands

Arcane
Also, it should be "OH GOD IT'S HEAVAN!"

Though what about the "OH GOD ITZ HEAVAN!" variant?

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Still no votes for Skaven?! WTF, Codex? Regardless, I'd like to be on the team, Anthony. I don't know the rules of American football, so I'm fine with any position.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Hümmelgümpf said:
Still no votes for Skaven?! WTF, Codex? Regardless, I'd like to be on the team, Anthony. I don't know the rules of American football, so I'm fine with any position.

I'll add you to the roster once I win a game and get some more funds.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Man, I'm trying to get the hang of this.

In addition to the computer AI cheating, there is a time limit to each turn. Pressing the screen grab button hangs the game and costs me precious seconds. I also end up pressing screen grab during the computer's turn and then everything gets a bit wonky.

But man, does this computer get some suspiciously good rolls right when he needs them. I found out how to watch the log, and I am rolling consistently 2's and 3's, and he is rolling 5's and 6's. He doesn't even need to use his re-rolls.

Not that is matters, this game is more for figuring how how and when to screengrab.

Vortexx

Novice
Put me on the team!!!1!11!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom