Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gods & Heroes

cutterjohn

Cipher
OOC does anyone here have a beta account for Gods & Heroes?
http://www.godsandheroes.com/

From what I gather it's supposedly set in classical Rome, at what would seem to be the mid to late republic time frame.

Your usual basic classes: gladiator, soldier, thief, priests, and wizardly types.

Priests appear to be your basic channel divine power types.

The Mystics and Sages though as wizardly types appear to be a little different as the info blurbs mention mystics can mix potions, and sage write scrolls, presumably giving some magical effect when used.

Architecture looks mostly in period compelte with painted buildings, although they appear to have shied away from painting the sculptures, and a few bridges were entirely lacking in arches. (An anachronism for classical Rome...)

Also found a post in their forums with what I think was a dev enquiring about traditional Roman weapons from the time, and specifically asking after crossbows... (No they didn't have them.)

Game play premise looks to be "protecting" Rome from various barbarians and mythological creatures(ala Titan Quests, or so I gather) as an excuse for various fantastical downright fantasy as well as mythologic creatures. (They seem to have a fairly hazy grasp of history and mythology...)

Still, looks interesting enough to me that I'm trying to weasel myself a beta account. Using the "persona" Gaius_Julius in the forums, but I'll likely be changing it to Sextus Iulius Frontinus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom