Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'm only ironically telling people I'm a fag! I'm actually an edgy kid!
You apparently never read my codex blog. Maybe to Centenarians I'm a punk being 1/2 the minimal age so that could be. As to Undertale, I never played it but did know it had skulls in it. I settled on this one. The liches, and others are pretty meh. I'm too cheap to get a custom avatar if that is even allowed via codex subscription. People presume much on avatars alone.

And as to GoG-Chan; well, I'll post more since it annoys you so much.

Are people of this era really concerned about people of the future playing games, reading works, watching this and that? I know I don't give a fuck when I am DEAD & GONE! Who gives a shit about you or your little gene pool of brats and great great grand brats. I don't and 99.999% of the planet does NOT GIVE A RUSTY RUT FUCK about any particular individual either.

Preservation is generally more selfish imho. FOR SELF TO ENJOY. Oh we like it when others preserve and we'll hoard it and archive it and copy it and share it like a virus, but beyond that the generations after us is a big DUN CARE BRO!

Dead is dead
Nothing more to be said.

..........and GOG-CHAN loves you even if you hate her.

Hell Swarm

Educated
This is a non-issue as emulation can be layered if there is no better option. So anything that can emulate today's systems gets whatever emulation we have today for free.
Sooner or later you break something emulating an emulator. And by that point all the knowledge is already lost.
People presume much on avatars alone.
The rest of your post says you're an annoying faggot so Undertale fits you like a glove. Keep rocking the tranny skull bro!

quaesta

Educated
I see this asshole is trying to be annoying. USB blurays exist fuck face. Maybe you should stop being a pussy bitch you dickless NEWBIE retard.
And? We're starting to see USB plugs disappear as well. Or rather they becoming C type to C type connectors instead of the large block you insert. It's a fool's game to try and store data long term. It makes so many assumptions that are very unlikely to be true.
Ah you mean 100+ year preservation, not just archiving stuff you own. It's a serious problem for games but people port doom to cars. I reckon that even Chinese whispers would be enough to port emulators onto newer machines, as long as enough people want for it. That's just speculation, and for the future I don't know. I know I'm doing my best to keep MY slice of gaming alive for my lifetime at least, so maybe me and others will come up with a good answer 20+ years down the road.
psh.... Ok. I believe the burying was in jest but whatever And ya'll can stop being bitches and crapping on my avatar. It's the best skull out there; you pathetic pansy fucktards.
The BEST skull? I don't know...
25.png

d1p030.png

DoWI60.png

6.png

HPL077Nc.png

Hell Swarm

Educated
You can use an adapter, use old hardware to access data, or dozens of other cases. You can get a disk reader for 40 bucks and play blue rays, some even have USB-C functionality.
In the current year you can. How long will they be made or survive? Look at CRT production and repair now.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The only faggot is you since you bring it up all the time. Its funny you attack me for just mentioning GOG-CHAN. You get all fucking butt-hurt about it. I don't recall initially attacking you at all on anything yet you try to impress the codex with your bitching like the cunt you are. But, hey, if you want a real fucking ripping come to my home town so I can personally end your miserable life you pathetic bitch. Don't worry, I dig nice deep pits so you can Rest in Peace. Maybe I'll toss a dozen dead rats to keep your soul company. Maybe some living ones, I don't give a shit and you won't either since you'll be a corpse. I consider you vermin and your execution would be just and fair just like fucking rodents being exterminated. Now go fuck a light socket in the shower you fucking puke stain.

Now, fucknut above aside, I was reading over the Robocop review and further games people were suggesting. Initially I wondered about Evil Dead. I had not realized Evil Dead had been out but NOT on GOG. Sad shit imho considering the age.

Obviously STEAM has it and EPIC along with the console crowd.

Certain Physical Editions are long sold out and main EVIL DEAD site seems to only offer STEAM or EPIC.

Speaking of STEAM; it seems they have a STEAM-CHAN for the Spring Sale. Competition she is it seems.

The only faggot is you since you bring it up all the time. Its funny you attack me for just mentioning GOG-CHAN. You get all fucking butt-hurt about it. I don't recall initially attacking you at all on anything yet you try to impress the codex with your bitching like the cunt you are. But, hey, if you want a real fucking ripping come to my home town so I can personally end your miserable life you pathetic bitch. Don't worry, I dig nice deep pits so you can Rest in Peace. Maybe I'll toss a dozen dead rats to keep your soul company. Maybe some living ones, I don't give a shit and you won't either since you'll be a corpse. I consider you vermin and your execution would be just and fair just like fucking rodents being exterminated. Now go fuck a light socket in the shower you fucking puke stain.

Now, fucknut above aside, I was reading over the Robocop review and further games people were suggesting. Initially I wondered about Evil Dead. I had not realized Evil Dead had been out but NOT on GOG. Sad shit imho considering the age.

Obviously STEAM has it and EPIC along with the console crowd.

Certain Physical Editions are long sold out and main EVIL DEAD site seems to only offer STEAM or EPIC.

Speaking of STEAM; it seems they have a STEAM-CHAN for the Spring Sale. Competition she is it seems.
I wonder if anyone has called out how the steam girl looks a bit like Mitsuri from Demon Slayer.

5265219.jpg

DEMON-SLAYER-FIGURINE-MITSURI-KANROJI-VOL.34-KIMETSU-NO-YAIBA-JAPANDCO-3.jpg

Hell Swarm

Educated
Its funny you attack me for just mentioning GOG-CHAN. You get all fucking butt-hurt about it. I don't recall initially attacking you at all on anything yet you try to impress the codex with your bitching like the cunt you are.
You're attacking the forum with your constant desires to annoy people by posting your fetish material in our faces. We've all seen the state of websites like 4chan because of people like you and you think being more annoying and obnoxious about it is going to help your cause some how?

Is legends of Grimrock 2 worth picking up? I liked the first but didn't get too far into it. Cheapest on GOG right now.

LMAO AT THAT PRICE
£70 on key shops
£15 on Gog
£2 for a console version on ebay

Why? It isn't anything special.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
What happened? All I know is that it needs Ubisoft's client running like EA games.
there was a gate, you could get past it after solving specific quest. Actual code relied at a time to ping some ubisoft server. Ubisoft killed server in question. As result legal copies of the game could no longer progress past starter area

What happened? All I know is that it needs Ubisoft's client running like EA games.
there was a gate, you could get past it after solving specific quest. Actual code relied at a time to ping some ubisoft server. Ubisoft killed server in question. As result legal copies of the game could no longer progress past starter area
lol what a shitfest. did they patch it out?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
lol what a shitfest. did they patch it out?
No, why would they? It's not the only time they disabled their older games due to server issues, they never create offline patches, and gullible people still buy their products.
https://www.gamesradar.com/players-...ncluding-splinter-cell-and-assassins-creed-2/

PaquoCastor

Novice
Is legends of Grimrock 2 worth picking up? I liked the first but didn't get too far into it. Cheapest on GOG right now.
It's better than the first and has rats. Unless you hate moving during combat.

Actually, MMX was patched. Which is odd, since niche game.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Funny people bitch at prices. If you look at EVERY computer/console and game and when and where they came out you will find some damn horrible prices for shit we thought were golden but are now considered garbage ware by the masses. There are also sone golden times and sales for many devices and games. It would be a damn fascinating graph or spreadsheet looking at these.

Atm, we're living in fucking mega abundance of hardware and software (new to old to remastered/re-modded and upgraded). Be you buy it from the many digital stores, pirate it from hidden archives, or purchase old physical from ebay to pawn shops to garage/estate sale; there is a massive abundance to suite your tastes.

Some shit never goes on sale (cough cough Terminator Resistance) or maybe we need to wait longer.

Now, when the games are pushing the hardware limits and forcing gamers to upgrade, I see that old damn song and dance back into full swing. I really am surprised about what it takes to run Robocop and I bet there are games that require even higher specs to run smoothly.

But really, go through the catalog of prices from the 1970s onward and look at what was offered for said prices. Maybe there's a pattern on when shit dips to be snatched.

Funny people bitch at prices. If you look at EVERY computer/console and game and when and where they came out you will find some damn horrible prices for shit we thought were golden but are now considered garbage ware by the masses. There are also sone golden times and sales for many devices and games. It would be a damn fascinating graph or spreadsheet looking at these.

Atm, we're living in fucking mega abundance of hardware and software (new to old to remastered/re-modded and upgraded). Be you buy it from the many digital stores, pirate it from hidden archives, or purchase old physical from ebay to pawn shops to garage/estate sale; there is a massive abundance to suite your tastes.

Some shit never goes on sale (cough cough Terminator Resistance) or maybe we need to wait longer.

Now, when the games are pushing the hardware limits and forcing gamers to upgrade, I see that old damn song and dance back into full swing. I really am surprised about what it takes to run Robocop and I bet there are games that require even higher specs to run smoothly.

But really, go through the catalog of prices from the 1970s onward and look at what was offered for said prices. Maybe there's a pattern on when shit dips to be snatched.
The key difference here is that the prices you see in magazines and catalogues were the ones offered by big store chains, so yeah, every SNES cart was 50 bucks brand new, but you had options, like a mom and pop store where they'd sell the same game, even brand new, for significantly less. Or you could go to a game trade event. I did that a lot and played many games even if I only had 3 carts at any given time. You could also reliably shop at second hand stores. You cannot do that anymore.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
BTW GOG spring sale has started although it's not that obvious on their main page since most of the real estate is taken up by the re-release of Alpha Brotocol

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You cannot do that anymore.

With digital no (unless there is something I'm missing besides pirating); with old physical ..maybe. People still swap, trade, hunt at various enthusiast stores, good will, garage sales, events, etc. The prices are getting jacked way up now because it seems everyone wants to become a collector.

My brother in law scoffed that digital would replace physical. I knew it'd happen. I'd say most physical now is just for collectors. I honestly never understood why anyone would get rid of their collection unless they needed cash or space. I always hear regret stories of "why did I get rid of xyz? WHY!?"

quaesta

Educated
Book of demons is currently free.

I was slightly skeptical from the description, tired of the "card" game genre, but an action dungeon crawler? Ok. Figured I'd gamble the $20 on it. Very glad I did. The art style is interesting, a nice isometric paper cut style. Your cards determine everything from abilities to gear. Slots allow you to use more, if you can afford the costs. The strategy is figuring out what is the best hand to use for a given situation. Ice based boss? Deal in that flaming axe. Dealing with poison? Shuffle out a remedy. But do it quick because the monsters aren't waiting! There are upgrades to buy, gossip to be told, and beastiary to consult. Overall, a very good game. Pay attention to the tutorial (lol fuck that noise), it has a lot of useful tips. I look forward to playing this game for many many hours. If you're a fan of Read more
Usually I hate card games, but the first review says he hates them too but the game is good, I'll look into it.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Book of demons is currently free.

I was slightly skeptical from the description, tired of the "card" game genre, but an action dungeon crawler? Ok. Figured I'd gamble the $20 on it. Very glad I did. The art style is interesting, a nice isometric paper cut style. Your cards determine everything from abilities to gear. Slots allow you to use more, if you can afford the costs. The strategy is figuring out what is the best hand to use for a given situation. Ice based boss? Deal in that flaming axe. Dealing with poison? Shuffle out a remedy. But do it quick because the monsters aren't waiting! There are upgrades to buy, gossip to be told, and beastiary to consult. Overall, a very good game. Pay attention to the tutorial (lol fuck that noise), it has a lot of useful tips. I look forward to playing this game for many many hours. If you're a fan of Read more
Usually I hate card games, but the first review says he hates them too but the game is good, I'll look into it.
How do you "Look into it"? It's free. Grab it and play a little bit.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
gog-games guy sounds like a real twat

Dear visitor, GOG-Games.to is now private/invite only.

How do I join?

If you are someone who understands how much time, effort and money goes into archiving the GOG.com game catalog to preserve it, and can make contributions to this endeavor, please reach out the next time we are OPEN. You may be wondering when that will be? We don't know. Could be never. We may post on this Mastodon account or update the notice below if we ever are.

We are currently: CLOSED

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom