Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Going back to PnP - suggestions?

Destroid

Arcane
Play scifi instead.:
Uq1yOp9.jpg

As an aside, Dune is one of the greatest boardgames ever created.

hello friend

Arcane
What do you mean by "easily broken"?
Sky's the limit but one I enjoy is making a Samsaran Juju Oracle necromancer-type guy. Make sure to grab Enervation early on through Mystic Past Life to get Juju Zombies 6 levels earlier. Raise Fast Zombies/Plague Zombies until you get the juju kind. Also get Desecrate. Fun fun fun but not really fair to the rest of the party, you become too powerful.

Edit: Got my facts straight.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
If Basic Fantasy RPG doesn't quite fit the bill you could also check this list of D&D OSR retro-clones which gives you a ton of options (many of them have free versions) : http://taxidermicowlbear.weebly.com/dd-retroclones.html

A lot of breadth, but the depth is kiddy-pool level. Those summaries don't do a lot of the systems justice. There's no way to compare, in context, how one system in a sub-genre compares to another.

Alchemist

Arcane
If Basic Fantasy RPG doesn't quite fit the bill you could also check this list of D&D OSR retro-clones which gives you a ton of options (many of them have free versions) : http://taxidermicowlbear.weebly.com/dd-retroclones.html

A lot of breadth, but the depth is kiddy-pool level. Those summaries don't do a lot of the systems justice. There's no way to compare, in context, how one system in a sub-genre compares to another.
Of course, I don't think the list is meant to be a detailed analysis or review - just a starting point to see what's out there. It functions well for its intent - to list just about every D&D-based OSR RPG that exists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom