Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Golden Sun DS Announced!!!!!

larpingdude18

Educated
gameplay video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm3-RRgXtnI

:cry: :D
faint.gif

Andhaira

Arcane
I remember playing Golden Sun 2 on my newly bought GBA. Honestly, while the graphics and summons were spectacular, over all I foudn the game to be lacking. I think it was because each of your main characters had special abiiltiez, it would be better if some were regular warriors.

Golden Sun made me almost hate dialogue. Luckily in most PC games you can just click-click-click it fast-forward, but Golden Sun (and probably other JRPG's, too), 15 minutes of

BLAH BLAH BLAH THIS IS FUCKING IMPORTANT AND UNSKIPPABLE

Then you finally gain control of your team again, but likely only for a short while. Then it's more BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. It's not even some important information or anything, but constructed like some casual conversation where words come out but nobody says anything.

Luzur

Good Sir
Admiral jimbob said:
I did like these games as a kid. They had a real simplistic charm to them, the class/Djinni mixing stuff was reasonably deep, and some of the summon effects were amazing for the GBA.

as a kid? i thought you where old. :?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Meh. I beat the first one and quit partway in the second. They were pretty boring. Standard JRPG affair.

The only memorable bit I remember happened in the beginning of the first one. Someone would ask you if you wanted to save the world. If you said no, they'd ask "Are you sure?" And if you said yes, the game would end. :lol:

deuxhero

Arcane
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
Golden Sun made me almost hate dialogue. Luckily in most PC games you can just click-click-click it fast-forward, but Golden Sun (and probably other JRPG's, too), 15 minutes of

BLAH BLAH BLAH THIS IS FUCKING IMPORTANT AND UNSKIPPABLE

Then you finally gain control of your team again, but likely only for a short while. Then it's more BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. It's not even some important information or anything, but constructed like some casual conversation where words come out but nobody says anything.

The second game includes an auto advance function, not quite skiping, but quite handy.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hated the original games. Most bland, generic, and overall boring JRPGs I've ever attempted in my life -- and that's saying a lot for that genre. The amount of love these games get has always completely baffled me. For most games/series I hate, I can at least see the appeal, if not understand it, but not so for these ones.

Talonfire

Scholar
Not very interested, I forced myself through the first one and gave up on the second after twenty minutes. They were really bland games, and I can't imagine this one ending up being any different.

obediah

Erudite
Count me as part of the "Golden Sun is as bland as it gets" camp. Drakensang was more interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom