Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Got some questions about Jagged Alliance 2 before I start it

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Of course JA2 is an RPG. It's only because the combat system is so good, people call it a tactical strategy game, otherwise there would be no question.

zeitgeist said:
Excidium said:
Because it has a half-decent combat system, of course.

Ah I see zeitgeist, smart as ever, has already pointed that out :salute:

Severian Silk

I would recommend NOT playing with 1.13 the first time. It's feature overload for a newbie. Plus vanilla is better balanced for beginners IMO. He'll quit when he gets the Drassen counterattack otherwise.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
You can disable the counterattack while keeping 1.13.

Never played the game without that patch.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Severian Silk said:
I would recommend NOT playing with 1.13 the first time. It's feature overload for a newbie. Plus vanilla is better balanced for beginners IMO. He'll quit when he gets the Drassen counterattack otherwise.
I cannot play it without 1.13, it crashes and saves get corrupted 80% of the time.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I await screenshots of your journey within JA2 there DragoFireheart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom