Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 2 discussion/questions/tips

exe

Augur
Any other good G2 total conversions (with at least English subtitles) aside from Velaya and Archolos?

I'm aware of Asshun and Odyssey, but haven't played them. What's the Codex' consensus on those?

Not interested in Overhaul-type mods like L'hiver or Returning.
Ahssun is really great, but I don't know if it has an englich version. The best TC I played.
Odyssey is a monster mod, easily 150-200h or more. Things get quite ridiculous stat wise, I think I had 700dex and 500str at the end. You start out with smaller islands, then go to Khorinis, then the desert on the continent, then Myrtana itself. You can reconquer many places from Orc occupation, but you don't always have too. It just giant, later on the maps keep getting bigger and bigger, but most of the time they are still worth exploring. Might be too much and too long for some people, but you can also just quit when you have enough.
Liberating Khorinis was really fun, since it was optional and you're still quite weak at that time (or rather the Orc are way stronger than vanilla Orcs). I played it a couple years ago, I think there were some updates since then.
One drawback is no runemagic, just scrolls. And because enemies keep getting stronger, scrolls get ever more useless. So just melee/ranged, you can basicly forget magic.

BruceVC

Magister
I have started playing G2 as my next game, I played it once about 12-13 years ago but I raged quit because I decided to be a Fire Mage and I couldn't defeat most of the dragons

This time I am going to be a Paladin. Im 9 hours in and Im having a great time. I love how scarce resources like gold are and how difficult certain combat and enemies are.." just say NO to level scaling always "

Im only on level 3 and everything is a challenge but the risk vs reward of exploration is always a worthwhile aspect of PB games

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom