Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gothic 3 trashed at Rewired Mind - 2/10

denizsi

Arcane
Dammit, I've missed a new drama unfold..

edit: Aye.

Wouldn't it be nice to force-tag or force-sign a link on the dumbfucked, to the thread which leaded to his or her dumbfucking, especially in cases like this?

GrudgeHolder

Novice
I'll go with the ayes...
... and I'd even suggest that the "dumbfuck!" tag should be changed to "dabomberman" to honor the man. If he doesn't deserve it, who does?

VenomByte

Scholar
Ratty said:
Except the Oblivion toolset isn't all that powerful and is in fact inferior to the Morrowind one.

Except most competent modders left the scene once they saw what a piece of shit the game was, and their place was taken by retards who devote their time and dubious skill to putting lightsabers and Halo weapons in the game.

Except those few competent modders who remain are too busy fixing Bethesda's idiocy (level scaling, for example) to be working on anything new.

Best description of the Oblivion modding scene I've seen yet.

It's never really going to compare to what there was for Morrowind - the tools are simply incapable of it, and most of the best modders have long since abandoned it.

sheek

Arbiter
Quit sucking VD's cock you stupid faggots. Bomberman made some good points, contributing more than most people attacking him. He doesn't deserve the label just for disagreeing. This thread makes ESF look good... :roll:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
sheek said:
Quit sucking VD's cock you stupid faggots.
Applying for a new title, sheek?

Bomberman made some good points, contributing more than most people attacking him.
What points are those? Be a doll and post them.

He doesn't deserve the label just for disagreeing.
Nobody does. He does deserve it for being stupid and his stupidity has been thoroughly explained.

This thread makes ESF look good... :roll:
So, why won't you go there then?

sheek

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
sheek said:

Ooh... threats. :)

Bomberman made some good points, contributing more than most people attacking him.

Sure.

Basically about how it should not be tolerable for games to be released full of bugs, and in addition that this drives expectations and quality down in a vicious circle for the whole industry.

[For some games that's OK, eg Arcanum and Fallout, because they are so complex. For a relatively simple Action-RPG I don't think there's any excuse]

I think that's true and I know it is something many people have complained about in other games... but somehow because it's Gothic 3 what was bad in other games is not so bad. Maybe Gothic 3 is a great game (I haven't played it - might in a month or two), fact is any company that sells a product unfinished and unoptimized should get major points taken off. It suggests contempt of consumers and it's just not professional.

He doesn't deserve the label just for disagreeing.
Nobody does. He does deserve it for being stupid and his stupidity has been thoroughly explained.

I don't think he has been stupid. His first post was pretty bad, lacked content and his writing is not great (but english is not his native language). Initially I had a bad impression, however since then I think he has backed up his views and especially impressed me in fighting off the lynch gang of retards that piled on to him.

This thread makes ESF look good... :roll:
So, why won't you go there then?

Because I dislike TES game ever made? Lol

Vault Dweller

Developer
sheek said:
Vault Dweller said:
sheek said:

Ooh... threats. :)
No, just a question.

Sure.

Basically...
Can we do it without "basically", because anything that starts with it may or may not have anything to do with the actual events and statements.

Anyway, let's go for now with your free interpretation of what's been said.

... about how it should not be tolerable for games to be released full of bugs, and in addition that this drives expectations and quality down in a vicious circle for the whole industry.
Any software has bugs and issues. It is impossible to test a product using a trackload of different combinations of hardware/software that could be found on different computers. That's why console games are less buggy - less random, practically unpredictable factors. That's why Gothic 3 runs flawlessly - literally flawlessly - on my computer, but runs like shit with a different hardware/software setup.

...fact is any company that sells a product unfinished and unoptimized should get major points taken off. It suggests contempt of consumers and it's just not professional.
Was Obsidian unprofessional because KOTOR 2 didn't have the ending? No, because it wasn't their decision to rush the game and ship it a few months before the schedule. The G3 development team was also rushed, and as you know they kept working and managed to replace the master disk and have the first patch ready, and two more patches have already been released.

Oblivion was also buggy and unplayable (the white screen) on many computers, yet nobody deducted any points for it, judging by the reviews. Same goes for KOTOR.

Initially I had a bad impression, however since then I think he has backed up his views and especially impressed me in fighting off the lynch gang of retards that piled on to him.
Fighting people off by disregarding their points, while impressing them with System Shock 2 development stories, is not a big achievement. Claiming all that nonsense about how things work and developers buying IPs back after the first game was pretty stupid though.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"He does deserve it for being stupid and his stupidity has been thoroughly explained."

LOL You deserve to be a NMA Mod. R00fles! :D

Lumpy

Arcane
Give them a break. After all, they are the fansite of a DEAD game.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
sheek said:
Quit sucking VD's cock you stupid faggots. Bomberman made some good points, contributing more than most people attacking him. He doesn't deserve the label just for disagreeing. This thread makes ESF look good... :roll:
Yes and no. Saying we shouldn't support Gothic 3's bugs is one thing. Changing your stance on whether or not Gothic 3's story is original, posting with the grammatical ability of a 12 year old and saying you're an awesome developer who's working on the soon to be released "System Shock 2" is entirely another. I say dumbfuck away.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Done. So far two people have been dumbfucked in this thread. Will we have a third? Will a worthy champion rise to the challenge?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"So far two people have been dumbfucked in this thread. Will we have a third? Will a worthy champion rise to the challenge?"

Now dumbfucking because people disagree with you? For someone who had that huge pissing contest with NMA so much; you surw ar ebeginning to act like them.

At least my Dumbfuck title was earned thropugh true blue Dumbfuckery... but, giving Dumbfuck titles because people disagree with you? Tsk, tsk.

Volourn said:
"So far two people have been dumbfucked in this thread. Will we have a third? Will a worthy champion rise to the challenge?"

Now dumbfucking because people disagree with you? For someone who had that huge pissing contest with NMA so much; you surw ar ebeginning to act like them.

At least my Dumbfuck title was earned thropugh true blue Dumbfuckery... but, giving Dumbfuck titles because people disagree with you? Tsk, tsk.

Ya VD, you shouldn't dumbfuck somebody who is developing System Shock 2, that would be too cruel.

To Sheek:

The only thing I find valid about you is the SHE in SHEEK

sheek

Arbiter
The_Nameless_Prick said:
The only thing I find valid about you is the SHE in SHEEK

Wow, I'm hurt. Just how long did you spend preparing for that outburst?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I did, VD. This whining and threatening of 'DF' (LOL what a threat too!) all started because they DARED to DEFY you and your PRecious G3!

*SHRUG* Just admit it, and be done with the embarassment.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
I did, VD. This whining and threatening of 'DF' (LOL what a threat too!) all started because they DARED to DEFY you and your PRecious G3!
The question is how, Volly. A lot of people disagree with me and argue with me all the time. Do you see me slapping "dumbfuck" on them? You should know that better than most people as we used to argue all the fucking time about NWN, ToEE, KOTOR, etc, and I have never even treated you with disrespect. What you see in this thread is an entirely different matter of people acting absolutely retarded.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
This is about me. This entire thing started because the guy (and the other guy you are 'threatening') posted that he didn't like G3. He given reasons why. Things got ehated, and both of you post dumbfuckery things. The bottom line is he's anti G3, and that is just EVIL in your eyes, and is auto dumbfuckery.

Face it, you just pulled an NAM - a site you were just in a HUGE war of words with. LOL

Again, it's not about me or my Dumbfuckery title. I *earned* that tile, and I wear it with Pride.

Wow. This thread was a huge war. We are now in the post-war politics debating whether the methods were used properly and if our attacks were just. The Codex regulars won, btw. Wheres Ave and Dabomberman now? Incinerated.

Jason

chasing a bee
Face it, you just pulled an NAM
I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy, we fought ourselves - and the enemy was in us... The war is over for me now, but it will always be there - the rest of my days.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
This entire thing started because the guy (and the other guy you are 'threatening') posted that he didn't like G3. He given reasons why.
One last time, Volly. His reasons were idiotic. Look at it this way. Let's say someone starts trashing NWN for some really stupid reasons, like "I can't fly a magic carpet in this game, wtf? It sucks!!!" or that idiot who claimed that NWN2 is not sexy enough. Should you decide to argue with the morons, it won't be because you like the game and they don't. It would be because they are spewing nonsense.

Face it, you just pulled an NAM - a site you were just in a HUGE war of words with. LOL
My conversation with Kharn and Sander was not about NMA at all.

Again, it's not about me or my Dumbfuckery title. I *earned* that tile, and I wear it with Pride.
I'm glad you are enjoying it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom