Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Gothic series enhanced rereleases on Nintendo Switch

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New screenshot has been shared by the developers of the new Gothic, it seems like they will release original Gothic for consoles as well

fb274dc0731ac9db0315c380b383bb5fe8f59230.png

Also paging rusty_shackleford

Squirrel

Novice
The new interface looks so video gamey and obstructive. What's with the equipment slots on the left? What purpose does that even serve other than sucking up screen space? I can already see what my character has equipped on the model itself AND in the inventory on the left, do I really need to be shown that for a third time? Also, are console players that retarded that they need to be constantly reminded of which button does what. All this unnecessary video gamey clutter just ruins the original aesthetics and makes the interface feel so not like Gothic.

It's literally just Gothic 2's inventory but with item sorting.

Looks like inventory mod from steam workshop I am using in current run, except with better looking icons. Here's how it looks with my current config, still playing around with cell sizes :
7D418057BE5AB516B1F526EED19178EC1C548FC1

What's with the equipment slots on the left? What purpose does that even serve other than sucking up screen space?

Seems pretty obvious that those will be used for consumable shortcuts, somehow I doubt they would include them for no reason whatsoever. Or if you mean the slots that show you the equipped weapons and armor I doubt they will come up when you don't have the inventory open.

Last edited:

Squirrel

Novice
It's literally just Gothic 2's inventory but with item sorting.
Plus the console button hints and equipment slots and whatnot.
z1.jpg
Looks like inventory mod from steam workshop I am using in current run, except with better looking icons.
It certainly looks more like a mod than anything. Interfaces in Gothic 1 and 2 have a very simple design direction: Minimal graphical elements with plain, concise text to convey the information. To all of a sudden introduce icons and all the other crap is a definite detachment from the original aesthetics. Modders are going to do what modders do, that's a given, but I do expect a little more out of the current IP holder.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't wait to see reactions to the original Gothic controls experience ported to a gamepad, like activating items by keeping both analog sticks down while at the same time pressing the left shoulder button and right trigger.

baba is you

Novice
A number of console games in the late 90s/early 00s had tank controls.

Yeah, I know. Games like King's Field, especially King's Field 4, had more of a tank-like movement, which I found more frustrating than Gothic at times.

Anyway, I made that comment because I don't think there's anything wrong with the controls, even though games with clunky movement like Gothic should be played with a keyboard and mouse.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I almost got excited then realized they'll use this opportunity to censor things
Seems like there'll be no need for it since it's already there.
The German and the US-American versions of Gothic are both censored but they are censored in different ways: In the German version there's less blood and in the US-American version there's no nudity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom