Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (2025)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also it seems like they are following RDR2s tradition ,a lover boy as one of the main characters, probably means no prostitues, stripers and such.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Vice City (the game) also had minorities - Latinos, Jews and so on. This can be said about every GTA (El Burro - Latino, LGBT and animal lover :D) The difference is not their mere presence, but the overall tone and inspiration. This Vice City is not a gangster Miami, but a degenerate Orlando.

I wouldn't judge it so harshly. Finally a game that seems to deal with some issues in real life. Think what you want about big-assed negressess rushing on top of cars - this is the world we live in. GTA only changes the proportions, but not the ingredients themselves.

In other words, like the world, like GTA.

Üstad

Arcane
I refused to use the lock-on and used manual aiming as much as possible to make the combat more engaging back in the day, even though it was super clunky to do and put you at a major disadvantage. Simply way more fun. I am glad there was the option to do this in SA, though the implementation was dumb (should just be a toggle in option menu to disable lock-on outright). Instead you had to lock-on first, then manually aim out of the lock with looking/aiming on the right stick. This way it became properly skill-based and you could go for headshots, pop tires etc.
Yeah but the game is not designed to played that way, not saying I didnt use the feature, it's just tactical depth wasnt there to encourage that. People are standing straight without a cover and blasting their uzis towards you, the combat was simply thrash. If they actually took cover and wasn't so braindead, the manual aim would be far more useful.

Jason Liang

Arcane
GTA Springbreakers

State of the art twerking animation, I'm sold

Actually I love Bonnie and Clyde stories, and it fits GTA like a relax fit Trojan.

treborSux

Arcane
GAkyneCXkAAWaVf

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Serious question: Do you terminally online muh culture war lardasses sperg out when you watch De Palma's Scarface too? Yeah there's minorities and neon lights in Miami. That's been a defining aspect of the city for like fifty fucking years.
What does all this crap have to do with Scarface you fucking moron?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086250/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm
If Scarface released today shot-for-shot released forty years ago, you'd be whining about it on here too. I assume you like the movie. Who doesn't? The movie didn't change. Vice City didn't change. You did and you've gone so far down the rabbit hole that you'll shit yourself in a fit of rage over the sight of a Cuban in Miami.

I'm somewhat pretty sure scarface didn't have obese niggers twerking on top of cars, neither feminist power fantasies.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Vice City (the game) also had minorities - Latinos, Jews and so on. This can be said about every GTA (El Burro - Latino, LGBT and animal lover :D) The difference is not their mere presence, but the overall tone and inspiration. This Vice City is not a gangster Miami, but a degenerate Orlando.

I wouldn't judge it so harshly. Finally a game that seems to deal with some issues in real life. Think what you want about big-assed negressess rushing on top of cars - this is the world we live in. GTA only changes the proportions, but not the ingredients themselves.

Vice City had cubans and haitians, and even then, they mostly kept to their own neighborhoods. The rest was all white majority and some black minority and npcs.
GTA 6 is fucking Nigger Overload.
Seriously, WHAT is with all the niggers, dude?
Sheeeeeit, Rockstar be tryna market dey gaimz fo' da blakpipo.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The previous GTA's offered some aesthetic which was close to reality and still managed to vary away from it, if not in a subtle way than at least in a funny one. GTA5 and GTA6 seem really grounded in America. I don't want no stupid TikTok, IG streams or some other social bullshit in my game. Or twerking black queens on top of moving cars. Well I can see the last one being potentially funny, but whatever.

A bit of a letdown. Tho let's see how it goes. Maybe Rockstar have some trick up their sleeve. Afterall we are looking at the 2025 game of the year.

Also, anyone else getting MAFIA III vibes from this? Surely I can't be the only one. The female protag looks a bit like a gender swapped Lincoln Clay, right?

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Vice City had cubans and haitians, and even then, they mostly kept to their own neighborhoods. The rest was all white majority and some black minority and npcs.
GTA 6 is fucking Nigger Overload.
Seriously, WHAT is with all the niggers, dude?
Sheeeeeit, Rockstar be tryna market dey gaimz fo' da blakpipo.

Personally, I'm more concerned about this love story. Notice that we see the woman as the leader. And that unfortunate "Do you trust me?"

Gentlemen, if a woman asks you a similar question, there is only one thing you can do - run away.

911 Jumper

Educated
Creativity – from a development studio worth billions
I suspected this was much of the reason they chose Florida in the first place:
Non Miami Florida is actually a pretty a good setting for a GTA game. If they are ever lacking inspiration all they have to do is plug Floridaman into google to find real life stories far stranger than fiction.
Looks like you were right. Makes me wonder what kind of people they have working there now.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Run popamole shooting game
It asks you to shoot NPCs in uniforms
Have mental breakdown and uninstall

Yet another autism achievement.
Can't believe Musk not being sarcastic with that tweet. No one is that autistic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom