Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

baboogy

Literate
Can anyone give me a non spoiler hint or push towards where to look for the name of the djinn in the bottle. I tried the name in the Ancients, and casting mind-read multiple times with max power level but it doesn't seem to work.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Can anyone give me a non spoiler hint or push towards where to look for the name of the djinn in the bottle. I tried the name in the Ancients, and casting mind-read multiple times with max power level but it doesn't seem to work.
Nobody has found it in the game yet, only from looking at the game files.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
It's on a hieroglyph wall somewhere but you need high Ancient History to read it otherwise you'll get some other text.

Viata

Arcane
It's on a hieroglyph wall somewhere but you need high Ancient History to read it otherwise you'll get some other text.
I remember finding it, iirc it's in some late dungeon (inside the Imperial Palace).

baboogy

Literate
Interesting, thank you. I finally have a character with 100 Ancient History, ended up putting points into it after maxing out the other skills I had wanted. I'll try to keep an eye out and backtrack if I have to to find it.

I remember finding it, iirc it's in some late dungeon (inside the Imperial Palace).
I think the Imperial Palace is the wrong one, no? Unless when I read it I had low Ancient History. Are you talking about the one beneath the palace, once you descend through the treasury?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Brother you need to tell us what you are working on

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The name was one of few things that I cheated on by looking it up on the net. It drove me crazy.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

I got the main screen set up for Gamma Zone and worked on the monsters for a while then one morning woke up and looked hard at the style and layout and it made me feel like puking it was so naf. So I shelved it and have been working on a Resident Evil 1-2-3 style clone survival horror in a slightly PSX flavor.

I will return to working on Gamma Zone but I think I have to overhaul the UI and I will probably be using this layout as my guideline :

wizbane.png

I plan to have the title "GAMMA ZONE" up there beneath a Steampunk post-apoc interface with a CRT flicker on it. Six characters left and right and a rendered view of the world inside a television monitor screen in the middle.
Also, had pretty good success with fake 2D lighting for "dungeons" using flares and scrims. Cuts way down on renders and makes it look much more like graphic comic book.
(inspired by this ... https://deepnight.itch.io/dungeon-crawler)

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

I got the main screen set up for Gamma Zone and worked on the monsters for a while then one morning woke up and looked hard at the style and layout and it made me feel like puking it was so naf. So I shelved it and have been working on a Resident Evil 1-2-3 style clone survival horror in a slightly PSX flavor.

I will return to working on Gamma Zone but I think I have to overhaul the UI and I will probably be using this layout as my guideline :

View attachment 45890
I plan to have the title "GAMMA ZONE" up there beneath a Steampunk post-apoc interface with a CRT flicker on it. Six characters left and right and a rendered view of the world inside a television monitor screen in the middle.
Also, had pretty good success with fake 2D lighting for "dungeons" using flares and scrims. Cuts way down on renders and makes it look much more like graphic comic book.

Wizardry 6?

You could not have chosen a finer blueprint. It is my favorite Wizardry game and my favorite Gold Box era game.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

View attachment 45890

Wizardry 6?

You could not have chosen a finer blueprint. It is my favorite Wizardry game and my favorite Gold Box era game.
Nobody can complain the UI is too hard

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Who gives a shit. Fuck 'em.

These people like felipepe should work on curing their ADHD anyway, so it's a win-win situation.

I have had an attention disorder since I was a child. Playing games such as Grimoire (or Wizardry 6) calms it. That is due to their dreamlike quality (abstracted design).

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Again, that is the name of a different djinn there. And if you tell that name to the bottle djinn, he even tells you so.

AXASHAZZAR vs AGDULHANISH

The guy who originally found the bottle djinn name in the game files mentioned that it was in the Snark ship section. So maybe it was supposed to be found on the ship.

Apparently Cleve also mentioned a long time ago that the "codes" for the djinn wishes can be found through mindread, though again, nobody has found them that way as far as I know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom