Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X Haegemonia: Legions of Iron (or Hegemonia: Legions of Iron) (2002) and Haegemonia – The Solon Heritage (2004)

DesolationStone

Educated
header.jpg

header.jpg

Steam
I bought this game a few years ago thanks to a Fanatical's bundle full of Russian and East European games for just $1 (literally the price of a coffee + brioche). For some reason, this one (two, because Microids decided to make the expansion a stand alone title) game became my obsession a few months ago when I discovered that it was being developed by Digital Reality, the same Hungarian studio behind Imperium Galactica II, probably the most ambitious 4X game ever made. The game is very, very strange and really unfinished, as if they made 60% of it and then rushed for the deadline, skipping UI, story and some of the gameplay.
The reason why this game is still surprising and interesting today is because of the space battles with tons of special effects, which the developer used as inspiration for Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. After more than 20 years, it's probably one of the few games I've played where a ship is not destroyed, but torn apart into pieces floating in the void of space.
For the rest, as I said before, a lot of strange ideas half implemented: espionage, trade and colony management are at a minimal level with a terrible and approximate interface.
The plot and setting are also very strange. Fun fact: one of the main characters, and the only one of Italian origin, is called "Laura Meloni". "Meloni" is the surname of the first Italian president, elected less than a year ago, and both characters have similar backgrounds. Despite being a small commercial success (they even made an expansion) I found little information on the internet and no topic here if not some help request for bugs and other technical issues, so I decided to create one here.

Last edited:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
was there ever a good widescreen fix for this? there's a regedit method, but it resets itself every time you start the game over again

DesolationStone

Educated
was there ever a good widescreen fix for this? there's a regedit method, but it resets itself every time you start the game over again
No, unfortunately. I finished the game a week ago on Linux, and here the regedit method not only resets the game every time, but also dramatically lowers the frame rate. The only solution is to play it in sub-HD resolution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom