Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Harry Popamole and the Turdy Hallows, Part 1

Achilles

Arcane
This is so unbelievably shit, I can't help but hope that it may make some people think "what the fuck am I playing" and snap them out of their nirvana, closing shut the jaws of the Popamole.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Since this is Part 1 I'm guessing it ends on the shittiest of cliffhangers. And isn't the next one six months away? What a load of ass.

The consoletards in the youtube comments don't realize they are bashing their own game.
They look inside a mirror and laugh about their own ugly face without realizing it's them.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
First three games were kinda fun platformers, of course it went shit fast when they decided to make HP games serious and mature.

attackfighter

Magister
They should make an open world, first person RPG set in Hogwarts, it would be a pretty cool place to explore. Disconnect it from the main storyline though, the good HP books were the first few when they were just doing random shit and didn't care about Voldemort.

Oh and make it only about white people. I watched a Harry Potter movie and there were tons of Orientals and Indians. Although I guess that's somewhat expected considering it takes place in Britain :smug:

Vibalist

Arcane
So, this game is getting shitty reviews, but just from looking at it I can't tell what seperates it from every other console third person shooter.
It's like SimpleComplexity said, these reviewers and gamers are basically criticising something that's exactly the same game as all the shit they love.

lightbane

Arcane
The "journalists" didn't receive enough cocksucking/bribes compared with other games, that's what happens.

Spellcaster said:
Wow, I just can't believe what I saw :lol:

"Hey, IGN gave it a 2.0 score, that's incline right there!"
Ahh, the feeling of being completely wrong in the morning, what a great mood.

Basically the girl that did the review goes beyond the definition of "retarded game journalism" and bashes the game for all the wrong reasons. It would be funny if it was a parody or something (which is actually what this review seems to be, I hope)

See ir for yourself:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/17/ha ... ctid=61056

- You can do some side missions but that isn't great when you're trying to tell a cohesive story
- Cover shooting isn't a bad idea at all, but there isn't enough cover at the final levels
- There is a first person stealth sequence at some point, but it's just too difficult because of the limited perspective (yea, Thief sucks because of that, it's not a masterpiece as metal gear is, where you can look around with the camera while hiding inside a box)
- It's pretty hard to know where you're supposed to go, even with a spell that POINTS THE DIRECTION TO YOU
- The Kinect thing with the wand is actually the best part of the game

Consider myself impressed with the so called journalists, once again.

:thumbsup:
Holy mother of :retarded:

He's telling the truth people, I watched it...

Also, one of the reasons it sucked was that when you put your invisibility cloak on, the game "changed into this weird first-person perspective where you can't see what is going on next to you"

First-person! Heresy!

Damn, I can only presume that whoever was developing this spent 90% of the money on coke and hookers, then paid his cousin to mod *insert any shitty cover shooter here* into harry potter.

It will be interesting to see how part 2 turns out :lol:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
herostratus said:
Also, one of the reasons it sucked was that when you put your invisibility cloak on, the game "changed into this weird first-person perspective where you can't see what is going on next to you"
the game "changed into this weird first-person perspective
weird first-person perspective
How the fuck do people like this go through everyday life without being run over by a car?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom