Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Heads Will Roll -- AUTHENTIC MEDIEVAL DATING RPG

Brancaleone

Prophet
how many statues, paintings, etc., of women have you seen that have body hair?
the idea of body hair removal being a modern thing is a fabrication

It is possible that ancient statues are a certain idealization. However in ancient times hair removal was an important hygienic and aesthetic ritual, at least for upper class women (and partial for men) in Greece, Rome, Egypt, middle East. In medieval times the aesthetic reason was less important (fewer occassions to present oneself naked) but hygienic one was even more important - to combat lice (for this reason prostitutes removed pubic hair).

The methods of course were considerably more painful (for both men and women) than today.
nec plena turpi matris olla resina,
Summemmianae qua pilantur uxores
Mart. 12.32.21-2

(even the lowliest prostitutes were expected to be hairless)

Quod pectus, quod crura tibi, quod bracchia vellis,
Quod cincta est brevibus mentula tonsa pilis:
Hoc praestas, Labiene, tuae—quis nescit?—amicae.
Cui praestas, culum quod, Labiene, pilas?
Mart. 2.62

(full body depilation)

circa corporis curam morosior, ut non solum tonderetur diligenter ac raderetur, sed uelleretur etiam
Suet. Jul. 45.2

"[Julius Caesar was] somewhat overnice in the the care of his person, being not only carefully trimmed and shaved, but even having superfluous hair plucked out"

And so on...

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I saw some French women in 20th-21st century. though. The idea of body hair removal ever is a fabrication?

https://medium.com/periodmovement/a-brief-history-of-female-hair-removal-5ec6d0a92dac

The practice of women removing body hair has been around for thousands of years and is definitely not new or a Western thing
<that's the joke> ...of the French women among other things, and of Rusty "logic".

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Any reason to buy this instead of the upcoming reforged edition?
no, but if this type of thing is your thing then you... might (you will be getting Reforged 50% off if you own the original)? despite it being half-finished, despite the combat system later being been overtuned to shit (went to the steam forums and found traces of the dev giddily rebalancing things in response to "x things works good")

from the feature list, Reforged seems to do everything better - the original is wack, unfinished, borked, then abandoned

the ftp prologue will show, though

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane
This Game may contain content not appropriate for all ages, or unappropriate for viewing at work (partial nudity, sexual themes)

I wonder what games ARE appropriate for 'viewing at work'? Maybe I should ask my boss to clarify this?

-You know what Zlaja, I was fine with you wasting valuable office time playing some Doom and perhaps even a little WoW, but this japanese sim-dating stuff is where I have to draw the line!

Last edited:

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer

Got a source? I remember reading about a crusader knight who was amazed to have a local barber shave his pubic hair, he was so impressed he forced the barber to do it to his wife as well.

An account by the 12th century chronicler Usama ibn Munqidh;

"I heard a similar case from a bath attendant called Salim from Ma'arra, who worked in one of my fathers bathhouses. This is his tale:

I earned my living in Ma'arra by opening a bathhouse. One day a Frankish knight came in. They do not follow our custom of wearing a cloth around their waist while they are at the baths, and this fellow put his hand, snatched off my loin-cloth and threw it away. He saw at once that I had just recently shaved my pubic hair.

'Salim!' he exclaimed! I came toward him and he pointed to that part of me.

'Salim! You shall certainly do the same for me!' and he lay down flat on his back. His "hair" was as long as his beard. I shaved him, and when he had felt the place with his hand and found it agreeably smooth, he said: 'Salim, you must certainly do the same for my Dama'. In their language Dama means lady, or wife. He sent his valet to fetch his wife, and when they arrived and the valet brought her in, she lay down on her back and he said to me:

'Do to her what you did to me.' So I shaved her pubic hair, while her husband stood. Then he thanked me and paid me for my services.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
A Legionary's Life
Speaking of this one, any other similar games out there?

Well, you've got this one. With the addition of dating!
It's not even dating, though. Which to some might be a saving grace, I wouldn't mind either way. The broads are just quest givers within the going ons of the story and the rewards for engaging with them include relationship points. At the end of the story arcs involving them you will most likely have accumulated the points to reach the completion state and are rewarded with a lewdie and an unique item! It's a neat little mechanic to faintly remind you you are not gay.

The combat is fucked up, though, and despite going further to paint a picture, the combat feels less visceral and impactful than ALL's. Less is more. You always feel behind the power curve, at no point do you feel like a bad motherfucker who's chopping down as many dudes they can throw at you within 20 turns because you've put in the work to be able to. Instead, in a lot of cases, you'll be managing to kill 2 designated dudes without a turn limit despite powermaxing and being godly with your time management. 60 slow turns. 5th reload. It's just shit. There's no mechanic to get ahead by getting extra stats to distribute on new games. Imagine Legionary without the mechanic to inject some karmic T into your dude on replays, and instead having quickload to ultimately RNG to victory. It's the only game I've found that directly draws from ALL. Could've copied it better, though, for its own good.

Play Mad Princess: The Great Gladiators.

Semiurge

Cipher
ss_720b2eab363891c22fa06af8b41af8249f3c9112.1920x1080.jpg

This doesn't ring as authentic to me. :\

Gold pantaloons = authentic

Lhynn

Arcane
Played a whole route of this. The dating sim aspect of the game is definitely overstated, you can actually quite easily miss them and they are a very small part of the game overall (Generally its a story arc that can end with a sfw/nsfw picture depending on your settings). The game focuses on the career of this newly recruited soldier during a siege, making meaningful choices along the way. The combat has a simulationist feel that fits the dark and grim world you are being presented, the reality of war everywhere you look. On top of that the game is well written and there are a very likable characters that any codexer will like.

Overall, if you dont mind low budget stuff, Id definitely recommend people to take a look. It does have that feeling of the player being an insignificant part of a cold and cruel world, and moving through the ranks depending on your choices can be very satisfying.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
it's out, cheap on day 1 and real cheap with the bundle deal
for free NUDITY dlc

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Funny thing about it is, the game was completely blocked in my country until about a week ago. Seems the dev decided to censor the main game and add the nudity back as a free patch, so Germans can buy it.

But this is actually a bad thing. Had the game been completely blocked for purchase here, I would have asked my Bulgarian pal to buy it for me as a gift. Games that are blocked for purchase in Germany can still be activated as a gift when bought for you by a friend living in another EU country.

This, of course, doesn't work with free patches. You can't gift something free. So now I'm stuck with the censored version!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom