Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Heart of the Swarm is out now

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Nope. Not allowed to log in to my single player game thanks to the wonders of always online DRM. :troll:

Blizzard once again makes a compelling argument in favour of pirating their software. They'll only remove the authenticator if I send them government-issued ID, fill out a bunch of forms and wait for them to get around to it.

I WAS going to buy HotS just to lulz in the single player campaign. But if I'm not allowed to play the game I legally bought, I guess I'll play the one that's not removed from an inventory and save my money.

Stonewolf

Augur
So is campaign any good? Not sure if cba to jellyroger this, I own WoL, I'm entitled to a compensation for wasting time on trying to get into the abomination they call 'multiplayer' in there.

kris

Arcane
3 missions into campaign. 50% love story, 20% explaining how to put down a hive and using units, 30% killing stuff with Kerrigan and Zerglings.

kris

Arcane
Only if Kerrigan come into a love triangle with some Zerg humanoid hybrid... And you ge to romance him by listening to him prattle on about his tragic background. Maybe his Zergling kid died at Aiur.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Gotta check rule 34 site.

kris

Arcane
Gotta update though. The story don't get in the way of the missions later. But the missions is again gimmicky about every new unit you get.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, I wanted to buy this, as it launched at a more reasonable price than WoL, but then read that it's not a standalone expansion, but expansion-expansion, so I'd have to dish out additional $30 for WoL. Pass. I'll wait for the inevitable SC2 Trilogy in 2016.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This game is really easy even compared to WotL, completed 10 missions on hard without a sweat. Stopped using Kerrigan because she is just an "I WIN" button even with only auto attacks. Begining missions are really typical, silly RTS missions that teaches us how to use hive and zerg units like its our first time with the zerg... Really?!?
And game is trying to DL something(streaming?!) before every damned mission and ruining my little enterteinment...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
1. I initially disliked that she went back to swarmy Kerrigan so quick. It felt like the Arthas story line with Frostmourne "to save his people" (to get revenge on Mensk). However, I kind of liked her as Queen of Blades by the end.
2. It was painfully obvious that Raynor wasn't dead. But Kerrigan fell for it big time and hosed her shot with him. It doesn't seem like she would be so stupid.

3. I REALLY dislike that Jim had to save her at the very end. Way to take agency away from the female lead who had kicked all sorts of ass for the entire time and leave it to the big Dudebro in power armor to save the day. Cheapened the whole thing.

4. I like that they did kill Mensk off finally. They have set up Legacy of the Void to be an alliance of the three races again the Xel'Naga God. I can more or less get behind that.

5. The ending monologue made little sense. She basically allied with Jim/Valarian, they go to pains to make it clear that even though she is the Queen of Blades again she has a LOT of Kerrigan still in her, and then she says she has "forsaken her identity and the man she loves?" WAT? You spent the entire game establishing that you HADN'T forsaken those things and that is what makes her different now. Hell, she even gets along with Zeratul.

I understand that she realizes she has to go fight, but as I said, it seems like they've set it up for an alliance. Maybe Kerrigan doesn't see it that way? Struck me as odd.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
5. The ending monologue made little sense. She basically allied with Jim/Valarian, they go to pains to make it clear that even though she is the Queen of Blades again she has a LOT of Kerrigan still in her, and then she says she has "forsaken her identity and the man she loves?" WAT? You spent the entire game establishing that you HADN'T forsaken those things and that is what makes her different now. Hell, she even gets along with Zeratul.

DUN DUN DUNNNN!
World (Universe?!?) of Starcraft comfirmed with The Zerg=The Forsaken and Kerrigan=Sylvannas

Edit: Raging Boner, you are being too optimistic i say :=P

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
People play Starcraft for the story?
It's quite telling that everything is so inferior that the story is the best part.

Obviously you will follow up this post with enumerating the countless high-brow alternatives to sc2 that the RTS genre currently has to offer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom