Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helldivers 2

std::namespace

the nature is hype is so shiteating consoomer npc, i cant even...

so i watch a video of this generic coop shooter and it makes me think how gaymin is all trends
i google helldivers 1 cause i never heard the name and its a top down coop, that was also a mini trend 8 years ago
like, whats the name of that top down coop with mages... magika? turns out its the same dev, kek!
in before they revive that side scrolling coop with knights, 'member?!?!?!?! consoomer npcs
Nigger, you can't even write properly, and not like someone mentally challenged.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW
SOMEONE INSULTED PRODUCT TM1111111111111111111111111111111111111111
QUICK NPC CONSOOUMER CUCK DEFENSE FORCE ASSEMBLE1
unironically kill yourself degenerate scum
nVmOHYg.png

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Once you leave the baby difficulty behind the cracks start to show. Against bugs, there are only a handful of useful weapons and stratagems. All the main weapons except the Defender and Breaker are shit. The Railgun is essentially mandatory because it's the only thing that can kill armored bugs and titans reliably.
Don't know about the last two difficulties, but at least on 7 I'm running AC solo and have no problem dealing with chargers. Against bots, I use grenade launcher or railgun because I always carry a shield backpack.

Talking about main weapons, there's no reason to use anything other than the SG-225 Breaker due to the amount of damage and stagger it applies to enemies.
The Breaker is just too useful at any given range. You can practically snipe with it.
We were doing Suicide yesterday for a bit and once shit gets going there's at least three chargers and two titans active at any given moment, on top of the inevitable bug breaches, which will spawn more chargers and titans.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I got the game and clocked in about 90 minutes.

I tried a few times to jump in with randoms but gave up after the second 5-minute wait yielded nothing. I then played a few solo missions. It was the fun; the gun play is decent, the graphics look good (thanks to my 3080Ti), and the loop is addicting. I imagine this is much better with other people. I'm curious to see how long this holds people's interest.

Unfortunately, it's been hours since that first session. The server has been full, preventing me even booting into the main menu. While the devs are probably hard at working fixing things, I don't imagine I'll play with other people on a stable connection for another few days.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
While the devs are probably hard at working fixing things, I don't imagine I'll play with other people on a stable connection for another few days.
Don't write that off yet. Matchmaking is spotty right now, but I've been matchmaking most of the time since release. Yes, it's much more fun with others (Friendly Fire mayhem is part of the core experience, since the Magicka days).

Gerrard

Arcane
That's a nice way to say the matchmaking doesn't work at all. These past 3 days I had 1 (one) person join my lobby, and for some reason it was a level 15 guy in my medium difficulty game. The SOS beacon thing doesn't work either.
I also don't understand why they went with this system instead of just being able to join missions in progress by default.

E: got first full squad today and then my game crashed after we did the 2nd mission. :decline:

Last edited:

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
That's a nice way to say the matchmaking doesn't work at all. These past 3 days I had 1 (one) person join my lobby, and for some reason it was a level 15 guy in my medium difficulty game. The SOS beacon thing doesn't work either.
I also don't understand why they went with this system instead of just being able to join missions in progress by default.

E: got first full squad today and then my game crashed after we did the 2nd mission. :decline:
No, that's a nice way of saying "works for me, lol". Of course the MM isn't perfect, but the game just released to a massive and totally unexpected concurrent players and they're addressing the issue. Another patch has been released a couple of hours ago, precisely to fix matchmaking and prepare the servers for more log ins/concurrent players.

What works best for me is going into a game with a friend and activating the SOS beacon. Usually a player or two join in a couple of minutes. This is in difficulty 6-7, up until then I've played solo or with that friend, no SOS beacon/QP.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This seems to be blowing up big. I haven't played a multiplayer game in a while and it looks quite tempting. Any thoughtful summaries?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This seems to be blowing up big. I haven't played a multiplayer game in a while and it looks quite tempting. Any thoughtful summaries?
Servers are fucked, you should probably wait a month until the hype calms down.
Right now the game progression is a little shallow but the devs are going to add more free stuff.
You need friends to play with, as with all coop games.
Presentation, gun feedback and all that are great.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The devs are surprisingly incompetent for a studio that isn't releasing its first MP game. The "but their previous games were tiny" excuse only goes so far. Most of their previous games were top-down games, which doesn't appeal to the average gamer with an 80 IQ. Anyone who understands the basics of the industry would have been able to tell them that a co-op third person shooter with a sci-fi aesthetic that blends Starship Troopers and Terminator was going to blow up in the contemporary gaming industry. A lot of the multiplayer issues we've had from day 1 were straight-up coding problems too.

Sony is a lot to blame too and should have pushed the devs to do a stress test/beta before release. It would have immediately shown many of the most glaring issues, as well as giving a good indication of the kind of interest the game would generate. The biggest issues have been there since the first day of release. They just got significantly worse as the game kept picking up momentum.

Really fun game regardless, but it's frustrating as fuck how many of these problems could have been avoided.

NwNgger

Educated
When you've dropped down to kick some ass and the grass starts speaking Cyber-Vietnamese you need to call in several airstrikes before you can deploy Democracy to the area.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I'm really enjoying the difficulty of the automaton missions. I hope they don't nerf them.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
I'm really enjoying the difficulty of the automaton missions. I hope they don't nerf them.
They've already adjusted the defense automaton missions (it was ridiculous, though, you couldn't even solo a level 5-6 mission). It's great, specially with all the modifiers higher difficulties add (new kinds of attacks, added armor to parts that were soft on other difficulties). It doesn't just make them more bullet spongy, it overwhelms you with numbers AND new mechanics. :incline:

Gerrard

Arcane
The devs apparently didn't even bother with such trivial things as server side checks of the client so you already have client side cheats, even involving sample drop amounts.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Stay away from chink names.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
the nature is hype is so shiteating consoomer npc, i cant even...

so i watch a video of this generic coop shooter and it makes me think how gaymin is all trends
i google helldivers 1 cause i never heard the name and its a top down coop, that was also a mini trend 8 years ago
like, whats the name of that top down coop with mages... magika? turns out its the same dev, kek!
in before they revive that side scrolling coop with knights, 'member?!?!?!?! consoomer npcs
Nigger, you can't even write properly, and not like someone mentally challenged.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW
SOMEONE INSULTED PRODUCT TM1111111111111111111111111111111111111111
QUICK NPC CONSOOUMER CUCK DEFENSE FORCE ASSEMBLE1
unironically kill yourself degenerate scum
nVmOHYg.png

std::namespace

Educated · 36 ·

Gerrard

Arcane
So they patched in AFK kick timer and suddenly I can log in even at night now. Turns out it was that fucking easy.

And player numbers dropped by 50K. Fifty thousand AFKing commie niggers.
:imperialscum:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Firday Friyay patch for our brave Divers on the front lines!

Fixes
  • We have raised the server cap!
:kingcomrade:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Anyone who understands the basics of the industry would have been able to tell them that a co-op third person shooter with a sci-fi aesthetic that blends Starship Troopers and Terminator was going to blow up in the contemporary gaming industry.
If it were that easy, then a game like Suicide Squad wouldn't have bombed as hard as it did, since it also ticks most of the industry's contemporary trends checkboxes...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom