Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

#hellgatelondon is calling you out, apparently

Jennifer

Liturgist
we were having the usual argument about how the codex is a den of lies and misinformation and all that good stuff. eventually, as arguments about the codex usually do, it all turned into an anti-VD shpiel, with the following results:

(I edited out few non-related bits to shorten the post. no misinformation here, just trying to keep from spamming the board quite so much)

[14] <SolInvictus-> I hate how he thinks he can criticize game developers even though he hasnt made any games of his own.
[14] <SolInvictus-> His own RPG is vaporware
[14] <Jennyfer> rex, it is not.
[14] <Jennyfer> that's misinformation right there
[14] <SolInvictus-> he went from saying that 3d graphics are worthless, but when his artists pressured him to make the game 3d he just caved
[14] <Jennyfer> you have no evidence to support that claim
[14] <Percolator_Fish> how long has it been in development?
[14] <Jennyfer> only 2 or so years, as far as i know (ed: looking on the boards i see that i overstated that by about a year, but whatever.)
[14] <Percolator_Fish> ok
[14] <Jennyfer> and for someone who also has to work for a living that ain't bad
[14] <chakl|w00t> do you know what the average time to create a 2d game is now a days?
[14] <chakl|w00t> a year 3 months
[14] <chakl|w00t> for a team of 16 people
[14] <chakl|w00t> working 7 hours a day
[14] <chakl|w00t> 5 days a week
[14] <Jennyfer> ... er, well, this is a 3d game being created by considerably less than 16 people, all of whom have day jobs (i'm assuming)
[14] <chakl|w00t> fuck Krazy K who
[14] <Jennyfer> so what's your point
[14] <chakl|w00t> barely
[14] <chakl|w00t> barely
[14] <chakl|w00t> knows how to code
[14] <chakl|w00t> already has content
[14] <chakl|w00t> and something you can try
[14] <chakl|w00t> and it has been at it for what? 2 months
[14] <Jennyfer> so? he doesn't want to release a beta version
[14] <Jennyfer> that's his prerogative
[14] <chakl|w00t> me and sol have played it
[14] <chakl|w00t> he doesnt want to show it to you
[14] <chakl|w00t> maybe you should ask him to be in "beta"
[14] <chakl|w00t> by the way
[14] <chakl|w00t> his team is a team of.. 2 people?
[14] <SolInvictus-> I think Jennifer is talking about VD's game.
[14] <Jennyfer> yeah
[14] <chakl|w00t> doesnt matter
[14] <SolInvictus-> Theres no alpha or beta for it
[14] <Jennyfer> not Krazy K's, i have no idea what that's about
[14] <chakl|w00t> Nothign adds up
[14] <Jennyfer> i don't even know what you're talking about now :O
[14] <chakl|w00t> VD is vaporware
[14] <chakl|w00t> thats what
[14] <Jennyfer> what?
[14] <chakl|w00t> the math doesnt add up period
[14] <Jennyfer> because Krazy K's game beta sucks, VD's game is vaporware?
[14] <Jennyfer> logic go bye-bye?
[14] <chakl|w00t> i am talking about the time worked on
[14] <chakl|w00t> and what is available for you to touch
[14] <SolInvictus-> VD worked on his game for 2 years with only 10 or so screenshots to show for it heh
[14] <SolInvictus-> No name for his game development company
[14] <chakl|w00t> 10 screenshots that look like they were just photoshop jobs.
[14] <SolInvictus-> or anything
[14] <SolInvictus-> Yeah
[14] <Jennyfer> what?
[14] <chakl|w00t> copy paste
[14] <SolInvictus-> I could have created them in PS
[14] <chakl|w00t> 5 minutes
[14] <Jennyfer> gawd, you guys are just... wow
[14] <SolInvictus-> You remember Trinity, JEn?
[14] <SolInvictus-> The polish game..
[14] <SolInvictus-> That was all photoshopped, heh
[14] <chakl|w00t> remember dawn?
[14] <chakl|w00t> DAWN!
[14] <SolInvictus-> I talked to ausir about it
[14] <SolInvictus-> it looked like it had an engine and all..
[14] <chakl|w00t> sol i showed you dawn right?
[14] <SolInvictus-> but theyre just PS.
[14] <chakl|w00t> the guy was living in his basement
[14] <SolInvictus-> yeah chakl
[14] <chakl|w00t> he secured a fucking publishing deal for his vaporware mmo
[14] <chakl|w00t> LMAO

anyway, the gist of it all is:

[14] <chakl|w00t> if VD has anything available
[14] <chakl|w00t> anything for real
[14] <chakl|w00t> have him put a tech demo out
[14] <chakl|w00t> just to show that he has something

discuss.

Spazmo

Erudite
I think the far more interesting question here is why are you in #hellgatelondon at all? If Rex wants to have his little circlejerk of supporters, that's fine. As long as I keeps him far, far away from this site and #fallout/#rpgcodex. Just leave him be. Anyone he manages to convince of anything is probably about as worthless as Rex anyways, so it's no great loss that Chakl or whatever other people hang out in #hgl have their moronic opinions informed by Rex.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
lol. Drama indeed. A few comments:

[14] <SolInvictus-> I hate how he thinks he can criticize game developers even though he hasnt made any games of his own.
I wasn't aware that criticizing something required some prerequisites, like making a game, shooting a movie, writing a book, or becoming a congressman if one wishes to criticize the government.

[14] <SolInvictus-> His own RPG is vaporware
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Why do you care, Exit?

[14] <SolInvictus-> he went from saying that 3d graphics are worthless, but when his artists pressured him to make the game 3d he just caved
Pressured me? Your bias is amusing. I explained my reasons many times. Here is the short version: the 2D graphics sucked. Need I say more?

[14] <Percolator_Fish> how long has it been in development?
[14] <Jennyfer> only 2 or so years, as far as i know (ed: looking on the boards i see that i overstated that by about a year, but whatever.)
[14] <Percolator_Fish> ok
[14] <Jennyfer> and for someone who also has to work for a living that ain't bad
[14] <chakl|w00t> do you know what the average time to create a 2d game is now a days?
[14] <chakl|w00t> a year 3 months
[14] <chakl|w00t> for a team of 16 people
[14] <chakl|w00t> working 7 hours a day
[14] <chakl|w00t> 5 days a week
[14] <Jennyfer> ... er, well, this is a 3d game being created by considerably less than 16 people, all of whom have day jobs (i'm assuming)
The game has been in development since Mar 2004 (that's counting the conceptual phase), my team has 4 people, not counting some occasional concept artists, all have day jobs.

[14] <SolInvictus-> VD worked on his game for 2 years with only 10 or so screenshots to show for it heh
What was I supposed to show? I'm asking purely out of curiosity. Btw, I posted about 40-50 screens overall (I posted 12 screens in the last thread alone)

[14] <SolInvictus-> No name for his game development company
Actually, there is a name. I'm sorry I didn't report that to you right away. Besides, everyone knows that having a company name and a website is the most important aspect of game development. *rolls eyes*

anyway, the gist of it all is:

[14] <chakl|w00t> if VD has anything available
[14] <chakl|w00t> anything for real
[14] <chakl|w00t> have him put a tech demo out
[14] <chakl|w00t> just to show that he has something
What, now I have to prove something to someone? Too funny.

obediah

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
lol. Drama indeed. A few comments:

I wasn't aware that criticizing something required some prerequisites, like making a game, shooting a movie, writing a book, or becoming a congressman if one wishes to criticize the government.

This one time I was at taco bell, and the guy gave me back $5 extra change. I thought, like, the gyy was a pretty shitty order-taker. But then I realized that I had never been an order-taker, so how the fuck could I know what an order-taker mistake was. I got a sooper lesson in humility that day, plus $5.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
You know, thats really funny Mr No Free Rides is insulting VD about his criticizing of games. Didn't Rex do more than a little criticizing? Oh wait, that's right. He worked on Lionheart. He's got all the rights. We have none. But then again, he's just a dirty gooker with crooked teeth and bad acne, which makes him sub-human by default.
End game- VD wins!!!!

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
I think that Krazy K is some guy from the Hellgate: London community who is currently developing a small flash-based game in the vein of that Half-Life sidescroller.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Atrokkus

Erudite
chakl is such a moron.

damn sol is also fucking acting retarded.

anyways, jenny link them to this topic. but no, it might undermine your position on hgl, huh? double standarts and all that jazz..

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Vault Dweller said:

I've only been posting for the last 6 months but i lurked for a long time before that. I just noticed now looking back at those threads that there's a big turnover in posters. I don't think any of the fuckers in those 2004 threads post here currently. Exit was a douche but i somehow miss him like i do with Volourn not posting as much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom