Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hellish Quart - 17th century historical dueling game with physics based combat

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
One of the most realistic sword fighting games
Well, except for the women with twohander and pants then, dueling.
Can't fault me for that, in 2020 none of those things existed.
Not a complete loss
F1BA9A2F8C0F8B39A78AD1ED82F153B24E4444C1

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I love the part at 0:48. Talk about throwing off your opponent with some unexpected moves. It looks kinda painful, though.

V4RZnMT.png

WHgrfFD.png

tdzChEZ.png

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm... not sure if I want it.

Being able to pull is pretty cool though

Does it make sense though?
I feel like it would be avoided through wrist movement or maybe end up with disarmament, rather than end up with a strong pull. Seems like a rare scenario.
But what do I know about Harnaś-Fu.

Eh, it depends on how you, heh, pull it off.
I guess you get pulled when you have enough grip strength to avoid disarmament but not enough reflexes to divert the weapons.
I suspect it will work similar to grabbing, which you can cancel if you push the fella away.

laclongquan

Arcane
No, the pulling moves are pretty effective with this shefferd axe. You will notice the heavy handle and the iron axe. They give additional weight to the moves. The sword arm wont be able to resist such pulls.

The actions also contain TWO hands for defense (and the axe holding wide), it's not going to be easy to flick the sword to attack while being pulled. it's also pretty convenient to flick the axehead toward your head if you lessen the sword hold and the axe can be free to do.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, well, compare to the realistic "2 hit and you are down" here it's jarring as fuck
Uhh .. watch the BB video you posted again. All these "hits" you seem to be talking about are the weapons hitting each other. Most are one hit kills, and most of the non-killing blows cripple a limb.

Last edited:

and 8 others

Savant
Uh, 1997 wants a word with you

220px-Bushidoblade_boxart.jpg
Damn straight, that game was amazing.

The freedom to run around, throw knives or earth in the opponent's eyes, the blocking and parrying mechanisms.

From what I've seen so far of Hellish Quart, the fight mechanics look great, but it seems there will be no freedom to roam the battlefield as in Bushido Blade.

Now it makes me wish for a combination of both, the better fight mechanics of Hellish Quart, and the freedom of Bushido.

Pocgels

Scholar
One of the most realistic sword fighting games
Well, except for the women with twohander and pants then, dueling.
Yeah! Women dueling is such an implausible and nonsensical thing to include in historical video games!
Ms_I33_fol_32r.jpg
maritalduels-930x919.jpg

In some cases, women would be allowed to beat their husbands to death with stones in a duel. In order to make it fair (since men were stronger) he would have to be in a pit.

Therefore, this should be the next game-mode added, which would promote interesting asymmetrical gameplay while maintaining historical integrity.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
:deathclaw:

I guess this is always the problem of describing your game as realistic and emphasing the simulationist aspects
It will inevitably attract the worst kind of autism

This is a figthing game
When was the last time you played a figthing game without cute and quirky female characters?
The only purpose "realism" serves here is informing the characters moveset and level scenarios

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Jędrek kinda feels for me like he would be a clever somewhat comedic peasant sidekick in some classic historical adventure film or tv series.

One of the things I like about the game (just observing clips, haven't played more than an early demo), is the way all the characters have distinct personalities that come through in their animations. Quite a skillful thing, to blend fighting animations with character animations like that, I think.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron

Jędrek kinda feels for me like he would be a clever somewhat comedic peasant sidekick in some classic historical adventure film or tv series.

One of the things I like about the game (just observing clips, haven't played more than an early demo), is the way all the characters have distinct personalities that come through in their animations. Quite a skillful thing, to blend fighting animations with character animations like that, I think.

Wouldn't really be martial arts if characters don't express themselves in combat.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I gave Jędrek a try.
He's fun, but he opened a pandora's box of bugs.
Or alternatively - to quote a very quotable polish politician - he let Pandora out of the box.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
Modding support is here bitches!

Easy Mods Support!

This update brings a super-easy mod creation system.

Modding Hellish Quart doesn’t even require coding (but it supports scripting if you want to). Anyone can do it!

220145a6da93ac5b5b7191be1d3e8882d94c665d.jpg

To make mods for Hellish Quart you will need to export your mod files as Asset Bundles using Unity engine. Then, all the players will have to do is drag and drop them inside the StreamingAssets folder. Hellish Quart will recognize and use them in the game.

54d130c7c11e2cf02b6dc9fc1116b3765cec1038.jpg

Currently, mods are being spawned in Hellish Quart as custom character skins. The Character Selection Screen will detect if there are mod files for a chosen character, and you will be able to choose the mods as character skin customization.

13c69ed1f85bc89bdcad44b44100a7ad54bae7db.jpg

Along with the character skins, or even instead of them, you can include anything you like in the mod – static environment objects, particles, scripts (attached to GameObjects), music files, sounds, separate animated characters (for example chickens walking next to characters), etc.

Check out some demo mods here!

In the link above, you will also find a Hellish Quart Modding Kit and Documentation, which will explain step-by-step how to make your own mod.

Video tutorials are coming very soon!
EDIT:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom