Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HELLO, I'M LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD HYBRID CARD GAMES

Atulack

Novice
Try Duelyst.
Listen to him.

If you tolerate the art style (and I can see why some people can't) you might like it a lot. It's cards + battlefield, with no RNG (not even from drawing, every turn you can change one of the cards from the hand). Worth checking out. Try "Trump" or "redditpals" referrals for free 100 gold, a booster.

Please do not associate me with trump or reddit.
duelystingame2.gif

tumblr_nf417e6P8O1rznluto5_r2_1280.gif

Atulack

Novice
Nothing else is crossing my mind. I mean, normally I wouldn't recommend it, but since you specifically asked for hybrids with the card element, I guess you can always pirate guild of dungeoneering and play for two hours or so. Roguelike, you build the dungeon with cards, and then use them in fights. I kinda enjoyed it while it lasted, but there's just not that much to it.

Gulnar

Scholar
with no RNG (not even from drawing, every turn you can change one of the cards from the hand).

While i agree with you, this isn't true. The RNG is there: it's a lot less than, say, magic or heartstone, but there is, especially in some cards mechanics (jaxi, paddo, keeper ov the vale, reaper of nine moons, etc).

hello friend

Arcane
hello friend did you follow up on the modding business?
Well, some mods were packaged with the 2012 build. I didn't really care for them. I ended up mostly using the 2015 build. It's just more stable, more smooth. It's got some new cards added, though, so I keep the 2012 build with the more classic cardset on my HD and I play it every now and then.

Looking at the available options and the amount of effort required I'd say this is probably the best setup. Maybe also use the widescreen mod with 2012 build, I think 2015 has it included. If people want I can probably post links to both versions - some time. It's pretty easy to find yourself if you don't want to wait for when I can be arsed.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't mind the resolution, really, but the game crashed in the deck builder (I suspect because of the music). Is this common?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom