Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read Heroes Never End (LR: WildStorm)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
bswN2.jpg

ZFqd6.jpg

8o8mE.jpg

iMVom.jpg

qYViW.jpg

OOV5A.jpg

O1EOY.jpg

AXUqv.jpg

CiLhd.jpg

EW5n5.jpg

D7pO2.jpg

AlP7C.jpg

Cm9Gn.jpg

xkW65.jpg

bjPnw.jpg

ZojV7.jpg

wR3sS.jpg

gQwc7.jpg

UQTbS.jpg

SSGu6.jpg

grLbG.jpg

DwV2B.jpg

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
OK, I thought The High could reverse that loss of power and shortened life thingies? Why didn't he do that after getting back out of Norway? As in, why didn't he IMMEDIATELY do it, before going to fight the Red Blade and boarding the Carrier and all that? He didn't seem particularly suicidal when he gave up the power. Also, what were they referring to about stuff he needs to penance for? the Reapers? that would be utterly stupid considering he's the only one who actually tried to do something about them.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, if you remember he didn't know WHAT was going on in Finland, and the only way he got out was by jacking a StormWatch transfer beacon and onto Skywatch. He didn't get back into the Rockies, and of course he'd never depowered himself before. I guess he got fatalistic about his impending death when he was stranded on the Carrier.

I figure he's doing penance for all the things he did that went belly-up over the years. Reapers just being that latest among them (which he did cause by impulsively going after Bendix and getting squashed on the Storm Door).

Btw, I haven't read these beforehand either, so I'll be reading along with you.

SoupNazi

jesus fucking christ i had hoped those fucking vampires were done with :x

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Reapers just being that latest among them (which he did cause by impulsively going after Bendix and getting squashed on the Storm Door).
Oh come one. he was DEAD* when they harvested his cells to make the Reapers. Blaming him for that is just lame. Though granted he should've dealt with them a little differently... letting King help would've been a good idea.

And I'm still confused where he found River and how he got on the Carrier. He was in Skywatch after all - why didn't he immediately tell King "beam me down to my base so I can power up and help against the Red Blade"? Why did he even bring River on the Carrier to begin with?

And why's Angie suddenly become the biggest bitch in the universe?

* or as dead as The High can get

Cassidy

Arcane
It's impressive how Stormwatch Team Achilles managed to be consistently more interesting than all of the other content in this fictional universe. A pity they canned it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
I can't stand the suspense anymore. WHO IS THAT IF IT'S NOT ANGIE? AND WHAT HAPPENED TO ANGIE?

BUMP

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP

WE ARE ONTO THE NEW PAGE. THE NEW PAGE IS ONTO US

Vaarna_Aarne

I agree Brudda None, I always liked the "shoeless wonder" look. This one's too close to him having an actual costume, when he was always without one.

Sceptic said:
I can't stand the suspense anymore. WHO IS THAT IF IT'S NOT ANGIE? AND WHAT HAPPENED TO ANGIE?
She already told Jack, it's not Angie, just the Carrier using Angie as a mouthpiece.

SoupNazi

Well, there's bits of Angie still stuck in there, as evidenced by the last minute change of mind about the whole sucking innocents into the void thing.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Vaarna_Aarne said:
I agree Brudda None, I always liked the "shoeless wonder" look. This one's too close to him having an actual costume, when he was always without one.

Exactly. The whole "just a dude" look with those weird-looking soles on his feet worked very well, very understated.

Now he has...spiky shoulder pauldrons? Some weird shit going on with his face?

I'm not saying I love the character, but did they have to make him look stupid on top of him acting stupid?

SoupNazi

Is Flint the chick hired into Team Achilles as the only post-human? She seems to also have a marginally different costume/look.

Vaarna_Aarne

Flint is the only StormWatch character that has been part of every incarnation of the team (PHD and the new DC team not included). That look she has is based on her original look (which some of you may remember from Ellis' StormWatch), with the addition of the scars caused by xenomorph acid.

SoupNazi

Fighting it by SPAM? The Carrier fondling John CUMberland?

You've gotta be fucking kidding. This is like the worst issue (or two), ever.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Fighting it with spam? That is the most stupid thing I have read in a while. I thought the post-apocalyptic storyline were past the derp of the earlier issues.

And why does this comic feel the need to kill off the characters that I like just as I start liking them? The High was one of the most tolerable people in this group.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Can't we just kill off everyone but the High, the Engineer and Flint? I'd read a comic about those 3.

Also, new page means MOAR UPDATES BITCH! (Please?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom