Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

Untermensch

Augur
From what I've seen so far, it looks promising.

But...... That art style....

whatevername

Arcane
This obnoxious marketing trick of taking something away and then giving it back so everyone is like "wow, that's great, thanks guys!" is really getting on my tits. How do people even fall for that?
Yeah, going from 9 towns to 6 and repeating that 3 times is insulting.

The new King's Bounty games (I know) show that the formula can be improved upon. There's so many dumb things in HOMM3, for example a horde of useless heroes, useless units, bland units, cheating AI etc
There is no AI in KB. The units simply go forward towards you or use skills, that's why you can play the whole game with 1 vampire. Not 1 stack of vampires, but 1 vampire.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Dungeon or Inferno next. Fuck I want both in, I love dungeon and inferno!
Inferno has to win cause, well, it's inferno. But dungeon goddammit! Fuck this voting and fuck ubisoft for letting Limbic being short on money

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Inferno has to win cause, well, it's inferno. But dungeon goddammit! Fuck this voting and fuck ubisoft for letting Limbic being short on money

In HoMM 3 Dungeon was far more fun to play, IMO. Inferno was the most boring of the regular factions (the elemental one was even more boring).

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

In HoMM 3 Dungeon was far more fun to play, IMO. Inferno was the most boring of the regular factions (the elemental one was even more boring).
I definitely prefer to play dungeon as well. But I'm pretty sure Inferno will win because it is far more iconic I'd guess compared to Dungeon.
I love blasting everything to bits with a warlock.

tindrli

Arcane

I definitely prefer to play dungeon as well. But I'm pretty sure Inferno will win because it is far more iconic I'd guess compared to Dungeon.
I love blasting everything to bits with a warlock.

you're seem to forgetting that it is FAGSOFT that we are speaking here... there is no vote... just marketing... everything else is already decided

Suicidal

Arcane
So how many races are they planning to have? One of the things that I hated the most about H6 is that they had only 5 races compared to 8 in H5 and 9 in H3 (ok, 8 too, cornflakes doesn't count as a race).

Actually now that I think about this has all the chances to be good cause:

3 was great, then 4 was mediocre/ok (even though I really liked it at the time, but they did make some questionable decisions), 5 was great, 6 was very disappointing (not bad though, I had some fun with it, but I think it's the worst in the series), so 7 should be great, right guys? Right? Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic.

whatevername

Arcane
Efreets + armageddon
100% town portal between inferno towns
Sacrifice trash to level your hero or raise demons from trash with pit lords

whitemithrandir

Erudite
I was a pretty big fan of inferno in III. I think it's one of the more interesting factions, gameplay wise. There's a lot of crazy things you can do with Inferno, like going for a massive luck hero, or stacking efreets into a wall, or rush pit lords for vorpal.

Generally, I think, if I see someone with a starting hero and a starting faction, I kind of know what I'm up against. But inferno can be bloody unpredictable.

I wouldn't mind seeing it come back.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So how many races are they planning to have? One of the things that I hated the most about H6 is that they had only 5 races compared to 8 in H5 and 9 in H3 (ok, 8 too, cornflakes doesn't count as a race).

Actually now that I think about this has all the chances to be good cause:

3 was great, then 4 was mediocre/ok (even though I really liked it at the time, but they did make some questionable decisions), 5 was great, 6 was very disappointing (not bad though, I had some fun with it, but I think it's the worst in the series), so 7 should be great, right guys? Right? Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic.

6 races planned. Haven, Academy, Stronghold and Necropolis is in. They are going to release 2 vote losers with DLCs methinks.
BTW after 5th game Dungeon is changed big time into a dark elven castle. While I love hot crazy chicks in leather, I prefer good'ol dungeon castle.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I really liked the gameplay of hommV dungeon. 100% offensive, huge mega spells(that can even crit) and high attack dudes with many that can get more than one attack.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
BTW after 5th game Dungeon is changed big time into a dark elven castle.

:what:

Fucking elf lover faggots, man. HURR DURR DRIZZT SAVE TAH FORAST OH LOOK IMA TALKING WIUTH ANIMLAS HAHAHA SO COOL LOLEX XD XD XD

So, they did this in 5 or 6? Not that I plan to touch either.

I wouldn't mind seeing it come back.

You realize a faction being in or out means nothing when the game itself could be completely different?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
BTW after 5th game Dungeon is changed big time into a dark elven castle.

:what:

Fucking elf lover faggots, man. HURR DURR DRIZZT SAVE TAH FORAST OH LOOK IMA TALKING WIUTH ANIMLAS HAHAHA SO COOL LOLEX XD XD XD

So, they did this in 5 or 6? Not that I plan to touch either.
First changed in 5, they kept it for 6.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really liked the gameplay of hommV dungeon. 100% offensive, huge mega spells(that can even crit) and high attack dudes with many that can get more than one attack.

I liked their spell casting stuff, it was great against spell resistance mobs. But their foot soldiers are the ones gave me pain. I'd like to see dark elves and dungeon as two different castles.

Edit: I actually liked a lot stuff about 5th game. Skill wheel and race specific skills were great. But moral was really overpowered in that game. I can easly crush my op.with negative moral inflicting necro as long as they are alive.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom