Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hibernaculum gets Steam page, coming Q4 2025

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Primordia "their masterpiece", was a very easy short and limited game overall.

This is my concern as well

I love the art direction, but I am 90% certain the above will be true

ds

Cipher
Patron
Can't see that because newfag. Could you give me the original source?
Sure:
https://twitter.com/Dualnames/status/1661452945676726274
https://twitter.com/WWSGames/status/1661614011857932289
https://twitter.com/modredcastleton/status/1661642008396701696
https://twitter.com/WadjetEyeGames/status/1661459051878776837
Most of those are threads and not just single tweets so you'll need a twitter account or use nitter or something to see the whole thing. Victor Pflug has also commented in the codex thread directly.

Irminsul

Literate
No idea what's true and what isn't but this sounds like some real pathetic shit.
it seems he tried to edit Primordia's Wikipedia page to list himself before me as both the game's writer and its designer
Not as embarassing as having his pronouns in his twitter bio though.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
The "original creator of Primordia" bit made me read the comments here and took me out of my lurking, if for a bit -- this is my first time hearing about the WWS drama. Back when I played Strangeland -- and I liked the game well enough -- I thought the soundtrack was forgettable, which stood out due to how personally inspired the rest of the game seemed to be (I noted as much in my Steam review, which I know MRY read). It left me with the impression that Victor Pflug was a talented visual artist, but not really a composer. My working assumption had been that MRY, being the idealist he is, simply let his friend Pflug express what he wanted with the soundtrack and didn't want to micromanage the thing. The idea that Pflug would strongarm the others into having him make a soundtrack (as he seems to have attempted, for Primordia) hadn't really occurred to me.

More nefariously it would appear that the persistent marketing of Hibernaculum these past few years was clearly intended for Pflug to build himself up an audience, after which he would try to take over WWS in a flurry of lawsuits and twitter blood sacrifice rituals. It would have been a good plan had 1) MRY not been a high-powered corporate lawyer himself 2) the entire world consisted of WWS, as it would seem Pflug thought at the time. In the real world any WWS-related drama is more akin to something like a cat fight. Fun reading, either way.

I do wish Mark and James the best. They are good people.

lightbane

Arcane
A bit of a shame that I learned about the drama after I pledged, but that will teach me to NEVER trust Kickstarter ever. But perhaps the game will turn out to be okay at least, we'll see.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
How experienced is mister plug with the blobber genre?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I think this will be a very shallow game with an interesting art direction. I don't like that, it's a massive waste of potential. In that sense it reminds me of Disco Elysium.

NotSweeper

Educated
More nefariously it would appear that the persistent marketing of Hibernaculum these past few years was clearly intended for Pflug to build himself up an audience, after which he would try to take over WWS in a flurry of lawsuits and twitter blood sacrifice rituals.
Seems like truly uncharacteristic behavior from someone that has a trans and fag flag next to his gender pronouns in his twitter description.
Generally it seems that the more crazy you are, the better blobbers you make.
Cleve isn't crazy. Apologize right now motherfucker!

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Generally it seems that the more crazy you are, the better blobbers you make.

...but is this a blobber?
I'm assuming you mean now, because I can't really think of any beloved classic blobbers created by crazy people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom