Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hipsters: The Movie

Peter

Arcane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhaT78i1x2M

Skyway, eat your heart out. The rest of us will just have to wait and see if the documentary is actually any good despite the badly groomed facial hair.

piydek

Cipher
Looks like emo faggotry but I'll surely check it out. Plus, the Super meat boy guy has Sunn o))) t-shirt. Nice.

Peter

Arcane
Yeah, the Super Meat Boys guys aren't that bad because they're just making a platformer and aren't trying to be super pretentious or anything. The Fez guy is annoying as fuck, though.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Peter said:
Yeah, the Super Meat Boys guys aren't that bad because they're just making a platformer and aren't trying to be super pretentious or anything. The Fez guy is annoying as fuck, though.

QFA

Anyways:

Indie games = only platformers or/and hipster-shit?

Am I wrong?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tel Velothi said:
Peter said:

QFA

Anyways:

Am I wrong?

Yes, you are terribly wrong.

Peter

Arcane
But sadly this movie seems to be focusing on those guys. Though, to be fair, the pretentious, retro TIG Source crowd do a lot more to put themselves out there than any other indie devs/communities, so the rest have themselves to blame, imo.

SoupNazi

i develpp new ways to communicate cause i want to communicate but i dont like having messy friends and talking

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Guys, obviously I know that indie games != "only platformers or/and hipster-shit".
I meant that in this movie (at least in the trailer) they are showing it like it is "only platformers or/and hipster-shit".

I'm kind of interested in this movie (maybe it's because I like to belive that some games are something more than just game/entertainment), but those silly-hipster-egocentric-sissys aren't my subject of interests, really.

Renegen

Arcane
Tel Velothi said:
Peter said:

QFA

Anyways:

Am I wrong?

Supply and demand. How many retards love Mario and Zelda even though they are now 20, 30 year old? Many. So these guys try to appeal to that cuteness with a bunch of cute platformers.

And actually, there are good indie games that are neither of these.

Johannes

Arcane
Wait, this is a real movie? Trailer totally looks like a parody, with really hilarious touches too like that Sunn shirt. But truth is often more amazing than fiction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom