Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hiver and The Doublepost

hiver

yup.

i have been bestoved by occasional double posting special powahs.
suckers.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
i have been bestoved.

bestoved.png

grotsnik

Arcane
I'm still unclear about that image. Why would a character representing hubris be trying to lick a turd?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I think it represents people lapping up their own shit because... y'know, arrogance.

Shannow

Waster of Time
As long as it has anything to do with oral intake of feces hiver is content. Doesn't have to make sense.

And since his constant double postings probably derive from being re-directed to other sites every once in a while I think we should cut him some slack.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
As long as it has anything to do with oral intake of feces hiver is content. Doesn't have to make sense.

He carries aloft the torch Nomask dropped when SMA cruelly crushed his hopes of having a transvestite living in his finnish closet.

hiver

so dense...

Look at how Aristotle defines hubris.
or what schadenfreude means.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Look at how much more educated Hiver is than us. He totally knows words that we don't.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
So it's actually up to DU/ the forum software guys to fix this situation?
so dense...

Look at how Aristotle defines hubris.
I actually looked it up

I felt proud, it meant I fucking instinctively guessed what makes you butthurt, which made you make a string of posts trying to say I am the one that's butthurt, even when I wasn't posting

my penis is feel good:bro:
or what schadenfreude means.
I don't think that has much to do with aristotle's definition, and it was I who taught you that word, hiver

don't start getting uppity now

still, I wish we could talk more often

Look at how much more educated Hiver is than us. He totally knows words that we don't.
yeah clearly that was an (pathetic) attempt to show how much more educashun he has than us

you should be ashamed, hiver

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Either way, boasting of how erudite you are is a pretty bad idea when

1) you use terrible grammar
2) you read pulp fantasy novels in much of your free time.

My main problem with hiver's posts is his long rambling of half sentences that usually end on a different thought to where they started. Maybe you don't care when someone passes over your post, but if you are trying to make a point when you type that way, it will probably get ignored or lost most of the time.

Also I don't mind some forum drama but this hiver-centred conflict seems to just be all over the forum and I don't really get why its so persistent. It's too meta for me to follow

Wyrmlord

Arcane
My main problem with hiver's posts is his long rambling of half sentences that usually end on a different thought to where they started. Maybe you don't care when someone passes over your post, but if you are trying to make a point when you type that way, it will probably get ignored or lost most of the time.

Also I don't mind some forum drama but this hiver-centred conflict seems to just be all over the forum and I don't really get why its so persistent. It's too meta for me to follow
Ideally, we are supposed to be a friendly, easygoing community. This is just a place to relax and discuss pop culture and videogames, as a little break from the boring grind from usual life. As such, politeness is expected; by being impolite, we are ruining everyone else's good time.

In case of this poster, we have the same issue as Emotional Vampire, Orgasm/RunningFox/BlackBartCharley, or The Nameless Prick. We have a person unusually hostile to everyone at all times at no provocation and for the smallest reason. And it leaves one puzzled; why?

Ideally, we are supposed to be a friendly, easygoing community. This is just a place to relax and discuss pop culture and videogames, as a little break from the boring grind from usual life. As such, politeness is expected; by being impolite, we are ruining everyone else's good time.

In case of this poster, we have the same issue as Emotional Vampire, Orgasm/RunningFox/BlackBartCharley, or The Nameless Prick. We have a person unusually hostile to everyone at all times at no provocation and for the smallest reason. And it leaves one puzzled; why?

I guess they just wanted attention and wanted to be memorable or something. And maybe hiver is also a bit S.P.E.C.I.A.L in the head, but mostly I guess it's attention whoring.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
WHAA! WHAA! stop being mean u big bad Finn im telling DU!
miss black cat i think ur pretty will u be my gurlfriend?
ULMINATI IS BAD! all u people in the Dwarf Fortress thread, ULMINATI IS BAD! WHAA!

/hiver

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
WHAA! WHAA! stop being mean u big bad Finn im telling DU!
miss black cat i think ur pretty will u be my gurlfriend?
ULMINATI IS BAD! all u people in the Dwarf Fortress thread, ULMINATI IS BAD! WHAA!

/hiver

:2/5:

Needs more fecal obsession to be a true hiver post.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Also lacks references to Aristotelian hubris and threats of adding you to his ignore list.

hiver

ulminati isnt bad... hes just stupid and pathetic.
obviously, there is always someone even more stupid and more than happy to prove it.
as we can see in that very example.

just another dimwitted attempt to cause some butthurt and feed the ego on it.

the rest of you are nothing but that same simple program loop running and running and running...
trying to feed ego that completely took over everything you are - with shit.

Nothing meta about it. Ego gets hurt (butthurt) - ego tries to make itself feel better. Repeats the same loop.

Using cheap dimwit logic, stupidity and projection of course, because ego is stupid in on itself and not capable of anything better.
they are not really human. just cheap ego loops running endlessly.
Thats why most of them are ignored.
i dont need to see the same pathetic loop a hundred times.

- of course they are going to go with "oh youre feeding your ego with this hiver hur hur" but no. I dont feed myself with shit and my ego doesnt really exist for a long time now.
Thats just their stupidity and that same loop talking desperately trying to make it all alright.
(Save your fantastic elucidating knowledge about what ego actually is and whatnot for someone else, mkay? No, your ego isnt - you. Shocking i know.)

Making them suffer as they do - obviously - doesnt make me feel better. Its simply C&C.

I know all of them think they should have some kind of holy license to go around and humiliate anyone in any way they can but that just makes me smile with a crocodile grin.
Nobody gets a free ride around here (i dont mean codex).

Enough of the school for today kids?
- as you were, class.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom