Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How do I stop The Witcher from saveing ssaveing to my cdrive

deuxhero

Arcane
What is with that? I have a bad quick saveing habit (I am used to a quick save a single slot reserved for it, and I get a lot of save piled up, I just had to manually delete sevreal gigs of saves (with only date to guide me to their age)

made

Arcane
Have you patched it? IIRC one of the patches reduced savegame file size to something more sane. Or maybe that was NWN2. Same shit.

Rhalle

Magister
If you want to keep, just cut and paste them do a new folder on D.

It's what I did, and it was like 5GB when I was done.

I hate that Games for Windows save in My Documents or "My Games" shit. My "My Documents" folder is on a different (slower) drive.

sheek

Arbiter
Re: How do I stop The Witcher from saveing ssaveing to my cd

deuxhero said:
How do I stop The Witcher from saveing ssaveing to my cdrive)
Uninstall.exe

DraQ

Arcane
Applegate's Breasts said:
I hate that Games for Windows save in My Documents or "My Games" shit. My "My Documents" folder is on a different (slower) drive.
This.

Games of old had their save directories inside their main directories and often were portable - you could just copy the entire directory somewhere else, and everything would work just fine.

Walkin' Dude

Liturgist
Applegate's Breasts said:

It is to make it easier to backup. Move your "My Documents" folder to a faster drive.

Walkin' Dude said:
It is to make it easier to backup. Move your "My Documents" folder to a faster drive.

Yah, I understand the reasons why, but sometimes it's mapped to a network share (i.e. "To make it easier to backup"), etc.

With some games you can muck about in the registry or the games settings files to override the default folder but it's getting to be that you can't even do that anymore.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My system partition is small. About 10 Gigs only. Cause that's all I need for a fucking system. Games come on my games hard disk. It's fucking annoying.

Also, when you reinstall your system and forgot to backup your saves - they're gone. It's retarded. My save files should go in the same folder where my fuckin' game is. Fuck.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Re: How do I stop The Witcher from saveing ssaveing to my cd

deuxhero said:
What is with that? I have a bad quick saveing habit (I am used to a quick save a single slot reserved for it, and I get a lot of save piled up, I just had to manually delete sevreal gigs of saves (with only date to guide me to their age)
"Bad" habit? Not likely. I had to save every time I did something otherwise I'd have to do it all over again the next time the game inevitably crashed on transition (or even while saving).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom