Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim?

How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim?

• 100 hours (just played it a few times)

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • 200-400 hours (average RPG gamer)

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • 400-600 hours (it's a fun game, great mods)

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 600-800 hours (I'm a TES fan, what can I say)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 800-1000 hours (true Codexer, I'm a hardcore RPG player, suck it)

Votes: 19 22.1%

• Total voters

Ryzer

Arcane
I like the Nordic aesthetics and ambience in Skyrim, I think it is fairly well done. Ironically, it's one of the rare games to not piss on Scandinavia.

Last edited:

Hell Swarm

Educated
40 hours. I had some health issues where I had nothing to do but play games and decided to try and force myself to play through Skyrim. About a decade after I tried to finish that save and both times I found the game incredibly boring. I put maybe 5 hours in the PS3 version as well I think?

Ezekiel

Arcane
124 hours. Twelve years ago. My only Elder Scrolls. Found it very average.

Laz Sundays

Educated
Being a 40 yo eastern European, I didn't ever bother having a steam account. The only game I've legally paid for is Guild Wars 2. Nice poll tho

Laz Sundays

Educated
Since it's relevant for some reason, I did play a lot of Skyrim. It's a simple kind of fun. For a couple of years, let's say. Would I ever play it again? Nah. Oblivion maybe?

Stella Brando

Arcane
It's interesting if you go back to Oblivion, suddenly everything is green... and people actually know how to make proper buildings.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I just clocked some hours in skyrim home of nords morrowind mod and with its outdated engine and modders hiccups it still gets skyrim better than skyrim. Instead of killing hagravens and bloodthirsty celtic savages you can do quests for them. There is city split between brutal nord qwan and butthurt arabs after war. Lots of gothicverticality and in some quests you get ageofdecadenced for particular choices. Also high elf ruins are gorgeous.

Cliffworms

Novice
Around 260 hours. That was back in 2011-2012.
I think 200 of those was with the same character. Maybe a few hours more for a second character I grew bored of and the rest was for modding and testing.

Skyrim is the only one in the series where I found that one character was enough. I didnt see any reason to create someone else that would do the exact same things and with quest outcomes being exactly the same.

While I have them I never bothered with the DLCs. I haven't touched it since and don't plan to.

JoacoN

Literate
Like uh, 5 hours pirated at most, start was ok, liked 2 dungeons i checked out and got the first shout, saw some spirit and did a quest for it i didn't care much about, explored like 2 towns one being winterhold, and I guess that's it, everything else is so generic I really can't remember much more than killing bandits and completing like 3 winterhold quests on a single visit cause I had already visited the dungeon they wanted me to go to

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

D0ECAAACC840392048DCEF41907A18369DCC342E

Funposter

Arcane
Probably around 600, combined, across the Xbox 360 at launch and then the vanilla and Special Edition on PC. Granted, an enormous amount of that PC playtime is testing mods (which is arguably more fun than the game itself). Actual playtime engaging with the base game content? My guess would be around 250 hours. Never finished Dawnguard or even started Dragonborn, completed the factions probably once or twice each. The joy of the game really is just in walking and doing...stuff.

Stella Brando

Arcane
My current save says 67 hours. The nine divines know how many I've played over the last 12 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom