Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment How many times have you finished Planescape: Torment?

How many times have you finished Planescape: Torment?

• Never played it.

• Never finished it.

• Once

• Twice

• Thrice

• Quadrice

• Five times!

• Six times!!

• Seven times!!!

• Eight!!!!

• Nine!!!!!

• Ten or more times

• kingcomrade option, you philistine

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
It's like that other poll, but this one is not anonymous.

Personally, I've finished it every single time I've started to play it, and I've played it probably 3-4 times in total over the years. Which is very high praise, considering how rarely I replay video games.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thrice. Twice, just doing whatever I felt like, and once as a talker, and avoiding combat for much of the game.

Humanophage

Arcane
Rule_of_three_earring.gif

None

Scholar
Twice, with about 10 years between playthroughs. One time was enough to burn the game into my memory, so any subsequent playthroughs had to wait for me to forget things. Because I'm not going to replay it for the combat or build diversity.

Twice, about 6 years apart if I recall correctly. First run I wound up CE, mostly due to the Tome of Pestilent Thought. I did a goody-2-shoes run the second time. It wasn't much different.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Exactly zero times. Tried it like 6-7 years ago for the first time, then got bored at that talking alley cutscene, and there was just too much text in general... Combat is shit but there were some interesting ideas, for sure. I think I will try it again with adjusted expectations sometimes, and pretend it's an adventure game with some bad combat tacked on.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Three times, once with a full warrior completely blind playthrough. Second one was thief and was faster due to knowladge from before. Full wisdom and intelligence mage was the last one and checked out a walkthrough to see if I miss anything.
Warrior was the most fun, mostly because it was the first. I wouldn't recomment a thief playthrough to anyone, no real thieving options other than backstabs...

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Twice, abandoned it multiple times before 2008 and after that on my attempt of the 3rd run with an evil character.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
While combat isn't great, I find that the talk about how poor it is is slightly exaggerated. It's not great, but still serviceable. I can't counter argue long spell animations, though. Just don't play a mage, maybe?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom