Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How powerful is the "whole" Nameless One?

Heresiarch

Prophet
He's a, I dunno, like, epic level fighter/thief/mage or something? Capable to murder countless guys with a big axe without a sweat, steal and sneak better than gerrat, and of course cast all kind of big nasty level 9 spells to annihilate whole armies? Not mention how he used to control vast armies and stuff.

A pity he's still powerless when he must face the eternal punishment of being brought down to the Blood War. If he's some of the regular epic NPC he will probably find a way to actually escape such fate?

How would he fare at the Blood War himself?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I always got the impression he'd kick ass in the Blood War; hell, he can on your brief trip through it to the Pillar of Skulls, no reason to believe that won't continue, especially now that's become whole and started speaking in ALL CAPS.

Not sure how escapable the Blood War is for those participating in it, though. Anyone shed any light?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I remember reading from MCA's design document that TNO was supposed to have achieved max level in all classes through all his reincarnations. This means over 9000, right? Would a high level mage be able to just teleport himself away or something?

Of course, I assume it's better for the story that even if he could get away, he wouldn't. That was kind of the point of the ending wasn't it

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Planescape: Torment 2 : Win the Blood War

Choose your side and ally with either Tanarri or Baatezu.

Or go neutral with Yugoloths. :P

Phelot

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
I always got the impression he'd kick ass in the Blood War; hell, he can on your brief trip through it to the Pillar of Skulls, no reason to believe that won't continue, especially now that's become whole and started speaking in ALL CAPS.

Not sure how escapable the Blood War is for those participating in it, though. Anyone shed any light?

I believe it's technically possible to escape the Blood War except that whatever side you bailed out on will continuously attempt to bring you back with increasing force.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Maybe his sin is so great, that there is some super cosmic power at work that prevents him from leaving the Blood War? Besides, with such power, he probably won't even bother leave it...maybe he'll simply enjoy slaughtering fiends as pass time.

And now I think of it, TNO at the end speaking in ALL CAPS is awesome. Does that means Blobert has became "whole" some time ago?

Heresiarch

Prophet
VentilatorOfDoom said:

I can already imagine such a game...a DARK MESSIAH LIKE

- It must be a FPS, like Dark Messiah/Oblivion
- You, the Nameless One, ONCE AGAIN suffer from amnesia/power drop because you freshly arrived in the underworld
- As you go kill stuff and level up, you'll receive skill points to increase in Fighter, Thief or Mage skills. JUST LIKE DARK MESSIAH
- The world design will be exactly like Oblivion's...planes of Oblivion
- Don't forget the HDR/Bloom
- TONS OF BOSS FIGHTS - from the Demon princes to the Arch Devils, you can fight them all in epic God of War style, completed with fast and furious QTE
- DLC: the almighty Buster Sword (someone post that pic here plz)

This must be the most awesome game title rape evar. Hope some of the Bioware or even EA guys see it.

:yeah:

hakuroshi

Augur
I always thought that for NO going to Blood War is more like a new beginning then final punishment. But it is not known (at least for me) in what capacity he is sent there. Did he retain his former powers in all classes, or gained some new instead after the reunion (or even both). Or is he a petitioner (i.e. retains some of his personality and memories but equivalent to 1-st level in power).
If first is true he may eventually dominate the Blood War if unable to escape. He may unite Abyss and Nine Hells howewer impossible or end the war. It was ended actually in newer DnD :)

Lumpy

Arcane
Hate me if you must, but I think a TNO action game would actually be cool.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
TNO is uber powerful at the end, but he isn't a god. In Planescape (and Forgotten Realms which I believe uses the same cosmology), the rule of thumb is that there is always something more powerful than you. Mechanically that's useful for a DM who wants to keep challenging the party no matter how broken they are, but lore wise it means TNO probably isn't going to escape the blood war, even if he ends up being a major player in it. He seemed pretty accepting of his fate, anyway.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Heresiarch said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:

I can already imagine such a game...a DARK MESSIAH LIKE

- It must be a FPS, like Dark Messiah/Oblivion
- You, the Nameless One, ONCE AGAIN suffer from amnesia/power drop because you freshly arrived in the underworld
- As you go kill stuff and level up, you'll receive skill points to increase in Fighter, Thief or Mage skills. JUST LIKE DARK MESSIAH
- The world design will be exactly like Oblivion's...planes of Oblivion
- Don't forget the HDR/Bloom
- TONS OF BOSS FIGHTS - from the Demon princes to the Arch Devils, you can fight them all in epic God of War style, completed with fast and furious QTE
- DLC: the almighty Buster Sword (someone post that pic here plz)

This must be the most awesome game title rape evar. Hope some of the Bioware or even EA guys see it.

:yeah:

I made this proposal a while ago in the hope that Bethesda would hire me alongside Propser to design it. Yet to hear from them, I'll assume the email got erroneously filtered.

Planescape: Torment 2: Vhailor's Vengeance

As the legendary armour-clad enforcer of justice, you find yourself awakened after a century-long slumber by a mysterious force voiced by David Hayter. All you know is that the hero you once followed has been condemned to fight in some war between demons or some shit, and, with axe in hand, you set out to put things right and rescue the Nameless Hero who saved the universe (didn't he? Emil, check that out if you get the chance. Actually, nah, don't bother). And all who stand before you will learn... fate carries an executioner's axe.

Quests will include "collect 5 special ingredients to lay the ghost of Deionarra to rest", and "a shady fellow in the Smokin' Body Bar has asked me to find out what can change the nature of a man. I should use my mini Modron's built-in GPS to find the cult which allegedly knows the answer".

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
I made this proposal a while ago in the hope that Bethesda would hire me alongside Propser to design it.
:salute:

I can only cry imagining the beauty of the nameless turd.

This thread reminds me that I have left Torment half finished and forgotten. Gonna finish it soon, and then I can join you others in complaining that there are no good games left to play. Well still got Arcanum and a few others as well, but I'll get there. :M

Edit: Any high resolution patch available for this game? The original is a bit painful.

racofer

Thread Incliner
15f1tvs.jpg

I can see normal unimportant people escaping from the Blood War. I can't see TNO escaping, he was specifically placed there by the combined might of gods in the multiverse because they would never forgive him for his crime. As soon as he escaped I would expect some god would appear in front of him, wag his finger and teleport TNO right back in. TNO already tried pretty much every trick in the book to get some god backing him before he resorted to immortality. The fact that he couldn't find a single random insane chaotic neutral god to help him out means he's probably eternally fucked unless he becomes a god himself.

He definitely has a high chance of becoming incredibly powerful in the Blood War. After combining with TTO he's got to be somewhere on the level of god or demigod, being able to completely make his own plane and raise people from the dead at will. Being one of the wisest beings in the planes and charismatic enough to lead the planes to war (something like that) is nothing to skip over as well, assuming we take those at face value. He's not going to end up tricked into being some higher demon's pawn like any stupid high level character that thinks the blood war is a good place to gain power. Plus he gains +1 stat point every level and has the perfect multiclassing scheme. That's got to be the most imbalanced starting advantages ever.

Personally, I've always felt that TNO's original incarnation and sin was the PC from MotB, since only something like killing gods and permanently depriving them of their power is something that could get every god in the multiverse to hate you. That could possibly make him the most powerful being in the multiverse already if true. The only reason he goes to the Blood War is because he wants to personally atone for his sins and is now too enlightened to care about controlling the planes.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
TNO is over level 9000 in all classes but he is still small time compared to big players in hells. In later levels power in DnD comes from worship not only from character power.

He would be a competent commander or shock trooper but nothing more.

Relay

Educated
Malakal said:
TNO is over level 9000 in all classes but he is still small time compared to big players in hells. In later levels power in DnD comes from worship not only from character power.

He would be a competent commander or shock trooper but nothing more.

Dude you should be reading some about D&D lore. It's not all about raw power either. Mortal tricksters can wreak havoc. Cyric was a mortal when he annihilated the god of murder, Bhaal.

TNO reunited with all his old personalities, experience, knowledge of the planes would be totally über. While he's no match to greater deities he could be really fucking shit up for lots of the intermediate and lowly demonic powers. TNO a shock trooper ? He could spend aeons prepping a plan to gain a deity's power.

For some reason in D&D, just having high magical power doesn't necessarily grant wit or high intelligence. There are lots of stories about mortals fucking gods and taking their power.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dont forget Cyric did this during Time of Troubles and thats a special case. I mean just look at any books about godlike powers (doesnt necessarily have to be immortal handbook though) or see the stats for Asmodeus.

TNO reunited with his mortality and made whole wouldnt be able to stand against more powerful demons, thats because his final act actually made him WEAKER. Now he is in domain that is not his own, without prepared components and spells, without weapons or even a mortal body. His knowledge alone wont be enough.

Anyway 2ED doesnt really give a lot of HP even for high level warriors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom