Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How to survive in RPGcodex for dummies

sleepy

Novice
GoldLeader said:
Some were a third of a smile worth so maybe not a total loss.
My take though is that to survive codex one just needs not to post: random l33t crap or stupid questions without researching first. Or one can do whatever and not get offended for the backslash. Or if one's so witty and funny that it hurts, hell, then the actual content doesn't matter.

Easiest is to just say something only when you have something useful to contribute. This applies to many forums. I can't say I make the best case with my rare posts (lurker), but anyway..

franc kaos

Liturgist
GoldLeader said:
1. Remember that Fallout is THE epitome of RPG gaming. Fallout 2 sucks...
2. Oblivion sucks. No, wait ALL TES games suck.
3. Pretty much, EVERYTHING sucks, when compared to Fallout, but some games are considered good. (Planescape:Torment Gothic and some other chosen RPG's)
4. Modern day RPG's suck.
5. Fallout 3 will suck.
Fallout was a great RPG, I never finished 2, so yea, it probably did suck.

Oblivion is a great game, it's just a pisspoor RPG. Many here loved Daggerfall, and even Arena (as did I).

P:T is good, so is Gothic2 (never played 1), and lots of old RPGs that I thought were crap dungeon/maze bashs are remembered fondly here, Dark Sun, SSI etc. Also Baldurs Gate.

Fallout and Daggerfall showed the beginnings of a genre that never panned out (which explains the angry cunts bit).

4 deserves a special mention - it should have read 'modern day games suck'. Honestly, the only original game on the horizon is Spore, every game is designed by committee, who assume the only people who want to buy their product are 13 year old boys. 10 years ago you'd have gotten as many original games a year, now it's one every five years.

Fallout 3? Should be a good first person shooter with risque nods to prossies and drugs - meh, I'm waiting for Duke Nukem Forever (should be out this year).

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Some people think Oblivion is great. Some people also enjoy mutilating their genitals with forks. It's just the way things work.

7th Circle

Scholar
Greatatlantic said:
The real "survive the Codex" rules.

snip

That's a pretty good list. :)

This actually is a fairly friendly site (*dodges bullets*) if you appreciate the social norms operating.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"This actually is a fairly friendly site"

Fuck you, jerkwad.

voodoo1man

Liturgist
GoldLeader said:
Legal Bullshit: I was totally bored and decided to create something funny. If you, for no apparetn reason will call me dipshit, lame as loser, stupid idiot, call my country stupid idiots and won't understand that this is for plain fun only, then please, remove yourself from this planet. You're breathing the air that was ment for the smart people.

Hey you lame as loser stupid idiot dipshit, shut your fucking cock receptacle and go back to your country of stupid idiots, we don't want any of you foreigners here. You people smell funny and have AIDS. Latvia is just the garbage dump of the Baltics and it's populated by little Hitlers. As a matter of fact I just bought an airplane ticket to that Hitlerland today, and it is the stupidest thing I have ever done. Why am I such a stupid idiot, why??

Oh wait, I just realized it's because I'm from Latvia too!

WHY GOD WHY!!??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

GoldLeader said:
7. Remember that most people here are from Russia, probably read Udaff.com and drink vodka. Preved, scuki! (I, myself am from Latvia)

Go choke on a dick, little Hitler.

copx said:
I do not flame Latvians, that would be unfair.

Go choke on a dick, little Hitler sympathizer.

kingcomrade said:
blablabla

Go choke on a dick, Hitler.

Greatatlantic said:
The real "survive the Codex" rules.

If this was a contest, you would be TEH WINNAR! I mean it.

PS - I hope I can breathe all the air that was meant for the smart people here so you fuckers would choke to death.

PPS - The #1 rule of surviving the Codex is: do not piss off Roqua, do not stare Roqua right in the eyes, do not drop your soap while in the shower with Roqua, and as a matter of fact you should avoid showering with Roqua or spending any considerable amount of time near him. Also, if Major Blackheart offers you candy to get in his van, he's lying.

tuss

Novice
7th Circle said:
Volourn said:

Fuck you, jerkwad.

Meanwhile, Volourn tries, yet again, to understand the concept of social norms. ;)

i think i'm going to enjoy this forum. hehe, all thouse nice people, and everyone play nice

Lurkar

Scholar
tuss said:
7th Circle said:
Volourn said:

Fuck you, jerkwad.

Meanwhile, Volourn tries, yet again, to understand the concept of social norms. ;)

i think i'm going to enjoy this forum. hehe, all thouse nice people, and everyone play nice

Are you pretty?

'Cause I can help you enjoy this place a whole lot more, is all I'm saying...

FrancoTAU

Cipher
GoldLeader said:
7. Remember that most people here are from Russia, probably read Udaff.com and drink vodka. Preved, scuki! (I, myself am from Latvia)

What the fuck do you know? Isn't your leader Dr.Doom?

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, I don't think the list should be that complicated.
It's not that the codex is a very hostile place, it is only hostile for stupid people. While other boards tolerate or promote stupidity, here the stupid person gets its deserved punishment.
On the other hand, you can have the most interesting and intelligent discussions about RPGs and games in general here (yeah, its rare but it happens sometimes)

So:
1. Don't be stupid. Don't write stupid things, don't ask stupid questions which have been answered already a hundred times ("so...why do you don't like Morrowind, I mean its the best RPG evar, isnt it?"), don't be a stupid fanboi, don't use stupid 733t speak as long as you don't mean it ironicly

2. Don't be a whinney pussy, prepare to talk a few (many?) insults, take it like a man, don't cry about it. Aint no nazi moderator here you can complain to

3. NEVER click the links (especially Nicolai's)

4. Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Halo 3 will suck

Spazmo

Erudite
Rule #1: Don't post this kind of thread. It gives people the vague impression that there are rules, when there aren't. See, if we don't lay down any explicit rules, then we can later do stuff completely arbitrarily and claim it was justified by a rule we haven't told you about. It's the Tarkin Doctrine, you see. We can't rule by naked force, so we have to rule by the fear of force.

Slylandro

Scholar
Other rules:

- Don't start an entire thread just to introduce yourself. If your first post is a thread start, at least talk about RPGs and not the weather.
- Don't have a whole forum dedicated to you... http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewforum ... &start=300
- Don't post links to pictures of yourself, unless you want to witness the miracles of photoshop

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom