Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline I don't actually like RPGs

Do you like RPGs?

• Total voters

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
You remind me of my brother. He didn't like certain foods. But when you trick him into eating them. He realizes it wasn't so bad. And actually likes them. In other words. I think you just played the wrong games. Go play Age of Decadence. It will prepare you for the awesomeness of Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game! Then you can sort yourself out by playing some Knights of the Chalice. Afterwards, brush your teeth with some Dark Sun and Ravenloft.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I mean, there is some appeal to playing them, I guess. But not much beyond the novelty of playing a game for the first time. Or something. Perhaps I will go back and replay one of them someday. But there's nothing interesting about the genre itself. I guess I actually WOULD prefer playing strategy games instead. RPGs just kind of make me wish I were playing some kind of action-adventure game or something. Stats and equipment are boring. Excessive dungeon crawls and magic battles are boring. That shit is for autists. Roleplaying? WTF? Who cares? At least it's still just a video game. On the other hand, actual Tabletop RPGs... actual roleplay... that's just absurd. Who in his right mind would choose that as a hobby? Are you all aliens or something?

You're fuckin dead

Glop_dweller

Prophet
I'd rather play popamole than spreadsheets.
I see the term 'spreadsheets' used a lot—as a pejorative, but computers need numerical values to compare.
A PC's stats are the limitations that give a sense of their physical and emotional aspects; where a Charisma of 9 and a Charisma of 2 could mean the difference between Tony Robbins and Tony Clifton.

This should affect their effect upon others, and how they are treated in kind. All other stats should be similarly extrapolated for their own effects upon what the PC can and cannot accomplish—or get away with. ;)

Skills too. The PC should be able to succeed or (more importantly) fail by their own aptitudes; the skills and talents they have.

What passes for RPGs these days are mostly empowerment fantasy. :(

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I don't actually like furfaggots but I don't go to your websites to make attention seeking threads about that fact. If you don't like RPGs you should self eject and go to reddit. You'll find a place to get info on and discuss whatever games you are actually into. Nobody expects you to like RPGs or any particular hobby until you join a fan community devoted to that hobby.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
This should affect their effect upon others, and how they are treated in kind. All other stats should be similarly extrapolated for their own effects upon what the PC can and cannot accomplish—or get away with. ;)
unreal.png
Ah... so it is just empowerment fantasy that you want—not role playing.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I don't actually like furfaggots but I don't go to your websites to make attention seeking threads about that fact. If you don't like RPGs you should self eject and go to reddit. You'll find a place to get info on and discuss whatever games you are actually into. Nobody expects you to like RPGs or any particular hobby until you join a fan community devoted to that hobby.
imagine thinking you can discuss things on reddit

unreal.png
Ah... so it is just empowerment fantasy that you want—not role playing.
dafuq you say bitch. you spoke about decline so I rated it decline. I don't give a shit about either

Glop_dweller

Prophet
It's odd how many times Planescape [superb RPG IMO] gets aspersed by calling it a book; as in "If I wanted to read a book, I would not have played a game". Fantastic RPG.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Is everything that's not an RPG ‘popamole’? I don't remember saying I preferred Xbox 360 games. I'm capable of playing RPGs. But the gameplay gives me no real enjoyment at all. All of the entertainment would be from other aspects, but those are crap most of the time too. Your hobby is shit and so are you.

Zibniyat

Arcane
You could have it worse OP. You could be liking garbage RPGs, which are most of them especially the popular ones, and discussing them at length in their megathreads. Imagine, for instance, participating in discussions about Mass Effect romances.

There are good RPGs and you are free to make a thread about them, to discuss something you found interesting. At least you have a choice to not be a connoisseur of shit like many here who discuss them at length regardless of how shallow and retarded the topic is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom