Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I don't know guys, Assassin's Creed 2's pretty f. awesome

MetalCraze

Arcane
Because Ubi Montreal stopped making it in favour of a more consolized, mini-game/collectible ridden Ass Creed and you could see Conviction ideas (e.g. Jason Bourne-like gameplay, using crowds to stay unnoticed/get to the target in a big city in particular) all over it

Jim Cojones

Prophet
ecliptic said:
If you're playing legit, it's rather lame to have to pay $4 to get a missing piece of storyline though. Hooray, DLC!
I think the PC version has all the chapters and only console games had them as a DLC. What is lame though, is buying a game with new Ubi DRM.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS NOT COOL PRINSE OF PERSIA IOS ONE OF THE BEST GAMERS EVEN THOUGH IT IS NEXT GEN 3D POPAMOLE IT IS GOOD YOU ARE ALL FAGS PRINSE OPF PERSOIA AND NWN ARE THE BEST NEW GAMES THIS DECAFDE

ecliptic

Liturgist
Yeah, the whole 'must be online' thing is quite ridiculous. Again, I can't help but imagine stunts like that are what turn legit customers into pirates. Pretty soon all games are just going to be streamed through a remote viewer, and you'll only have the most time critical portions installed on your PC.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
AC1 would have been a great game with a few minor improvements that it sounds like AC2 mostly made. Still need to set up the workaround, when I get around it I'll see if that's really the case but I'm hopeful.

Wait, no, sorry, it came out for the Xbox and stuff!!! POPAMOLE LOL +WF+AWGI)SEH)JKSRH{hdhdh

Armacalypse

Scholar
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
AC1 would have been a great game with a few minor improvements that it sounds like AC2 mostly made. Still need to set up the workaround, when I get around it I'll see if that's really the case but I'm hopeful.
I was pretty surprised how good those "few minor improvements" have made this game compared to the original. They replaced most of the repetitive and tedious gameplay with fun missions, sidequest and platforming, improved combat a bit by adding more weapons and gadgets (but also made it worse because it's even easier than the original), added a bunch of stealth- and assassination-related mechanics, and maybe most importantly they massively improved world design. The buildings aren't all copy pasted, and it's so big getting around the gameworld is the most tedious thing in the game (except for climbing those towers to expand the map).

It's great for a "next-gen" game, and if they had implemented a good combat system and better stealth it would be worthy of even Codex approval.

Twinkle

Liturgist
In other unrelated news, x-brick edition is already available for non-removal from the inventory. In b4 "there is no such thing as non-removal from the inventory on consoles" by UbiShit execs.

MetalCraze

Arcane
^It still has the retarded quest compass and flashing visual effects telling you where to go making quests ultradull as they don't require any other input from the player besides twitching spacebar while jumping from roof to roof to the objective as well as heavily limiting you in ways you can reach and kill the target so I don't know what was really improved as it's very meh still. And enemies are shown on the radar :roll:
Not mentioning retarded stuff like "step 5 meters away from the rails or a couple of blocks we gave you to play in - restart" / "kill 4 civilians - restart". The last one is easy to explain because the world is very passive. You can just run around, punch random people in the face and noone will react (down to walking by like nothing happened while you butcher someone) because there are no other ways in games to stop you from easily wiping out the whole town

And the buildings are very copy-pasted.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Its made a lot of improvements on AC1, which wasn't hard and the scenery still looks nice, even if the people don't.

The problem is that its way too easy and you never really need to either plan, or sneak. At least the main character was a bit more likeable this time around. I reckon its a 7/10 or so.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I actually didn't mind the easy combat, because it was entertaining and looked just like a Zorro or pirate movie.

And yea, Ezio was a much more likable character than Altair.

Achilles

Arcane
Why the hell aren't they making thief 4?

Hmm, now that I think about it, it will probably be an AC2 mod, kinda like Oblivion---> Fallout 3. Still, I'd like to play it :(

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I lol'd when one of my friends said he ordered AC2 to get the satisfaction of having an original copy.

Yeah, and the satisfaction of the buttfuck of the original DRM, I replied.

'Big deal, I have stable internets'.

Some people's naivety, willingness to take everything up the arse and an absolute lack of opposition never fails to astound me.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Not mentioning supporting crappy games and crappy devs.
The game is so ridiculously easy I don't understand how anyone can find it interesting to play. It's so easy it's basically a trip from one cutscene to another.
Hitman Blood Money and Hitman 1 are still kings when it comes to games of this type.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Blood Money was pretty fucking easy as well, given the way bullets bounced off you like you were the Terminator even on the hardest difficulty and you could launch anyone around the room with ridiculously OTT ragdoll with a few bursts from your ballers. It was just so gratifying and rewarding to pull off a perfect kill that you did it anyway.

Vibalist

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Blood Money was pretty fucking easy as well, given the way bullets bounced off you like you were the Terminator even on the hardest difficulty and you could launch anyone around the room with ridiculously OTT ragdoll with a few bursts from your ballers. It was just so gratifying and rewarding to pull off a perfect kill that you did it anyway.

What do you mean? You died from maybe 5 shots on Pro.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:

Hm, I could've sworn getting into gunfights was a bad idea on Professional unless you get the first shot. Maybe you purchased bullet-proof jackets?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
treave said:
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:

Hm, I could've sworn getting into gunfights was a bad idea on Professional unless you get the first shot. Maybe you purchased bullet-proof jackets?

Maybe I'm remembering slightly wrongly - I only played like that once or twice - but it was either that or enemies were just braindead, missed all the time or spent too much time gaping and fisting themselves. Either way, I barely died when playing run-and-gun on professional, found the first game a lot harder by comparison.

Korgan

Arbiter
Hell yes. Awesome varied gameplay, LOTS of sidequests and distractions, every frame looks totally iconic, a gripping story too (read the spoilers, it's predictable but the unfolding global conspiracy is nicely done, with apt historical references everywhere). Almost zero present-day bullshit with that fucktarded nigger Desmond.
My only gripe is how the enemies still stand around and wait while you counter-kill one, painfully obvious when the camera doesn't jump. You can just turn in every direction with a dagger spamming LMB and RMB, and go through 15 guards in 20 seconds. And if all else fails, there's always the Killing Rooftop Edge of Death. Does all that get any better on Hard?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom