Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I just finished Arcania AND Might and Magic IX!!!!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
:yeah:

Beat that all you "I only play 94/100 and above PC Gamer approved shit" or "I only play what the Codex says is good" people! I not only finished TWO turds, but turds that were panned by the mainstream as well!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
ARCANIA LP. NOW.

I was wondering why you'd been keeping more quiet lately. Now I know.
So... had fun? :M

Antediluvian

Educated
Now start up Ultima IX for the ultimate "Brain Gone AWOL" cocktail to be complete. It'll be right up your masochistic alley

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Sceptic said:
ARCANIA LP. NOW.

I was wondering why you'd been keeping more quiet lately. Now I know.
So... had fun? :M

Fun? Well...I survived at least.....It was strange, you could almost see a half decent game in there somewhere, just that Spellbound didn't know how to make one.

For all you clamoring for an LP, patience, I've made the 'witty' notes, tok the screens and the odd vid. Now i have to collate them and figure out how to post it all. Will take time, but it will be up here for all to enjoy eventually. ;)

Unkillable Cat said:
Did you suffer any drain bamage?

M&M9 while obviously unfinished(barely started?) was actually not that bad with the patch as Luzur says. Sure it was missing all the exploration that is a staple of M&M, but combat was similar and some of the dungeons were quite good.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
commie said:
It was strange, you could almost see a half decent game in there somewhere,

No. You couldn't. There wasn't even a single trace of anything good appearing in Arcania. It's a game with absolutely no positive sides, nor even slightest marks that a positive aspect might have been included somewhere, but it was fucked up or cut or whatever. There is just nothing good about it. Nothing. NOTHING.

NOTHING!!!!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We are proud of you comrade. :salute: You sacrificed yourself for all of us.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In before "Arcania wasn't THAT bad after all" and later "Arcania is good for what it is" :M

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Darth Roxor said:
commie said:

No. You couldn't. There wasn't even a single trace of anything good appearing in Arcania. It's a game with absolutely no positive sides, nor even slightest marks that a positive aspect might have been included somewhere, but it was fucked up or cut or whatever. There is just nothing good about it. Nothing. NOTHING.

NOTHING!!!!
Butthurt detected. :smug:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Darth Roxor said:
commie said:

NOTHING!!!!

The locations were ok. ;) Some of them at least. :M

The impression I got was that what little ability Spellbound had and what few funds and time Jowood gave to them was spent on the locations and the whole storyline and quests were just some lame fan made crap, though of course any fan of anything Gothic would never release such things.

Ironically I actually liked the combat! Not because it was any good, but because it was so retardedly simple that it made going through the game a much quicker and consequently less painful exercise.

Oh and the voice acting of the witch on Feshyr I'd have to rate as the most hilariously bad thing I've EVER heard. Worse than any piss poor Russian English in a game like Planet Alcatraz or any amateur made VO ever. How anyone could have let that out the door without the slightest feeling of shame or embarrassment is unfathomable. A bit like the overall game really...

Now for Ultima IX.....though I think I'll have to finish some proper Ultimas to have a frame of reference.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
commie said:
Oh and the voice acting of the witch on Feshyr I'd have to rate as the most hilariously bad thing I've EVER heard.
I hope you took a video :)

Anyway :salute: not only for going through the game, but also having the foresight to take screenshots and notes. Looking forward to the LP, it's gonna be GLORIOUS.

SkeleTony

Augur
Worse than the voice acting in Wizardry Gold?! That sounds BAD!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom