Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I just played Space Siege

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was in the bin for 3€.
Not even closely worth that.

You could probably sum it up with "Hahaha, oh my god.".
I recommend it to anyone who wants to have some good laughs.

Has anyone finished this "game"? I seriously can't. It's just too bad for me to stomach.

Sorry for making this topic. I just had to share my pain/amusement with you guys ;)

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
After trying DS1 and DS2, I couldn't find balls big enough for sale anywhere that would allow me trying Space Siege.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
On the other hand, the new Alien Breed provided me with some minutes of old-school entertainment...

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alien Breed?

Is that similar to Alien Shooter/Zombie Shooter? Those games are awesome. But that really does not belong in general RPG I guess ;)

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
I finished it. My god, I was so bored that summer I was nearly comatose. So it was the perfect game for someone who couldn't be bothered with a game demanding more than mindlessly clicking away. Only the final boss required something resembling an active mind (active enough to recognize a pattern, at least).

I don't hate on DS1 (never played DS2) as much as the most vocal detractors on the Codex, but I never thought much of it either. Still, Space Siege has got to be one of the biggest disappointments of the decade, meaning it was far, far worse than even the most jaded, cynical, couldn't-give-a-rat's-ass-about-these-clickfests monocle wearing individual could imagine.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Wow, you have my respect. Let me guess, you stay inside those same-looking walls forever?

I find it funny that the game manages to have the worst controls ever in any H&S game. No mouse wheel, nothing. Click the ability icons or press the numbers. And that's only the top op the iceberg.

circ

Arcane
I finished it. If you played through without cybernetics you got to fuck the chick. MORE C&C THAN A BIOWARE GAME!!!

Why is this in RPG though?

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
circ said:
I finished it. If you played through without cybernetics you got to fuck the chick.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game copied the shittiest element of Bioware design, meaning the way you played regarding cybernetics didn't really matter, since the ending you got depended on a single choice near the end.

Far more ambitious and celebrated RPGs games are guilty of the same though, so I don't count it among Space Siege's fatal flaws.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
I finished it and admittedly enjoyed it. Of course i installed all the available cybernetic upgrades and danced furiously on the dead body of the final boss.
I liked the upgrade system, but the skill tree was very poor. The dilemma of losing your human side and becoming a robot was stupid.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
thesheeep said:
Alien Breed?

Is that similar to Alien Shooter/Zombie Shooter? Those games are awesome. But that really does not belong in general RPG I guess ;)

I dunno. Alien Breed (by Team17) was very popular back in the old age. Team17 just grabbed the UEngine and made a remake of their own game with 3d GFX and all the new shit (lights, pew pew, stuff).
It is really really cool.

I wish more remade were made with such a level of fidelity to the original, gameplay-wise. This is how a remade should be: SAME EXACT gameplay, and updated technology/visuals/sound.

Black

Arcane
I'll never understand you people who buy games without any good reasons.

Games are serious business and so is buying them. You should only make a purchase after series of quality testing:
-previews (including the ones from prestigious RPGCodex™)
-screenshots
-gameplay videos
-demos, if the are any
-reviews (only from prestigious RPGCodex™)
-full version demos ( :M )

I swear, you're like a woman in a wallmart or something. Buying anything that "you may use later", "looks interesting" and so on.

LoPan

Learned
thesheeep said:
You're forgetting about buying a game "for the lulz".

Yeah but then you get home and find that you now know what Space Siege is, and that is not so much knowledge as it is a form of sadness.

Chaotic Lulz3r said:
circ said:
I finished it. If you played through without cybernetics you got to fuck the chick.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game copied the shittiest element of Bioware design, meaning the way you played regarding cybernetics didn't really matter, since the ending you got depended on a single choice near the end.

Yes and no.

Endings

If Seth destroys PILOT, and has proceeded through the game as completely human, the game ends with Seth and Gina being romantically involved.

If Seth destroys PILOT, but has undergone cybernetic augmentation, he and Gina discuss their victory, and Seth reflects that the loss of some of his humanity was a price that had to be paid for their survival.

If Seth sides with PILOT, regardless of undergoing cybernetic augmentation or not, PILOT has the ship's remaining population (including a protesting Gina), forcibly converted into cyborgs. In the ending movie, the cyborg Gina contacts another human colony ship in order to lure them into a trap so their population can be converted as well.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
LoPan said:
thesheeep said:
You're forgetting about buying a game "for the lulz".

Yeah but then you get home and find that you now know what Space Siege is, and that is not so much knowledge as it is a form of sadness.

That would be true if I played it to the end. But I stopped the moment when I realized that I would end up being sad and frustrated, as you describe.
Until then, I had much fun. Like watching Turkish Star Wars. Okay, not quite that much fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom