Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I Might have influenced creation of New Vegas?

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
Back in 2007 when Fallout 3 got realeased in a first week or so I remember trolling Beth forums and actually making a poll asking who would most people prefer to make Fallout 3. Surprisingly enough Beth wasnt the first choice at all on their own forums and from existing companies Obsidian was #1 till mods closed down all those topics. Is it possible that some people at beth could have looked at results and figure that Obsidian would be a good choice to create another Fallout game since most fans prefered them?

Those polls are gone away from beth forums forever now but there is still some evidence that they existed.
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... ht=#358171

So might I be responsible of an incline of Fallout or Beth would have went for Obsidian regardless?

Destroid

Arcane
It's hard to say really. We don't even know who would make a decision like that, Bethesda devs, Bethesda publisher or some big wigs at Zenimax.

CrimHead

Scholar
Yes, you personally influenced new Vegas's devlopment. Right now Todd Howard is saying "thank you, thank you mugarod for making this all possible. We are rich richer thanks to you."

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When Fallout 3 was announced I registered on Beth forums and tried to contribute to creating a better game. Mind you by that I didnt mean screaming for change into isometric view and turn based combat (I know it would be impossible) but actually making better gameplay. I made few topics like to recommend making crafting system where you could, Arcanum style, create useful stuff from junk, it got very good feedback only problem is that Bethesda implementation was a bit crappy as every other game element.

So yeah iam responsible for crafting system in F3, if you liked that part of the game you can thank me, paypal donations are welcomed.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
My wallet influenced the production of both, Fallout 3 and New Vegas.... oh wait... didn't buy either. :smug:

But as soon I get some money... I will get New Vegas

Multi-headed Cow

I bought Fallout 3 for $50 and then Fallout 3 GotY for $25. Then I asked for FNV for Christmas so that is the equivalent of buying it for $50, and I might buy DLC piecemeal on Steam depending on price and content and if Obsidian games them as opposed to Bethesda.

Micmu

Magister
Well, obviously it was Zionmax. They got the license and only one game, no developers. They had to milk it further and ubsidian was the cheapest subcontractor since they were desperate.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I think it's not an accident that Bethesda approached Obsidian for New Vegas not long after Aliens RPG got cancelled.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I once pitched an idea to a certain John Milton, it was about man's first disobedience and the fall of an anthropomorphic Angel called Lucifer. I believe he wrote a book based on my idea without crediting me, the tosser.

mugarod

Liturgist
Hahaha yeah you guys are right me being influence is just absurd. I mean developer actually reading its own forums and taking ideas from it, especially Bethesda. Oh I feel so silly now, sorry to disturb peace here everyone.

CrimHead said:
Yes, you personally influenced new Vegas's devlopment. Right now Todd Howard is saying "thank you, thank you mugarod for making this all possible. We are rich richer thanks to you."
:lol:

dextermorgan

Arcane
markec said:
When Fallout 3 was announced I registered on Beth forums and tried to contribute to creating a better game. Mind you by that I didnt mean screaming for change into isometric view and turn based combat (I know it would be impossible) but actually making better gameplay. I made few topics like to recommend making crafting system where you could, Arcanum style, create useful stuff from junk, it got very good feedback only problem is that Bethesda implementation was a bit crappy as every other game element.

So yeah iam responsible for crafting system in F3, if you liked that part of the game you can thank me, paypal donations are welcomed.

I made a topic called cinematic criticals which suggested using camera effects and other stuff to help translate wonderful Fallout death animations into 3d. So yes, I'm likely responsible for those awful slow-mo VATS gibs.

mugarod

Liturgist
Bros, do you think I should write Bethesda an angry letter, that they forgot to put my name in the credits? How much do you think I can sue them for? Hmm maybe I can win Fallout franchise from them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom