Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I quit my job to go Full Time Indie!

theweirdn8

Educated
Hey fellow RPGers

After seeing so many other posts similar to this I thought I should make my own thread about it.

Yesterday I quit my job to go full time indie. Currently, my 1st game is being finished and I'm quite excited.

{I wrote a blog post here.}

Please read it and let me know what you think.

I look for your wisdom and support in this huge life endeavor.

Last edited:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I just hope you didn't burn any bridges because you're gonna be running back on them pretty fucking fast when reality hits you.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey fellow RPGers

After seeing so many other posts similar to this I thought I should make my own thread about it.

Yesterday I quit my job to go full time indie. Currently, my 1st game is being finished and I'm quite excited.

{I wrote a blog post here.}

Please read it and let me know what you think.

I look for your wisdom and support in this huge life endeavor.
You quit your job BEFORE your first game is released? What if it is shit and will be a big flop? I hop you didn't burn up all the bridges.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I guess economy is so good that people can afford doing this.

Caim

Arcane
Well then, I hope that you won the lottery prior to this descision or have someone who provides income for your household.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well good luck bro, the consensus is that you've taken a big risk and the probability of success is low. I think Fargo and most other entrepreneurs would advise you to expect failure, lot's of soul crushing failure but if you're persistent enough maybe one day you'll succeed, hopefully before despair and insanity take hold.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not going to click on your blog, but Gareth Fouchebag did this years ago and he's yet to release his dumb CCG even though he expected to finish it within a year.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

curry

Arcane
you made the right choice :troll:

dont listen to these other people, they are just jealous that they're not game developers like you

Machine

Arbiter
Never understood need for emotional fulfillment from some job, they all become a chore sooner or later. Just go for maximum cash per life wasted.

Also fuck indie games

Vibalist

Arcane
Good for you, and I really mean that. At least you're doing what you want, though I hope you have a back up plan.

theweirdn8

Educated
If you read any of the recent updates you understand the game art has been changed post-KickStarter. That was what the KickStarter was for to buy graphics and music.

Also, thanks for all of the "internet support" there. Have faith and we shall see wonders together.

zwanzig_zwoelf

If you read any of the recent updates you understand the game art has been changed post-KickStarter. That was what the KickStarter was for to buy graphics and music.

Also, thanks for all of the "internet support" there. Have faith and we shall see wonders together.
Could you also buy the gameplay, plox?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
You could not have picked a worse time to go indie.

Ignore the news about indies on PS3 and other things. The crash is coming soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom