Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I'm thinking of doing a LP

Shoelip

Arbiter
That's not entirely true. Sometimes you're actually trying to kill the guys as part of a mission. Then you don't want them to leave you alone. The game does get immensely tedious though, even more so than Assassin's Creed since they don't have the cool rooftop running that lets you actually get away from enemies rather than having to stop to kill them all the time.

Ok, I'll let it go a little longer and see if anything somehow beats SR 2.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
fastpunk said:
entertainer said:
fastpunk said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
fastpunk said:
Do Far Cry 2.
You have to out of your fucking mind.

Why?

the game is so boring its not worth lp

I haven't played it. Truth be told, I said Far Cry 2 because I wanted to see how it is. So it's that bad huh?
You can't even imagine what a fucking piece of shit it is. Everybody who dare to say that this game is "good" will be round up under a wall and shot.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WhiskeyWolf said:
fastpunk said:
entertainer said:
fastpunk said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
fastpunk said:
Do Far Cry 2.
You have to out of your fucking mind.

Why?

I haven't played it. Truth be told, I said Far Cry 2 because I wanted to see how it is. So it's that bad huh?
You can't even imagine what a fucking piece of shit it is. Everybody who dare to say that this game is "good" will be round up under a wall and shot.

I enjoyed it for the half hour I played it.
The fire phyiscs were cool. The graphics too.
But some gameplay elements were... meh.
And I didn't even play much of it and already was annoyed by some stuff.

Shoelip

Arbiter
I beat the whole fucking game. It's a huge case of unfulfilled potential. There are actually all sorts of choices you can make, but none of them really have consequences. They put allot of time into making sure all the named supporting NPCs (buddies and enemies) are interchangeable. So it's basically random what NPCs you'll meet in each game, but the game progresses in almost the exact same way no matter what. It's just the order in which you kill off the enemies. Also, there's no point in keeping your buddies alive except to make the ending of the game harder when they all betray and try to murder you for not particular reason. Even ones who're supposed to be dead, if you didn't kill them yourself earlier. Overall it's a pretty poor game that could have been great. It feels like there's something missing that should have been there.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Barrow_Bug said:
No man, what I mean is you should make a thread wherein you ask people what you should base your LP on. Start it with something like "No one knows me because I don't have an avatar or a catchphrase. It hurts me deep inside. So there's one thing to do. A LP! Say it out loud. It's highly uncomfortable.

:lol:

DriacKin

Arbiter
I vote for The Longest Journey. It's easily the most dialogue heavy game on your list. That's something that translates very well to an LP. (in my opinion)

There's always new stuff going on in the story and that's very easy to capture in a screenshot LP. It prevents the LP from getting repetitve or boring. Also, you can always make fun of some of the inane puzzles.

And by the way, I agree with Andyman. Zoe's voice acting was quite painful in Dreamfall.

Micmu

Magister
entertainer said:
Considering the amount of ass effect/fallivion LPs (and we also had Dungeon Lords LP!!!!) there is no bottom.
Play on, son.

DriacKin

Arbiter
micmu said:
entertainer said:
Considering the amount of ass effect/fallivion LPs (and we also had Dungeon Lords LP!!!!) there is no bottom.
Play on, son.
Mass Effect and F3 might be terrible games. But, they certainly aren't boring. Lots of terrible dialogue, silly situations, and silly MATURE content prevent these LPs from becoming boring.
Farcry 2, on the other hand, doesn't really have much of a story and had a lot of repetitive combat and missions.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Naw, I think it's way too fast paced. I can't take screenshots when I'm using my pad to drive the cars. Overall, it seems like it'd be way too difficult for a first LP. Instead I think I'll go with a Silent Hunter, now I just have to decide which. SH4 has more cool features and I prefer the setting, but is a half assed, unfinished, and somewhat buggy disappointment.

SH3 is a lot more solid, but it's missing the cool stuff SH4 introduced.

Of course SH4 isn't actually even a real sequel. It was an expansion pack for three that suddenly got made stand alone and rushed out as a sequel without even adding the number 4 to the box art.

betamin

Learned
LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE LP OF WASTELAND PLEASE

Quilty

Magister
Far Cry 2 if you wanna do an LP of a bad game and give up 1/10 of the way in, which could be fun to watch.

Outcast, if you wanna play a good game.

Carceri

Arcane
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Earth 2150 (I have all three)

THIS. Do a LP of the original game. Hardest dificulty possible, of course. Earth 2150 is awesome. Also, its rare to see someone playing this game, The Codex needs LPs of usually unknown games.

I played the demo long time ago and I remember it was cool enough. You could design your own units after researching the needed technology if I am not mistaken. But, how about the campaign? Interesting enough for a LP? If not go with The Longest Journey.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do a lp of sword of the samurai.

:inbeforejapangot(openly)gay:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom