Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X Imperios Estelares - Surgimiento

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
Imperios Estelares - Surgimiento is a turn-based 4X strategy game set on space, in the Orion Arm. You can choose between nine different species, expand by dozens of solar systems and hundreds of planets. Design your warships, recruit troops and crush your rivals or develop your technologies to get a diplomatic victory or a combination of everything to achieve first place at the end of the game.

You can see the overview here and download the game if you want.

https://a5-studios.itch.io/imperios-estelares-surgimiento

I hope you like it.

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
Greetings.

A new Imperios Estelares update has been released today. It was replaced most of the in-game species images and added female versions, removed various "bugs" and implemented animations for overview map scrolling and solar system selection.

You can download the demo of the game or its full version at: https://a5-studios.itch.io/imperios-estelares-surgimiento

These are some images of the game.

1.jpeg 2.jpeg 3.jpeg 4.jpeg 5.jpeg 6.jpeg 7.jpeg 8.jpeg 9.jpeg

Finvilh.jpg Goulag.jpg Humano.jpg Smirfh.jpg Suran.jpg Urunh.jpg

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
Some of Imperios Estelares story

Imperios Estelares is a turn-based 4X space strategy game, the objective of which is to defeat the rest of the opponents through conquest, by allying with all available players or by being the best positioned player at the end of the game, by spending 1,200 turns.

The game takes place in the Arm of Orion, in an area around 600 light years from the Sol system, home of the human race. Like humans, seven additional species battle their fate to spread throughout the region.

Humans are one of the youngest and most recent species in the hyperdrive club; Such technology allows traveling faster than the speed of light, something that humans thought impossible.

Finvils are one of the last species to achieve the hyperdrive engine. On their voyages of exploration around their star, Vinlima, they encountered humans, who not long ago have left their struggles behind due to a great nuclear war that devastated the Earth. After some time studying, both species reached mutually beneficial agreements, allowing humans to access the hyperdrive motor.

The Azsgar and the Mizsar are two feline-type species, older and more advanced than the Finvils and Humans. Both achieved the hyperdrive engine centuries before the Finvils, however, the Great Clash, as the long conflict between the two species is known, prevented its expansion beyond the systems of origin.

The Suran are an ancient species, dedicated to research, especially genetics. They are responsible for multiple abductions on Earth. During their experiments, crossing their own genetic material with the human, they managed to create a new species for purposes of servitude, the Urun, who turned out to be dangerous to their own creators. This led the Urun into exile, as they faced extinction thanks to the preventive actions of the Suran.

Smirf are a mysterious species, aquatic in nature. Their curiosity and the need to colonize the depths and expanses of their planet, led them by accident to discover the hyperdrive engine.

The Cikars, a kind of insectoid that for many, are the incarnation of evil, capable of killing entire species without mercy or remorse.

However, the fiercest and most dangerous species are the Goulag. Aggressive by nature, unparalleled fighters, ruthless and adhering to a strict warrior code, the Goulag pose a serious threat to the rest of the species that inhabit the Arm of Orion. Fortunately, the Goulag were for centuries locked in their solar system, Kru'mag, fighting each other. When they discovered a way to get out into outer space, they managed to reach their neighboring planets, which, fortunately, were habitable and fertile, albeit inhabited.

During centuries of struggle, the Goulag managed to subdue and ultimately enslave their neighbors, but not before destroying the ecosphere of their planets, as happened with Kru’ha, their home planet. Some decades after its last conquest, a Finvil ship appears in the Kru'mag system. Alerted by their presence and following their nature, the Goulag shot down the visitor and proceeded to search the wreckage, thus gaining access to the hyperdrive engine.

Now, when the Azsgar and the Mizsar have achieved peace and the Goulag have reached the neighboring stars, while humans expand through the solar system and the rest of the species do the same, the clash between the races inhabiting the Arm is inevitable. of Orion. Who will prevail? Only time will tell…

See more of the game at https://iestelares.foroactivo.com/t22-history-and-species

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
So which species is the owl?

The Finvil. It is an avian specie.

Finvil.jpg Finvilh.jpg

Finvil - Homeworld: Vinli, Vinlima System.

The Finvil race evolved from an avian species on their home planet, Vinli. They are contemporary with humans, however, their history is totally peaceful, since their inception they have been characterized by great compassion and respect for their environment and their fellow beings. This did not limit them at all when developing advanced technologies, as they are very curious and above all, they have always been passionate about knowing everything that is beyond what they know. Decades before humans launched their first space vehicle, the Finvils already had the hyperlight engine, thus beginning a period of space exploration close to their solar system. One of their exploration ships ran into the Kru'mag system, inhabited by the Goulag race, who turned out to be very aggressive, to the point that they shot down the Finvil ship without them being able to do anything, since they never developed weapons or military tactics. A few years later they made contact with humans, who despite their violent past, were not aggressive. During almost two decades of mutual study, the two species began to trust each other, although the Finvils were reluctant to supply the hyperluminic motor to humans, until they realized that the Goulag had reverse-engineered their downed ship and had started exploring the stars near Kru'mag. Fearing for their own existence and facing their total vulnerability, the Finvils decided to deliver the hyperluminic engine to humans in exchange for military technologies, within the framework of what is known as the "Interstellar Pact". They currently have a small but disciplined military force, determined to defend Vinlima from any aggression, at the same time that they understood the need to expand and thus guarantee the survival of the Finvils.

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
ORLY? I never would have guessed.

Jajaja. I know what you mean.

Yes it is a owl, but i ever think about them as some "alienish". But that is not the reason to choose an owl; i'm the only developer of the game and i'm not good doing drawings. The latest version had a stock image of an avian-humanoid, but i discovered that the person who published it was not the original author, so, i decided to do my humanoid owl.

I appreciate your observation. I invite you and this community to test my game and give me your impressions about it.

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
I wouldn't either, they look like they'd have trouble flying with all that clothing.

Indeed. I think the same about the Firekkans of Wing Commander or the Alkari of Master of Orion, but i like the idea of an avian-humanoid alien. Maybe the evolution of similar species push them to change the wings for a more useful arm.

At the end, this is a fictional game :D

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Norfleet

Yes it is a owl, but i ever think about them as some "alienish". But that is not the reason to choose an owl; i'm the only developer of the game and i'm not good doing drawings. The latest version had a stock image of an avian-humanoid, but i discovered that the person who published it was not the original author, so, i decided to do my humanoid owl.
Yes, I can tell. The artstyle is very jank, like you did it yourself in Photoshop. I declined to comment on that further at the time, since it was obvious this is some kind of indy project so ragging on your graphics is pointless. Honestly, I would have embraced the memes and just used meme photos as the various races. ORLY Owls vs. Doges vs. Lolcats vs Ayy Lmaos. With the added benefit of giving each their own immediately recognizable Dialogue Style.

I must be autistic and point out that we have flightless birds and, due to need for a big brain aka weight, a flying species would have very big issues developing civilization unless on a low G world.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Crows and parrots are some of the most intelligent birds and they fly. They have both language and tool use. It is not a big leap for something like them to develop civilization.

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
Yes, I can tell. The artstyle is very jank, like you did it yourself in Photoshop. I declined to comment on that further at the time, since it was obvious this is some kind of indy project so ragging on your graphics is pointless. Honestly, I would have embraced the memes and just used meme photos as the various races. ORLY Owls vs. Doges vs. Lolcats vs Ayy Lmaos. With the added benefit of giving each their own immediately recognizable Dialogue Style.

I understand. I hope to improve the portraits in the future. Maybe i will found an ilustrator but for now, it is far beyond my range for economic reasons. Really i want to use 3D characters, just like i done with the planets.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I checked your game out, played the demo for a while. My problem is there is not really anything to pull me in. I appreciate the idea of automating the micromanagement a lot of 4x games have but the macro aspect isn't very interesting at all. It boils down to: pick a technology to research, pick a ship to build, pick a planet to colonize. Also navigating your UI is micromanagement by itself. Espionage looks interesting but I lost interest quickly.

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
Thanks for the feedback, Niggerino. I really appreciate it.

Please, can you tell me more about your UI impressions? why do you consider it micromanagement?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
There is no mouse scrolling in menus, you have to click the down arrow or up arrow. You have to manually close each screen you open. Usually trying to open a new screen would automatically close the old one. There is also the old school method of select a fleet, select an order (go to), pick a location. I know it says green colors means an action you can take but it was a challenge to figure some stuff out, like how to transport troops. I never managed to figure out how to retrofit ships or what the upgrade button does. I found it really annoying that you have to disband the fleet to repair ships.

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
I understand.

It need to be more intuitive. I do many tutorials, ranging from control to the management of troops, ships, etc., but i know that not everyone wants to read all (even me :lol:) Maybe it could be better to add video tutorials.

What do you think about space combat mechanics?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Well, you only have 3 choices, concentrate fire, fire at will and retreat. Mathematically it makes no sense to pick fire at will instead of concentrate fire. Also it appeared that bigger ships weren't really worth it considering the limited space available in a battle. Maybe their greater firepower makes up for their relatively low hp. For space combat I would say it's very simple and not very fun. Endless space 2 has the best automatic combat in my opinion.

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
I got it. Thanks again for the feedback.

Do you have some other impression about the game?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah. At one point I noticed I was in a huge food deficit but the game told me nothing about this. I assume it slowed my pop growth but who knows.

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
Yeah. At one point I noticed I was in a huge food deficit but the game told me nothing about this. I assume it slowed my pop growth but who knows.

Yes, this is part of the game. If you want to grow, you need more food from your colonies. But these are too small at the first moment, so, you must research techs to reduce the polution on the planets or take planets from rivals.

And about that: did you see the encyclopedia entries? It it positive, what do you think about? It is helpful?

A.5 Studios

A.5 Studios
Developer
Well, all your impressions are very helpful. I expect to do an update of the game with more features. Some of the things you have pointed are in queue to change or add, like the scrolling of the menus. I hope more people play the game to take more opinions.

Thanks a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom