Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improved Avernum art

ElectricOtter

There's been a fairly recent project going on at the Spiderweb Software Forums that some of you may be interested in: http://www.ironycentral.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=198372#Post198372

If any you have some contributions to make, I have a account there and can post it on behalf of the 'Dex. Take a look, some p. interesting stuff near the end of the thread.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
G229furless.png

That's some da Vinci right there.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Hey, give the guy a break. When the source looks so fucking terrible, there's not much to work with. Does Spiderweb even have an artist or did Vogel draw stuff in Paint and hope for the best?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
let's all post our improved avernum art.

ElectricOtter

Lesifoere said:
Hey, give the guy a break. When the source looks so fucking terrible, there's not much to work with. Does Spiderweb even have an artist or did Vogel draw stuff in Paint and hope for the best?
They hired some guy named Andrew Hunter. You may direct your rage at him.

EDIT: And it's not like it's a one man project, ether. That art is just one guy's work, that's why I called on the Codex.

EDIT2: But the guy who did the four new portraits in Blades of Avernum was someone different. Oh well, at least his art was kinda good.

Tails

Arbiter
ElectricOtter said:
He got really paid for those chars pics?...

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Tails said:
ElectricOtter said:
He got really paid for those chars pics?...

I second this. The fuck?

And yeah, the improvements look miles better.

ElectricOtter

Looks nice. What is that from?
also human parties are useless in A6 noob

Morkar Left

Mostly stolen from M&M (9 I think), the furry is from googling (hard to find something useful). I have some Realms of Arcania (aka The Dark Eye) Artwork too.

Humans are basically apes. Apes = furries. And furries rule in Avernum I´ve heard... or I just like the challenge and stand up for mankind or whatever...

Luzur

Good Sir
i did the same with my game, stole some char dolls from M&M 9.

couldnt find anything.. "innocent" enough for the furries and scalies, so i ended up not using them in my party.

maybe i should go and ask the resident furry/scalie here to find me some from the darker regions of the internet.

Tails

Arbiter
Clockwork Knight said:
^borken link. And Shira is trying to awake the inner furry in me
Fixed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom