Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm also just trying to get rid of the level/item scaling.

Decided to give Skyrim Unleashed a chance. Ended up disabling the item/crafting/enchanting components (.esp), since I was getting a lot of "Refinement Plans" as expensive loot that just didn't seem right.
I'm going to try playing it tonight with the Morrowloot as the sole Item mod to see if the loot actually makes sense.

Eyeball

Arcane
No thanks, I don't think my puny mortal mind could stand as many Arrow/Knee references as are likely to be thrown around in the first 20 seconds of gameplay by MMO faggots.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
TESO lets you muffle all other players and 99.9% of it can be soloed. You can also see all the content with a single character. Think of it as TESVI without Gamebryo.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

TESO lets you muffle all other players and 99.9% of it can be soloed. You can also see all the content with a single character. Think of it as TESVI without Gamebryo.
Yeah, but are the other players still visible? I tried Kotor online and having 50 idiots with lightsabers jumping around in front of me at all times sort of killed what little immersion there was...

Lhynn

Arcane
Think of it as a single player rpg but with all the arbitrary restrictions of a mmo. :retarded:

Avellion

Erudite
Does anyone know if there is a mod that lets me get attacked while sleeping or waiting? Would go well along with my Darker Nights, Hypothermia and Realistic Needs and diseases. Any other "hardcore" mods that make the game immersive would be nice too.

Oh and I am using requiem, so there is already no level scaling and money has weight.

Sands of Time has that feature.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12452

Oooor you could wise up, reenable fast travel and add, say, 100 pounds to the weight carry limit using the in-game mod menu instead.

Hardk0r is one thing, adding extra logistical tedium on top of that is something else entirely.

Eeeh. Fast travel greatly diminishes the one thing Beth does right, a big world to explore. It's not a jRPG that requires you to walk back and forth between towns, anyway.

Plus there are carriages. I imagine there's some version of Mark/Recall and Divine/Daedric Intervention as well, but I didn't find those. (edit: "Teleport II (Conjuration, 50): Works like a Mark and Recall spell")

hell bovine

Arcane
I think it's not Requiem, but one of those "Immersive" mods that is responsible, actually. I recall people on the nexus forums complaining about them as well (might be the immersive patrols, not sure), because it would sometimes fuck up the standard Requiem creatures by giving them insane armor or resistances, for example. You need Requiem - Immersive patches for them to work, and I don't see them on your mod list.

Immersive Patrols doesn't add new assets apart from facegen data. You probably mean Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors, which add new equipment that is distributed to NPCs and could possibly fuck up the intended balance. But there are patches that are required for the latter two to work with Requiem, yes.

I'm wondering if the problem isn't being caused by a combination of Realistic Needs and Diseases + Frostfall making his character weaker than normal...he said he already checked the damage variables with SkyTweak, but what I saw on the video sure looks like the Legendary difficulty bug I met. As a pure mage with no weapon skills I can down a regular bandit in two or three crossbow bolts (not that I'd want to, without perks that thing is slow and wobbly as fuck).

Alternatively, he can try the Requiem - Dragonborn unofficial patch, it's 300kb and I don't see it on his load order either.

I know! Uncheck Dragonborn and try again! This time it'll surely work! :troll:
I think it was immersive creatures, but I'm not sure. At this point the simplest solution would be to start with an - only - requiem install, and then add other mods.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Does anyone know if there is a mod that lets me get attacked while sleeping or waiting? Would go well along with my Darker Nights, Hypothermia and Realistic Needs and diseases. Any other "hardcore" mods that make the game immersive would be nice too.

Oh and I am using requiem, so there is already no level scaling and money has weight.

danger.png

Avellion

Erudite

Downloaded, thanks.

danger.png

:lol: Well, I guess there is some realism behind that.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Nah, his comment made me laugh and I was just curious about TESO. I'd never play it because I hate all mmo's and am not a big fan of TES after daggerfall - not enough to play an mmo anyway. I tried KOTOR because I was jones'n for some kotor after all these years. (KOTOR online'd be "good for what it is" TM, if it weren't for all the annoying crap that comes with it being an MMO.)

Last edited by a moderator:

turul

Augur
You know, I come here to comment once a year and thank god nobody knows me and thank god I don't know many of the old or new fags here, but I had to stop at this thread and leave my mark. NOTHING - which means no current mod can save Skyrim. You could get the best combat or perk and loot system in the world, there is no mod can fix the dead world of Bethesda. The reason is, there is really nothing changes in the game, regardless what you do.
You can go kill dragons and clear out dungeons, none have any effect on the game world, beside another dead dragon, that will disappear and a new one spawns, or a clean dungeon that serves no purpose and changes nothing, regardless if it's full of draugrs or not. The "people" of Skyrim living their lives happily with the dungeons full of zombies or without, whether there are dragons or not. Nobody gives a shit and nothing is alive.

A dragon attack on a town changes nothing. Maybe some NPC dies that was selling some shit and you only care about the fact, that you have one less merchant to sell your useless loot.

The draugrs and zombie priests stay in their zones and roam their hallways without bothering anyone.
The bandits are occupying the forts and ruins that nobody cares about and no town is gonna claim or no other tribe or creatures will take over.

When you finish a mission, you get rewarded with another shitty frost axe or some shield you can find hundreds of them laying around in the dunegons and you only care about how much they weigh and how much you can sell for and eventually your money will be spent on some basic stuff like steel ignot or a soul gem so you can make the same weapon with slightly better hitpoints.
Regardless of what you collect the game throws you the same draugrs and bandits with slightly improved weaponry or armor but their presence or nonexistence after you kill them, makes no difference in people's lives or the status of the town or significant characters. Actually that's not a good word to use, because there are no significant characters, since you can ignore everything and everyone and the game makes as much sense as fighting all the mudcrabs and wolves you find. They don't really bother anyone else, beside those traveling NPCs who don't matter to anyone.
Your actions make no changes in this world whatsoever. It only matters to your character, whether it has more stamina or magicka and kill the next bigger thing, that makes no difference, whether it exist or not.
There is no progress in this or the previous Elder Scrolls games. In Oblivion nobody gave a flying fuck about oblivion gates or whether the king is dead or not, or his bastard son. In Skyrim, nobody gives a flying fuck about your status being a thane or whatever or a dragonborn. You are walking around in a rocky world with things you can kill or ignore by running away. There are no consequences either way and your actions did as much good as before you double clicking that dragon shaped shortcut on your desktop.

Last edited:
I too prefer those games where there are multi-branched consequences to killing a random bandit in the middle of nowhere, monsters decide to leave their dungeons to take a walk around the city, and my actions when I click the shortcut on the desktop make a REAL difference instead of just changing variables in a videogame.

When you finish a mission, you get rewarded with another shitty frost axe or some shield you can find hundreds of them laying around in the dunegons and you only care about how much they weigh and how much you can sell for and eventually your money will be spent on some basic stuff like steel ignot or a soul gem so you can make the same weapon with slightly better hitpoints.

This made me laugh, though.

Eyeball

Arcane
Come on, what video game actually DOES all those things? This is like screaming at a hotdog vendor for not making you a hot dog made of solid gold and encrusted with diamonds.

Turjan

Arcane
You know, I come here to comment once a year and thank god nobody knows me and thank god I don't know many of the old or new fags here, but I had to stop at this thread and leave my mark.
God, this forum got old.

Last edited:

Avellion

Erudite
Unmodded Skyrim may be shit (though still a shit ton better than Oblivious), mods actually take away most of my gripes about the game. Modded Skyrim is actually pretty decent and becomes what the game should have been in the first place. Better than most of the crap that comes out of the AAA studios nowdays.
You know, I come here to comment once a year and thank god nobody knows me and thank god I don't know many of the old or new fags here, but I had to stop at this thread and leave my mark.
God, this forum got old.
You were not here during the WW2 era discussing RPGs? Man you were missing out some awesome Bunkers & Panzers discussions.

Eyeball

Arcane
So, I'm currently at the point where I eat dragons for breakfast: summon 2 storm atronachs, blast away with lightning snipe until dead, takes less than a minute in most cases.

This has led me to want to reroll as a murderstabby thiefy sneak thing: has anyone had any success running a sneakythief in Requiem? Any hints on how not to constantly die? Using bow to kill most squishies before they close in is all very well but draugr are nearly immune to arrows and there are a shitload of draugr needing to be killed in the thieves guild questline, which makes getting the Nightingale armour kind of a chore for a squishy melee guy. IIRC, draugr are also immune to sneak crits.

I would also like to try dualwielding for once, but the "no blocking" thing is retarded to me. Can anyone recommend a mod that addresses this and fits in with Requiem?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom