Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

in search for an Action RPG

wideman

Novice
Hi,

I just finished Code Vein. Cool game, liked it a lot. It is very similair to Dark Souls series (which I have played quite a bit). And I am looking for something similar to play.

What I liked is:
-action combat (can also be tactical)
-materials are relatively easy to farm to upgrade weapons (can have several end game gear sets available)
-more tactical combat (not just standing in the middle of room waiting for monsters to spawn and attack me). I liked Prince of Persia (early games at least), but the enemies just spawning to no end in some instances was not for me.
-interesting / thought trough level layout
-boss battles
-not tons of dialogue. I want to play not to converse.

Let me know if anything rings your bell :D

I have PC (running almost everything released up to 2018) available. I was also thinking about Horizon, but not sure my pc can handle it :D. and PS4, but PC games preferred.

I was thinking of Darksiders series, but I am not sure if the fights look interesting.

Thanks!

Doktor Best

Arcane
I assume you've played all the Fromsoft titles already?

Nioh 2
Lies of Pie
Surge 2

if 2D is not a dealbreaker:

Blasphemous 2
Hollow Knight

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Lies - i don't think i can run it
Probably not the way you want to run it but game pass ultimate's cloud has it playable there. I've had perfect connections and unplayable ones so your mileage may vary.

Mortal Coil.
Original Lords of the fallen.
Zeno clash might be enjoyable to you if you're into that sort of thing.
Monster hunter is you can break the autism has a lot to offer souls fans.
Bleak Faith is jank as all fuck but it's got some heart to it.
Darksiders 3 is a souls like if I recall.

Devil may cry series doesn't have stats directly but it has new moves you purchase with XP so your character(s) grow.

lametta

Educated
dunno if you can run it but how about Final Fantasy: Stranger of paradise?

REhorror

Educated
Honestly, I'd say Kingdom Hearts (yes, cringe aside the combat IS good), too bad it's stuck on Epic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom