Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie mobile RPG: Overlive (it has zombies)

FireRabbit

Novice
Hey guys.

Been lurking here for YEARS, found a lot of awesome games here, and choosing a profile picture was painfully difficult. Wanted to say hi and post some info about an RPG I just released for iOS/Android, and ask for some feedback/impressions :)

I'm an indie RPG developer from Canada, which works well because I'm snowed in half the year. Playing and creating games is my passion, and I've been eating up RPGs since I was a kid (M&M, GoldBox, Wizardry, Baldur's Gate, everrrything). So it made sense to make an RPG.

overlive_screenshot_group_mini.jpg

The game is called Overlive, it's a zombie survival RPG that is a pain to label. The premise is your standard "survive the zombie apocalypse and escape the city" but the gameplay is a unique mix of RPG, non-linear Choose Your Own Adventure game/storybooks, and time management/strategy.

You have a set amount of days to escape the city, and you choose to train your skills, rest, or explore each day. You have 9 skills, including combat (melee, ranged, explosives, grappling) and non-combat (engineering, computers, lockpicking, perception, stealth). You increase your skills through training or practicing them, and tackle the gamebook style exploration challenges using your skills. Much like Deus Ex (the original good one) you can get through the game using non-combat skills, although some combat is unavoidable.

There's 8 different ways to escape/win, lots of random play, and no way to explore everything or uncover the entire plot in one play. You can find upgrades/improvements for your home that increase your resting benefits, and unlock new training opportunities for skill increases.

If you're interested, you can find the game here: http://www.firerabbit.com/portal/landingpage/overlive/

I'd LOVE to hear your feedback/impressions on the game. The game is priced at $1.99 and doesn't contain any IAP (in app purchases), limited time/moves, or any other bullshit you find in mobile games. If people are interested I can post a few promo codes to download the game for free on iOS, or I can refund a few people on Android if they want to post impressions of the game.

Really hope I can post this after writing all this :)

Last edited:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
if the galaxy s2 manages to do it without overheating and draining its battery, any machine can run it

FuelBlooded

Scholar
Will it run on my Sony Xperia Arc S on gingerbread? It says so on the playstore, but I'm skeptical since it might lag or something similar.

FireRabbit

Novice
Been lurking here for YEARS
Then you should've known how Codex treats advertising plants.
Reported.

Damn, if only I wasn't upfront with who I was and why I was here, I would have gotten away with it! Came so close to letting Codex know about a new indie RPG that doesn't rely on million dollar marketing campaigns for visibility!

Guess the bribe I paid to the moderator to approve that post was wasted :)

FireRabbit

Novice
Looks interesting in a Zafehouse Diaries kinda way. Is there a demo?

Hadn't heard of that one before, but looks kind of similar. I've heard people compare it to Sorcery! and Sorcery! 2 by Steve Jackson.

No demo, doing a trailer next week. Very positive impressions on TouchArcade forum thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=212840. Also if you hate it I can just refund you if it's on Google Play..

FireRabbit

Novice
Will it run on my Sony Xperia Arc S on gingerbread? It says so on the playstore, but I'm skeptical since it might lag or something similar.

If it says it's supported it's supported. This isn't a zombie shooter, it's a 2D RPG. The most intensive part is combat and even that's 2D.

2combat.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom